Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
And WHO else might be on the road in 2011 ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 19, 2010 21:46

[www.thewho.com]

Hmmm ... Stones possibly. Faces definitely. WHO possibly. Could be a good year, could 2011 !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: And WHO else might be on the road in 2011 ?
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 19, 2010 21:59

THE BEE GEES were been interviewed on TV the other night looks like they're getting back together sometime soon.They're a Band I would love to see.I just bought their greatest hits THE RECORD yesterday.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 19, 2010 22:18

plenty of young, fresh, talented musicians and bands touring next year at reasonable, and affordable prices, as well.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 19, 2010 22:19

The Who

I just recently got into them very heavily. Would love to see them live. They did a couple shows at the (relatively) small Nokia Theatre 2 years ago here in LA but sadly wasn't a fan yet....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 19, 2010 22:27

plenty of young, fresh, talented musicians and bands touring next year at reasonable, and affordable prices, as well.

Exactly!!

Not even 'young' bands. Just saw the Damned with about 200 other people and they blew the place apart! Great gig for £15 n all....

Date: August 19, 2010 22:28

Adrian-L

Have you checked out St Jude yet ? Playing Bush Hall nr Shepherds Bush on 17 September, hoping I'll be back home in time for it .... currently away. The female vocalist is a reincarnation of Janis Joplin I swear !

Date: August 19, 2010 22:31

Adrian-L

The pricing issue is becoming real I agree ... it's getting stupid

Date: August 19, 2010 22:34

Justin
The Who

I just recently got into them very heavily. Would love to see them live. They did a couple shows at the (relatively) small Nokia Theatre 2 years ago here in LA but sadly wasn't a fan yet....

Magnificent live ... even though there's plenty on IORR here that would dismiss them as long past their "sell by" date. Personally, I wouldn't.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 19, 2010 22:40

Justin
The Who

I was at one of those shows. You didn't miss anything. Daltrey's voice is shot. Listen to some old bootlegs. Don't waste any money on any future live Who shows.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 19, 2010 22:41

I completely agree, go check out local talent in the bar around the corner, be surprised, learn new things.

Date: August 19, 2010 22:47

sweetcharmedlife
Justin
The Who

I was at one of those shows. You didn't miss anything. Daltrey's voice is shot. Listen to some old bootlegs. Don't waste any money on any future live Who shows.

I still think they have it, but I'll agree Daltrey's voice is teetering on the brink these days .....

Date: August 19, 2010 23:08

paulywaul
sweetcharmedlife
Justin
The Who

I still think they have it, but I'll agree Daltrey's voice is teetering on the brink these days .....

Interesting views, Pauly and sweetcharmed.

I'd actually still go because Townshend can still bring it. Would love to just see and hear them in person just once before they really call it quits. After watching the great DVDs out...I don't think I can pass it up if they did come through town.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 19, 2010 23:14

....all kinds of road kill .... sadly sometimes ya just can't avoid 'em ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 19, 2010 23:23

I saw the Who 10 years ago, one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was Entwistle's last tour, sure glad I got to see him. Daltrey's voice did sound a bit rough in their Superbowl gig, but I 'd definitely go see them again.

Ray Davies hinted at a possible Kinks reunion a while back, but I haven't heard anymore about one. I'd love for that to happen (of course, they'd have to get John Dalton on bass, since Peter Quaife recently passed on).

Buddy Guy seems to tour every year, and he is always great.

I've never seen the Black Keys or Joe Bonamassa, and I'd really like to see them.

Date: August 19, 2010 23:27

Justin
paulywaul
sweetcharmedlife
Justin
The Who

I'd actually still go because Townshend can still bring it. Would love to just see and hear them in person just once before they really call it quits. After watching the great DVDs out...I don't think I can pass it up if they did come through town.

