Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Chuck Berry Website
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 25, 2010 09:03

Carnaby
CBII
duke richardson
CB II, I always enjoy your posts. especially this last on, a possible book comes to mind. Hope you give it some thought, you probably have already. ( a bio on your Dad? combined with travel essys, observations?) man I'd sure buy it.

There's plenty of stories from over the years. I did write up a bunch of them just so I had something to look back at years from now. Putting them together? Never thought of that although it is a good thought.

There's an entire book in my head just about the rehearsals, concerts and misadventures during the Hail, Hail Rock n Roll project. To say the least, Keith Richards is a really funny (funny as in hilarious) person to interact with. Man, that's 25 years ago now!

You could, and hopefully do, write Volumes. Going into your IORR profile and clicking on Your Posts alone is enough for one right there. And that doesn't even scratch the surface. Re guitars, reading in different guitar forums online, it has been said that everyone used flatwounds in the 1950's. What kind of strings did your dad use in 1955? What does he use now?

Oh boy, trade secrets! (Tee-Hee) You are so right, they all seemed to use flatwound strings back then, dad included. The flatwounds seemed to unravel at the bridge more so than normal round wound strings (I have no idea why). Without question, there's a distinct difference in tone between the two types of strings but them coming apart in the middle of a show is unnerving. Now it really depends on what's on hand. It's been DR Brite Wires or Pure Blues for the past couple of years after a friend turned me on to them. I keep loads on hand at all times.

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: August 25, 2010 14:41

Great article on your Dad in Rolling Stone, CBII. Near the end I was glad to see that he's possibly still gonna release a book of sexcapades, and that he's told you about them so you won't be shocked! Oh the stories you must be able to tell.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:02

CBII
Carnaby
CBII

You could, and hopefully do, write Volumes. Going into your IORR profile and clicking on Your Posts alone is enough for one right there. And that doesn't even scratch the surface. Re guitars, reading in different guitar forums online, it has been said that everyone used flatwounds in the 1950's. What kind of strings did your dad use in 1955? What does he use now?

Oh boy, trade secrets! (Tee-Hee) You are so right, they all seemed to use flatwound strings back then, dad included. The flatwounds seemed to unravel at the bridge more so than normal round wound strings (I have no idea why). Without question, there's a distinct difference in tone between the two types of strings but them coming apart in the middle of a show is unnerving. Now it really depends on what's on hand. It's been DR Brite Wires or Pure Blues for the past couple of years after a friend turned me on to them. I keep loads on hand at all times.

Thank you CB. Did you ever meet Ira Harris?

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:12

Carnaby
CBII
Carnaby
CBII

Ira Harris? That one's not ringing a bell.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 25, 2010 17:27

CBII
Carnaby
CBII
Carnaby
CBII

Ira Harris? That one's not ringing a bell.

It has been reported online that Chuck Berry's early guitar teacher was a local jazz musician by the name of Ira Harris.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 25, 2010 21:46

CBII
bustedtrousers
CBII
duke richardson
CB II, I always enjoy your posts. especially this last on, a possible book comes to mind. Hope you give it some thought, you probably have already. ( a bio on your Dad? combined with travel essys, observations?) man I'd sure buy it.

There's plenty of stories from over the years. I did write up a bunch of them just so I had something to look back at years from now. Putting them together? Never thought of that although it is a good thought.

There's an entire book in my head just about the rehearsals, concerts and misadventures during the Hail, Hail Rock n Roll project. To say the least, Keith Richards is a really funny (funny as in hilarious) person to interact with. Man, that's 25 years ago now!

Were you around for much of that, are you in the film at all?

I was there for nearly the entire thing. There's some passing shots of me but no interview or stuff like that.

Right, I know your not interviewed or shown specifically, I just wondered if you were in any passing shots, especially in the rehearsals at the Berry Park nightclub.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home