Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith to play on Chuck Leavells new project
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: March 11, 2011 22:17

Chuck said Keith was in great shape and it would be a travisty if the Stones don't tour next year

[www.denverpost.com]

Re: Keith to play on Chuck Leavells new project
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 11, 2011 22:23

The joke of the year, Keith not playing for Stu at a one time occasion,
but working for "the fifth Stone" Leavell. Hahahahahahahaha.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2011 22:24

Hey Cool!!! sounds interesting .... esp Chuck giving a nod ta Skip James' piano playing ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 11, 2011 22:25

"The 5th stone"? please....is that what he calls himself?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: March 11, 2011 22:25

But the point is Keith is playing, it was said on this forum a few times that he hadn't done anything and hadn't picked up his guitar since the last tour, well this shows that he is still playing. THERE IS HOPE YET!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 11, 2011 23:01

So he's playing for Chuck the f**k,but not STU....................WTF !

Next he'll be telling us "I work for Chuck - it's his band " .......WTF is going on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sc uk

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 11, 2011 23:04

uh, straycatuk, why are you upset? keith DID play on the stu tribute cd. the article makes no mention of him playing a show with chuck, only on his record.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 11, 2011 23:16

Just like a vocal percentage of Stones fans feel Taylor's pain for being robbed of songwriting credits as if it was an injustice done personally to them, there's a voal percentage that feel that Mick and Keith (mainly Keith) not flying to the UK where the other four Stones already were to take part in a boogie-woogie show in Stu's honor was somehow an unforgivable slight.

Sure, Keith loves to preach that Stu was everything, but the reality is Stu's contributions to their recorded output from 1965 - 1985 was minimal. I agree, he was a great piano player and I'm sorry they didn't make more use of him, but it doesn't change the reality that he was a friend and employee who got to sit in once in awhile just like Alan Rogan or Pierre de Beauport. The reaction of many fans is that this is an outrage (once again, as if they were personally slighted by Keith).

Well, they're not alone. I hear Stu hasn't said a word to either Glimmer Twin since they didn't show up at his show.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 11, 2011 23:29

pgarof
But the point is Keith is playing, it was said on this forum a few times that he hadn't done anything and hadn't picked up his guitar since the last tour, well this shows that he is still playing. THERE IS HOPE YET!

It was? Where?

He's played on a few sessions since the last Stones tour, which have been released - Wingless Angels, Sheryl Crow and er....the Rolling Stones 'Exile' session. Plus the new Stu record.

He just hasnt played very much.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 11, 2011 23:33

Keith has played on a couple diferent peoples albums in recent years. Now all he has to do is play on Rolling Stone album.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: boituvense ()
Date: March 12, 2011 00:43

"I DON'T THINK THE STONES WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY COAGULATED WITHOUT IAN STEWART PULLING IT TOGETHER...."

KEITH RICHARDS - LIFE

Date: March 12, 2011 00:48

Rocky Dijon
Just like a vocal percentage of Stones fans feel Taylor's pain for being robbed of songwriting credits as if it was an injustice done personally to them, there's a voal percentage that feel that Mick and Keith (mainly Keith) not flying to the UK where the other four Stones already were to take part in a boogie-woogie show in Stu's honor was somehow an unforgivable slight.

Sure, Keith loves to preach that Stu was everything, but the reality is Stu's contributions to their recorded output from 1965 - 1985 was minimal. I agree, he was a great piano player and I'm sorry they didn't make more use of him, but it doesn't change the reality that he was a friend and employee who got to sit in once in awhile just like Alan Rogan or Pierre de Beauport. The reaction of many fans is that this is an outrage (once again, as if they were personally slighted by Keith).

Well, they're not alone. I hear Stu hasn't said a word to either Glimmer Twin since they didn't show up at his show.

I don't agree with him been seen as the same as Alan or Pierre . IMHO that is ridiculous ,but you are entitled to your view .We can agree to differ ?

I don't take Keith's actions or lack of them as a personal slight. I may have done once, but that's when I used to hang on his every word. those days are well and truly over for myself and many others.

Passions about this band sometimes run wild. At the end of the day,they almost made 50 years and owe us nothing...............I've even got over the fan club DVD !

sc uk

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 12, 2011 00:54

I didn't mean they viewed Stu's worth the same, but that after 1965 his input didn't amoutn to much more than letting Alan or Pierre sit in. Obviously, Stu contributed much more than either Pierre or Alan ever did (although Pierre might have made more money with his songwriting credits or production credits than Stu's share of Nanker-Phelge for any given song), but Stu's real contribution to their music was only in the first two or three years of the band. I think that's a shame, but that's because I always loved when you'd hear Stu tinkling away at an odd moment in a song, but the truth is there were far too few of them and there are whole albums from 1967 through the mid-eighties where Stu doesn't even play.

Finally, straycatuk - I wasn't singling you out so sorry if it seemed that way. I was talking about fans in a general sense. I enjoy taking the piss out of fans for being extreme, but I'm here posting nearly every day so I'm not much different.

Date: March 12, 2011 00:58

I also enjoy taking the piss and often can't believe how serious it gets.

Peace - it's cool.

scuk

Date: March 12, 2011 01:00

straycatuk
I also enjoy taking the piss and often can't believe how serious it gets.

Piss off, Dave!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-12 01:00 by Gazza.

Date: March 12, 2011 01:02

charming !

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 12, 2011 01:31

Do people on this board really think that Keith sits home and never picks up a guitar at home?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 12, 2011 01:36

i assume keith is in his world of warcraft phase. you know, when you start playing that game you don't stop for months and months!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 12, 2011 01:45

Probably I am just stupid, but I see this message from pgarof as a good thing. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 12, 2011 02:05

see this message from pgarof as a good thing.

YES

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 12, 2011 02:21

boituvense
"I DON'T THINK THE STONES WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY COAGULATED WITHOUT IAN STEWART PULLING IT TOGETHER...."

KEITH RICHARDS - LIFE

But that is baloney, it coagulated nicely because of Brian.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2011 02:32

Chuck doesn't say that Keith is playing guitar...just that "I recently got Keith Richards to play on my next project",

Maybe Keith just plays a tambourine?

Date: March 12, 2011 02:42

slew
Do people on this board really think that Keith sits home and never picks up a guitar at home?

He acknowledged last year that this was in fact the case.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 02:42

Rocky Dijon

But isn't it a bit hypocritical of Keith to practically worship Stu and blow his role in the band way out of proportion and then not even showing up for a small tribute gig?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:00

Can anyone imagine that one of these great friends (or dependent employees . .) will tell us Keith'(or anyones) playin is just bad now . . ?!?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:07

Who put the tribute together.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:27

What's all this frustration for Keith not playing on a Stu tribute album? Big deal! This so called tribute was engineered by someone not even in the Stone's orbit! Let alone someone who really hung out with Stu and played with him! I take this as great news and look forward to hearing it. Keith is playin! Nothing wrong there!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 12, 2011 03:42

>What's all this frustration for Keith not playing on a Stu tribute album?

But he *does* play on the tribute album! Folks are just angry he didn't show up at the concert, though nobody knows why he didn't show, or if was even invited.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 04:23

Ahh I see. Well still not a big deal. I am just happy to hear he is playing.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 12, 2011 08:13

Keith has played so little lately,and that is so atypical of his stated love of playing,one has to wonder if this is a very serious health issue(his surgery or his arthritis).
If it is about Patti's health,or maybe he is playing at home, but the relationship with Mick is worse than ever...and along comes Chuck and says Keith is in great shape??

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home