Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Let's Spend The Night Together Official DVD Release
Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 24, 2010 22:00

It looks legitimate. I wonder if there will be a Blu-Ray?

Product Details
Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD, Widescreen, NTSC
Language: English
Number of discs: 1
Rated: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Studio: Lions Gate Home Entertainment
DVD Release Date: November 2, 2010
Run Time: 94 minutes

LSTNT DVD at Amazon

Re: Let's Spend The Night Together Official DVD Release
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 24, 2010 22:19

Looks pretty nice!

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 24, 2010 22:24

Wow, so this is being released about 3 weeks after Ladies & Gentleman...?!?! Sweet.
Its about time these are finally making it to dvd. (maybe by then I'll have a blue ray player even...)

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: August 24, 2010 23:03

This is interesting, evidently you can buy it right now from Lionsgate.com as a digital download.Note the different cover image.

Offical Download

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 24, 2010 23:20

It doesn't appear that the Stones themselves have much to do with this release. I don't see where there's any bonus material, or recent interviews. My guess is that they'd prefer it not come out at this time and compete with the LAGTRS DVD, which they own outright. I wonder what ABCKO has up its sleeve. They always seem to suck off the Stones teat every time they tour by releasing something they own. What's left?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 25, 2010 00:19

no extras no purchase its as simple as that, the japan version is excellent picture and sound so why get this? for a different picture on the cover?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 25, 2010 00:38

Lionsgate's website shows the original Embassy Pictures artwork from the theatrical release and early video releases. It is standard procedure to do so prior to finalizing DVD artwork. The Amazon link above is likely what Lionsgate came up with in the end for the DVD release.

Date: August 25, 2010 01:20

I do not like the "Greatest Hits Live' text on the cover though. Cheapens the package slightly.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 25, 2010 02:19

melillo
no extras no purchase its as simple as that, the japan version is excellent picture and sound so why get this? for a different picture on the cover?

that's what i say but...it will probably be extremely inexpensive ($12? Best Buy)....so I'll buy it anyway.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 25, 2010 09:58

Justin
I do not like the "Greatest Hits Live' text on the cover though. Cheapens the package slightly.

Exactly. That could not appear on an official release. Also what is this Lionsgate that releases it? I am sure that it is not a company that officially releases the Stones stuff.

I have this on a DVD which is sort of official (not really, but it is not a bootleg either) - it was released here by the local Universal I believe. No bonus, but great picture and soung quallity. I am satisfied with it. Though it has absolutely messy chapters - always a couple of songs in 1 chapter and there is not a list of the songs anywhere, so you rewind it more as a videotape. Real pain in the ..., but as I wrote, the quallity is excellent, so untill a real official release full of bonuses, I am happy with that.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 25, 2010 11:08

I've always had a soft spot for this movie/film/concert call it what you will.
I first came across it in early 80's when I was off work, hired it from the local video store on Betaamax system, later bought it , again on beta ( still got that tape ) then when Betamax lost out to the inferior VHS system bought it again .
Now of course I like everybody else use DVD, so now I need another version but no official version available, so I end up with a claimed Brazilian Official version complete with introduction in Portugese, still quite watchable and did me untill a couple of years ago when a European Universal release became available , which is the current one I watch and I must say I always enjoy watching it too, I know it has all sorts of overdubs ect but who cares I never sit down to look out for such things life is for living, got worse things to worry about than a bit of tampering here and there.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 25, 2010 11:30

That cover art looks terrible, seriously.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 25, 2010 12:19

Should have released Hampton instead.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 25, 2010 12:41

LSTNT is a movie that was released with a poster
Not using the original artwork is kinda lousy IMO

I will wait for an official 16:9 Bluray release, since I already own the official 4:3 japanese DVD.

Queen have done a tremendous work on the Rock Montreal Bluray, I hope the same will happen real soon with L&G and then with LSTNT

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Orbit ()
Date: August 25, 2010 14:22

melillo

Agree - Not only does the Japanese release have exemplary sound & picture - it has nice packaging relating to the original film release.

Date: November 3, 2010 16:00

Checked my local Best Buy and didn't see it. Was it released as promised on Nov 2???

