Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Eagle Rock "Some Girls" Documentary In the Works
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: February 7, 2011 06:38

A friend of mine was just telling me that Eagle Rock Entertainment, who did the "Stones In Exile" documentary, is now doing one on the Some Girls album. However, It has not been confirmed if the Stones will be doing a Some Girls CD like they did for Exile On Main St.

If I find out anymore I will let you know.

Rob

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-07 15:00 by originalstones.

Re: Eagle Rock Some Girls Documentary
Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: February 7, 2011 08:19

I'm not hating on The Stones or Eagle Rock...but I was disappointed in the Stones in Exile DVD as a whole...curious what would be done with this though.

Date: February 7, 2011 08:24

I bought the new Exile release awhile back on CD. I found it interesting. I'vd been listening to the oringial songs on the first disc quite a lot...had the chance to meet Don Was at the Grammy Museum...He signed my copy of second CD of "newer" material on which he worked...Thanks for the info....best in music smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2011 08:39

had the chance to meet Don Was at the Grammy Museum...He signed my copy of second CD of "newer" material

YEAH did ya get the chance ta pump about what else is in them there vaults?...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: February 7, 2011 14:54

donnarq1
I'm not hating on The Stones or Eagle Rock...but I was disappointed in the Stones in Exile DVD as a whole...curious what would be done with this though.

I agree with you. It was good but could have been better. I think they will do a better job this time.

Re: Eagle Rock "Some Girls" Documentary
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 7, 2011 15:16

I like Stones in Exile but, yes, it coud've be better. You know that Bill who filmed all the time during Nellcote sessions refused to give them shooting materials. I've read it in one of S. Kijak(SIE director). It's wierd, isn't it?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 7, 2011 15:27

proudmary
I like Stones in Exile but, yes, it coud've be better. You know that Bill who filmed all the time during Nellcote sessions refused to give them shooting materials. I've read it in one of S. Kijak(SIE director). It's wierd, isn't it?
Maybe he's going to do his own version and get some credits..........

Re: Eagle Rock "Some Girls" Documentary In the Works
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 7, 2011 15:53

Thank you for this info. I can't imagine a documentary without a Deluxe Edition to cross-market plus Don Was indicated this project might be next. If I recall correctly, Don also noted that SOME GIRLS would not require the amount of touch-up's (re-recordings) that EXILE did. Perhaps this will be a proper outtakes release. "Fiji Jim" was allegedly re-cut in the early 90's at the same session as "So Young" so perhaps both of those will make the grade. It would be great to have official releases for material like "Do You Think I Care" or maybe even "Think I'm Going Mad" finally! Something to look forward to for sure.

Date: February 7, 2011 15:56

EddieByword
Maybe he's going to do his own version and get some credits..........

...well, too bad he let that 'momentum' par excellence pass, then.
He should have released it coinciding with the Exile re-release, last year.
Time waits for no one!

I think there's more material (personal film, tv-material) on the Stones 1977-1978 period available. Should add up to an interesting rockumentary!

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 7, 2011 16:48

...much better a 'Some Girls' deluxe version than another ABB

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 7, 2011 16:53

Rocky Dijon
Thank you for this info. I can't imagine a documentary without a Deluxe Edition to cross-market plus Don Was indicated this project might be next. If I recall correctly, Don also noted that SOME GIRLS would not require the amount of touch-up's (re-recordings) that EXILE did. Perhaps this will be a proper outtakes release. "Fiji Jim" was allegedly re-cut in the early 90's at the same session as "So Young" so perhaps both of those will make the grade. It would be great to have official releases for material like "Do You Think I Care" or maybe even "Think I'm Going Mad" finally! Something to look forward to for sure.

going mad was officially released.

i do think the SG outs offer plenty of opportunity for a decent deluxe package...if they could only keep jagger away from the overdub mike this time....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 7, 2011 17:03

I know it's an official B-side, but it's never been on an official CD. It would be great to see it included if it is and if there is a Deluxe Edition. I'm betting yes.

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: February 7, 2011 17:34

I believe Eagle Rock make the "Classic Albums" documentaries - maybe this is for one of those, rather than a full-blown Exile-style re-issue?

I'd be happy if it is - those docs are always enjoyable...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 7, 2011 17:59

"...much better a 'Some Girls' deluxe version than another ABB"

or do both?

Date: February 7, 2011 18:21

Rockman..He played some interesring studio outtakes from the Exile sessions. I'm sure he only revealed what he was allowed to....mentioned a song named "Scarlet".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2011 21:59

donnarq1....Thanks

ROCKMAN

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 7, 2011 22:02

originalstones
A friend of mine was just telling me that Eagle Rock Entertainment, who did the "Stones In Exile" documentary, is now doing one on the Some Girls album. However, It has not been confirmed if the Stones will be doing a Some Girls CD like they did for Exile On Main St.