Justin,

I saw them on 30th March this year at the Royal Albert Hall in London perform Quadrophenia, which I have to say (a) I don't know particularly well and (b) of the little I do know of it, it doesn't rank anywhere near the top of the list of my favourite Who material. So IF this proves to be the show they're taking on the road (which I'm inclined to doubt, but you never know) - I'd suggest you think twice before going to see them. DO go if you know the material and are really gagging to see the Who, but if not, you might be advised to pass. I don't think you'd come away with the best impression of the band. You're probably better off seeing them knock out a "best of" set, but I think they've kind of flogged that to death in recent outings, so heaven knows what we're gonna get if they DO step out in 2011.

Just my two cents worth ..... but one way or the other, DEFINITELY a band ta see before ya die (or THEY die) !!

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: August 20, 2010 00:33

paulywaul
[www.thewho.com]

Hmmm ... Stones possibly. Faces definitely. WHO possibly. Could be a good year, could 2011 !!

The way Springsteen can't sit still,I wouldn't be surprised.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 20, 2010 02:01

Justin
paulywaul
sweetcharmedlife
Justin
The Who

They bored and depressed me the last time I saw them (2008), but I STILL think they're good enough to seem impressive to a new fan who's never seen them before. YOU should go see them.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 02:50

Justin
The Who

I just saw them in Boston a few years ago and was pretty amazed to tell you the truth - they had an awesome night and Roger was in fine voice. It was my son's first time to see them - he was about 16 at the time and was pretty impressed as well.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: August 20, 2010 02:52

I am going to keep the memories of the four times I saw the Who between 1975 and the mid 90s, and stay away from future shows.

HEY, what about Jimmy Page? This was supposed to be the year of a solo album and tour, but it's sure looking like more of a 2011 event right now .... if it happens at all.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 20, 2010 03:36

Adrian-L

I love it when young, talented musicians get fresh...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 20, 2010 05:16

This is a good band to see live:

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 20, 2010 06:15

Mongoose
I am going to keep the memories of the four times I saw the Who between 1975 and the mid 90s, and stay away from future shows.

HEY, what about Jimmy Page? This was supposed to be the year of a solo album and tour, but it's sure looking like more of a 2011 event right now .... if it happens at all.

Forget Jimmy Page. It's over. It's been over for a long time.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 20, 2010 10:18

skipstone
This is a good band to see live:

they certainly are! Seeing them at The Shepherds Bush empire, London, in November!

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 20, 2010 10:24

The Who are Moon, Townshend, Entwistle & Daltrey. Two of them are dead, two of the most important members. Townshend, yes he´s still quite good. But the Who don´t exist anymore. You´ll see a good cover band, taht´s all.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 15:52

Justin
paulywaul
sweetcharmedlife
Justin
The Who

You will not be disappointed!! I just saw them myself for the first time a couple of years back in Boston, and it was a very low key stage production - the kind that everyone here wants from the Stones that I've never understood why because I live for the stadium spectacle when it comes to the Stones - but this was an AMAZING gig!! I don't think that the Stones could pull off anything like that these days, but it was AWESOME!! And loud as hell - I'd definitely go see them again.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 15:59

Yeah, The Who can still kick it. There were a few members who saw the Quadrophenia shows and said it was fantastic. Sure Roger can't put out every other night, and can struggle, but he can also jam it in the pocket on occasions and if you hit an on night, then you see what the legend is all about. Him and Townshend still riffing off each other. And some great stuff in their set lists too. Pete's brother, and Zak are great.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: August 20, 2010 17:45

Roger Waters will be touring next year.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 20, 2010 22:15

The Who on tour again? Nice.

I saw them in stockholm 2007, fantastic show indeed!

Date: August 20, 2010 23:51

Cool, thanks everyone. I definitely will see them for all the reasons mentioned---mainly because I've NEVER seen them at all. I wanna hear the songs LOUD!

And yeah, Pauly, Quadrophenia is one my favorites so I would no doubt enjoy the show if they toured behind that. But I'd also expect they'd tag on a few of their hits at the end of the show also. Either way....would be sweet!

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: August 21, 2010 00:07

I will reiterate the aforementioned, just so's the point gets across:

THE DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS are incredible!! A solid band, lyrically and sonically, and chances are they are coming to a town near you in the next few months. Tix around these part (the great state of KY) are under $30.

Do yourself a favor, and catch them.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home