Anybody have the new US dvd release? Any bonus features?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 3, 2010 17:52

i just checked bestbuy.com and the have it for $12

Date: November 3, 2010 18:05

Apparently, the DVD is not available at Best Buy stores. Says it on the "Check Stores" feature on the product page. Borders too...

Looks like it'll have to be Amazon for me.

I thought it was being released later in the month...especially going by the lack of LSTNT threads on the board...wouldn't have guessed it was released yesterday!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 3, 2010 19:28

Justin
Apparently, the DVD is not available at Best Buy stores. Says it on the "Check Stores" feature on the product page. Borders too...

I thought it was being released later in the month...especially going by the lack of LSTNT threads on the board...wouldn't have guessed it was released yesterday!
same as ladies and gentelman was only a bestbuy.com online and ditto for target.com i went to target thinking they were gonna have ladies and gentelman and i was mistaken .target had stones in exile dvd but not ladies and gentelman .go figure huh

Date: November 3, 2010 19:34

Interesting Greek...my BB (in West LA) had several copies of L&G..still some yesterday. Maybe Lionsgate isn't doing a major push compared to what Eagle Rock did with L&G?

Nothing worse than going to the store and finding that they don't have what you're looking for on the day it's released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-03 19:35 by Justin.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 3, 2010 19:47

I bought this for £4.88 a couple of weeks ago:-

[www.amazon.co.uk]

It's a pretty good release, in widescreen. Bonus features are the trailer and some still pics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-03 19:48 by WeLoveYou.

Date: November 3, 2010 20:43

The Greek
Justin

same as ladies and gentelman was only a bestbuy.com online and ditto for target.com i went to target thinking they were gonna have ladies and gentelman and i was mistaken .target had stones in exile dvd but not ladies and gentelman .go figure huh

bought my L&G at a Best Buy Store.

So...if LSTNT is currently only available at a .com store............anybody get one yet?? i'm sure
it's a huge improvement....even the one recently shown on TCM was much better than
my old USA VHS. i hope there is some sort of bonus as an incentive.

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: November 4, 2010 12:50

Saw it when it was released. Had to drive thru a near blizzard to get to the theater in Queens, NY, so I'm guessing it was winter 82-83?

Still waiting for mine, ordered from Amazon.com

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC) :

1 Sticky Fingers (Reis) $10.97 1 $10.97

1 Ladies & Gentlemen The Rol... $7.99 1 $7.99

1 Let's Spend the Night Toge... $10.99 1 $10.99

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 4, 2010 15:23

It's $10.99 this week at Target

Posted by: heritagehawks ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:33

It was Winter 1982/83, I was a junior in high school and I went to see it with a group of friends at the Foxfield Theaters in St. Charles, IL. I can still remember the absolute awe I felt as they open the curtains as the concert begins with Keith cranking out the Under My Thumb riff on the black Tele and watching Jagger run out into just a sea of people at Sun Devil Stadium. Even watching it on DVD and when AMC ran it last month, it is still awe-inspiring. That opening number throughout the tour was one of the highlights, if you watch this movie again on the DVD watch for how Keith moves down the stage ramp in perfect time and camera frame to do his solo as Jagger and Wood bounce back and forth in the background, Keith pumping his arm and bumping up and down to the Charlie's groove. By the way, I remember it was junior year because we skipped out of the ACT prep classes we had at night to go see it at the theaters near the high school. Never did take the ACT, but it must not have hurt me because I'm a high school principal today! Doubt any of my kids monitor this forum! Looking forward to reading Life, got it at Target last night.

Date: November 4, 2010 22:56

LeonidP

only Target.com right? checked the STORE last night..didn't see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-05 02:11 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: November 5, 2010 00:47

bootleg

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 5, 2010 03:01

sweet neo con
LeonidP

only Target.com right? checked the STORE last night..didn't see it.

Good question. I am planning to go tomorrow in an attempt to pick it up. I'll reply again after.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 5, 2010 19:48

Target . com
Walmart . com
BestBuy . com

No in stores yet.

It seems to be the enhanced 16:9 version that palladia and others are playing.
No extras are mentioned and the run time looks to be movie only.

Not a bootleg

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 5, 2010 20:15

A nicely remastered version of this with a few additional footage and interviews would to the trick for a 2011 30th anniversary release.
Of course with a nice packaging too.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home