Rob

Yes, I knew the same storie.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 7, 2011 22:21

originalstones

Rob

Excellent news if true. Hopefully the unreleased concert film "Ladies & Gentlemen" from that tour will be part of the package (filmed in Fort Worth - only 6 songs or so of which has ever circulated)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 7, 2011 22:23

Their probably will be a Some Girls deluxe job done. It's been rumoured for a while now. Maybe they can tour behind that.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 8, 2011 04:48

this album has gotten fairly negative comments around here in the past year or so of Exile-mania (this after when I first started posting here, it was routinely appended to the so-called "Big 4" )... is everyone going to be whistling a different tune once the hype begins for this package?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-08 05:21 by cc.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 8, 2011 04:59

cc
this album has gotten fairly negative comments around here in the past year or so of Exile-mania (this after when I first started posting here, it was routinely appended to the so-called "Big 4")... is everyone going to be whistling a different tune once the hype begins for this package?

not much of a whistler, but be happy to hum along with others as needed.....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 8, 2011 06:04

A real look at the Some Girls era would require starting at the Mocambo through to Keith's (& the Stones) 1979 Canadian benefit concert. Do they really want to take a close look at the time Keith almost capsized the band? The tour was extremely uneven. Their Saturday Night Live appearance was a disaster. The Some Girls era in reality is a darker time than Exile. Some Girls is like the payback for all the 'cool' times in the early 70s. Heroin wasn't funny by 1978. The album may have sold well that summer, but there was no followup European tour. Jagger was getting divorced. What a mess....................

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 8, 2011 06:44

I thought the EXILE documentary totally mediocre...the only thing good that came out of that footage was the Plundered My Soul video.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 8, 2011 06:49

Gazza
originalstones

Rob

Excellent news if true. Hopefully the unreleased concert film "Ladies & Gentlemen" from that tour will be part of the package (filmed in Fort Worth - only 6 songs or so of which has ever circulated)

I'm confused and probably uninformed. What is this film to which you refer? I thought Ladies and Gentlemen was the concert film that was recently released.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 8, 2011 15:02

The six songs from Ft. Worth have been circulating for years.

As a taste, here's a mediocre video transfer with the soundboard audio dubbed over; there are better-quality versions out there, however.

All Down The Line

Date: February 8, 2011 15:18

KeefintheNight82
Gazza
originalstones

Rob

I'm confused and probably uninformed. What is this film to which you refer? I thought Ladies and Gentlemen was the concert film that was recently released.

There are three concert films with the same or similar title.

The first was a TV special filmed at the Marquee in 1971 - only broadcast in continental Europe.

The second was a movie filmed in Fort Worth & Houston in 1972 and released in cinemas in 1974. Recently reissued.

There was also a concert movie filmed at Fort Worth in 1978. It remains unreleased, although video footage of the first six songs have circulated amongst collectors. An audio soundboard of the entire gig has been in circulation since the mid-90's.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 8, 2011 17:32

Rocky Dijon
"Fiji Jim" was allegedly re-cut in the early 90's at the same session as "So Young" so perhaps both of those will make the grade. It would be great to have official releases for material like "Do You Think I Care" or maybe even "Think I'm Going Mad"

Based on the production credit for So Young on the Out Of Tears EP the only thing that was done was it was mixed and mastered either for Some Girls back in 1978 or they found it for the remastering and added it to the stock. No other work was done to it. That is, if you go strictly by what that says on the back sleeve. Which always puzzled me.

Now WHY they did that is beyond me, they certainly had a plethora of other songs from the Voodoo sessions that were finished or close to being finished (You Got It Made). What would make them think, "You know, there's this one song from the More Fast Numbers Sessions that we could finish"...?

That would imply that something was going on at the time, perhaps what someone said in a thread recently that Virgin was planning on releasing leftovers and some just needed a bit of work...

Date: February 8, 2011 17:35

Mick said he re-did the vocals on So Young.

Date: February 8, 2011 18:36

Correct. 'So Young' and 'Fiji Jim' had new vocals added during the VL sessions.

'I Think I'm Goin' Mad' was first cut in Nassau early 1979 for 'Emotional Rescue'. Its not a 'Some Girls' outtake.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 8, 2011 20:18

I wish they'd release Fiji Jim. I've always wanted Misty Roads on CD too - that's a great song.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home