Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Evening Gown | Live
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: March 10, 2011 14:51

Just a great song!

Re: Evening Gown | Live
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: March 10, 2011 15:36

Mick Jagger's greatest concert (with or with the RS) since at least 1982!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 10, 2011 18:13

i was there! -- my greatest Stones related memory ever, mostly because i was virtually in the front the entire time.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 10, 2011 18:39

LeonidP
i was there! -- my greatest Stones related memory ever, mostly because i was virtually in the front the entire time.

Can we see you in the film too?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 10, 2011 18:47

JumpingKentFlash
LeonidP

Can we see you in the film too?

By virtually in the front, i was actually standing in what would be the 2nd row ... i watched the boogleg dvd and there is only 1 clear shot of me, almost right up on my face. If I remember correctly it was during the encore break, but i'd have to watch again to be sure.

I remember Jimmy Rip was awesome on guitar - played some mean instrumentals.

Date: March 10, 2011 19:28

I wasn't there... but I've met Jimmy Rip (briefly), & saw him back Jerry Lee Lewis at several UK concerts in 2004. A superb musician!

Jerry Lee Lewis recorded 'Evening Gown' as a duet with Mick Jagger of course, & it was produced by Jimmy Rip. Mick says during the interview on 'The Best of MJ' DVD that he wrote the song with The Killer in mind!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-10 19:30 by Sleepy City.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 10, 2011 20:24

Mick should have held this one for the Stones..it would have been the other bookend to Dead Flowers. too bad...cause it's a killer hook.

Date: March 10, 2011 20:34

Rip This
Mick should have held this one for the Stones..it would have been the other bookend to Dead Flowers. too bad...cause it's a killer hook.

True, though it's also a very good reason why all RS fans should give Mick's solo work a listen too.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 10, 2011 21:45

Sleepy City
Rip This

True, though it's also a very good reason why all RS fans should give Mick's solo work a listen too.

Well, that CD anyway

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 10, 2011 21:45

This song is really a KILLER, loved it from the very first second, big stuff! Wandering Spirirt is my favorite "stones"-album for the last two decades, excellent songwriting ... searching more of that gig now ... anybody has a link?

Date: March 10, 2011 21:50

muenke
This song is really a KILLER, loved it from the very first second, big stuff! Wandering Spirirt is my favorite "stones"-album for the last two decades, excellent songwriting ... searching more of that gig now ... anybody has a link?

It's my favourite Stones album since Tattoo You! : )

I don't have a link, but I can trade it on DVD (I'm based in the UK - contact me privately if interested).

Date: March 10, 2011 21:52

Munichhilton
Sleepy City
Rip This

Well, that CD anyway

I know I'm in the minority but I really like 'Primitive Cool' (particularly the title track!).

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 10, 2011 21:52

Great song with a f a n t a s t i c bridge.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 11, 2011 01:58

Alejandro Escovedo does a great cover of this:

(He also does a killer "Sway".)

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 11, 2011 02:15

Nice song...it would have been a good one to save for the Stones. I wish they both used a real piano for the live shows. This digital piano (is it Chuck Levell?) sounds thin and kinda cheesy.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 11, 2011 04:52

I've written this before, but I don't think that, with the way they work, especially keith but also mick, the lament of "not saving" songs for the band makes sense. Don't they both basically write on demand?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-11 05:43 by cc.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: March 11, 2011 05:25

Doesn't hurt to Jon Langford along for the ride either.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home