Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Did your parents like the Rolling Stones?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:31

well am 57 years young now. my father died 23 years ago. He really liked classic- music. , but ONE TIME--he listenened to "Stones"-Music. was back in 1966.
"As tears go by"---and he said"The middle part is stolen by johann sebastian bach!!

my mother--87 now--prefer the beatles!

I am a stones-fan since 1964--and i am sure----they will roll on!

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: Did your parents like the Rolling Stones?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:33

Hell NO !

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:35

No, they liked Frank Sinatra and George Formby...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:41

mum liked alot of the good sixties stuff, including the lads.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 22:41

yeah until they put out their satanic majesties request lol

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:02

def-not

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:04

My mom, bless her heart loves them. That's where I got my obsession from.

I'm 45 and one of my earliest memories is of seeing a band on Top of the Pops with the lead singer in a pink satin suit. I didn' know it at the time but I was watching the Stones perform Brown Sugar!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:05

My mother does,since she was with her 15 years old daughter in June 76 & saw the Stones on live .
My mother likes very much Sir Jagger.
My father is into classic music & Frankie -not the one that goes to Hollywood but Mr Sinatra.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:09

Both of mine do. Though Dad is a bigger fan., his fav...........

Beggars Banquet!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:09

No, they liked Sinatra and similar. After a lifetime of enjoying classical music, my dad developed a taste for Mantovani.

However, they bought me a Marantz stereo with Fisher speakers (my pride and joy), gave me an allowance so I could buy all the albums I wanted, put up with the constant noise, and drove me to concerts and picked me up.

Posted by: tops06 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:14

First Stones records I ever heard were my Dad's Stones records. Through the Past Darkly; Hot Rocks and Sticky Fingers

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:16

no way, and they're not even that much younger. My mother developed a fondness for the Beatles, but it was after the fact.

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:18

I'm 35 and it was through my mum that I found the Stones (my dad, not so much).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:20

My father was a jazz musician and hated Rock & Roll. After seeing them on Ed Sullivan (Time Is On My Side) he called them 'The Strolling Bones'. He liked to tell me that they had to pump cum out of Mick Jagger's stomach on his wedding night. (Same story is told with different rock stars).

I got my revenge, subtly. I asked him if there were any rock stars he respected. He thought for a minute and said, "I kind of liked that Billy Preston. What's he doing now?"

"Playing for the Rolling Stones." Silence.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:25

My parents used to play START ME UP when I was little. So when I hear it I think of stuff like eating Donkey Kong breakfast cereal and my sister throwing a fit for a Cabbage Patch Doll.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:35

Hell no, not in 1978 and 79 when I first starte my obsession... the Stones really were bad boys then. Later on, my parents realized that there was worse I could have been listening to. The Stones became mainstream and my dad eventually started to refer to Mick and Keith as "Los Viejitos" aka, "The Old Men"......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:44

Heck YEAH ....esp MUM.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: March 17, 2011 23:56

Uh, No. Mom HATED the Stones.

Dad - weren't they around in the sixties like that John Lennon guy?

Date: March 17, 2011 23:57

Yes my mom does, shes only 50 lol she'll kill me for pubicly displaying her age, but yeah shes a fan, not as big as me but still, she saw them two times in fact :/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-17 23:58 by SuperKeefFangirl18.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:05

My father likes them; the first Stones records I ever got to spin was his Decca vinyls.....especially Rolled Gold. Think he lost interest after Sticky Fingers, tho. And he totally lost interest after I purchased him Dirty Work in 1986 - that was a bad move

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:06

nope...but they still bought me Stones records for Christmas. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:10

24FPS
My father was a jazz musician and hated Rock & Roll. After seeing them on Ed Sullivan (Time Is On My Side) he called them 'The Strolling Bones'. He liked to tell me that they had to pump cum out of Mick Jagger's stomach on his wedding night. (Same story is told with different rock stars).

I got my revenge, subtly. I asked him if there were any rock stars he respected. He thought for a minute and said, "I kind of liked that Billy Preston. What's he doing now?"

I was once in a car with a group of people, one of whom was a total jazz snob. On the radio came WAITING ON A FRIEND and this jazz snob (who knew it was the Stones and also knew me and another person in the car loved the Stones) said, "This is the most AWFUL music. How anyone can like this crap I don't know!" And I said, "Do you know who that is playing sax?"

"No."

"Sonny Rollins!"

That shut up this jazz snob good!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:12

My mum is the same age as Mick Jagger, & was / is a Stones fan to a certain extent, though her main interest (like Keith) is probably reggae. My dad (who I haven't seen for years) always preferred Elvis & Hank Williams.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:14

hell NO - i was brought up proper!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:14

Sleepy City
My mum is the same age as Mick Jagger, & was / is a Stones fan to a certain extent, though her main interest (like Keith) is probably reggae. My dad (who I haven't seen for years) always preferred Elvis & Hank Williams.

I got into the Stones as a kid during the 60s (I was born in '63) thanks to the well-worn copies of my mum's 'Big Hits' & 'Through The Past Darkly'.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:33

I told my mom that Satisfaction came out in '65 awhile back, and she's like 'what? they've been around longer than I thought' lol

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:36

My dad himself is a big stones-fan so, yeah! smiling smiley

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 18, 2011 00:37

Title5Take1
24FPS

I was once in a car with a group of people, one of whom was a total jazz snob. On the radio came WAITING ON A FRIEND and this jazz snob (who knew it was the Stones and also knew me and another person in the car loved the Stones) said, "This is the most AWFUL music. How anyone can like this crap I don't know!" And I said, "Do you know who that is playing sax?"

"No."

"Sonny Rollins!"

That shut up this jazz snob good!

Nice

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 18, 2011 01:24

When I was growing up, no. But I took my Mom to the Glendale, AZ show in 2004 (or whenever it was) and she danced in the aisle (she was 70 at the time). She also was very moved by Keith's performance of "Slipping Away"...Still working on Dad.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 18, 2011 02:17

I am the parent

kids tolerate them, but since its ingrained in their heads, I did my job in passing it on....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home