Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: (Semi) What If.......
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2011 21:57

What if there was a rule that no topic can begin with either "What if" or "if"?

Not always, but often, it goes into the land of stupid.
While I realize this is not a classroom, where I work, I instruct new-hires and one of the ground rules is "No what if questions" because if throws off the pace of instruction.
I guess to me what if questions are often fantasy questions that nobody could ever have an answer to, like "What would Brian Jones be doing if he were still alive today" OK, I admit this question is not stupid, but so many are.

On the other hand a question like "Do you think the Stones will tour in 2012" is a measurable question, someday we will have an answer.

I guess with such little Stones activity these days, more of these questions pop up.

So, I will re-word my question:

Do you think this would be a better quality board without "what if" or "if" questions?

Re: OT: (Semi) What If.......
Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: February 20, 2011 21:59

I think it has passed into history now. What if is all it ever can be.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 21, 2011 03:27

What if and what should never be.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 21, 2011 07:40

What if we agree that it depends on the topic? What if some never to be proven questions have merit? Recently there was a thread concerning What If The Stone had broken up after Exile? It really got me and others thinking of how the landscape would have changed and how the band would have been perceived.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 21, 2011 21:06

24FPS
What if we agree that it depends on the topic? What if some never to be proven questions have merit? Recently there was a thread concerning What If The Stone had broken up after Exile? It really got me and others thinking of how the landscape would have changed and how the band would have been perceived.

Good point, but unfortunately (for me) it's the bad ones that stick out. I'd give several examples, but they are not worth the mention.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: February 21, 2011 21:38

Over the years many a conversation The Stones have had among'st themselves has probably started with a What if.. we try this..or What if we do another tour..sort of thing.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 23, 2011 05:43

The what if questions would all be replaced with "Suppose ..." questions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home