Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones on this site ?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 23, 2011 15:39

Has anyone noticed anything that has led them to believe that any of the band use or have used this site...?

Re: Stones on this site ?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 23, 2011 15:52

I'm thinking that someone from the Stones' organization periodically checks the message boards, mostly for legal reasons.

I've heard that Mick is somewhat internet savvy, so I suppose he might lurk every once in a while when he gets bored & needs a good laugh. grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2011 16:02

I've got the impression Taylor+ follow this board every now and then.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 23, 2011 16:04

this is a good question for Mitchflorida

Date: January 23, 2011 16:33

bolexman
this is a good question for Mitchflorida
...Ah! please no.............We all know what happened the last time Mitchflorida placed a Stone (made of 'genuine marble-look material') on this site.....my rib cage can't take the stress of laughing that much again - I introduced non stones fans to IORR because of that thread..................ex

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 23, 2011 17:00

Edith Grove
I'm thinking that someone from the Stones' organization periodically checks the message boards, mostly for legal reasons.

I've heard that Mick is somewhat internet savvy, so I suppose he might lurk every once in a while when he gets bored & needs a good laugh. grinning smiley

I think thats exactly what happens and it would be more surprising if it didnt happen IMO, they are human remember that, i think some of them lurk here without a doubt what so ever

Date: January 23, 2011 17:20

melillo
Edith Grove

I think thats exactly what happens and it would be more surprising if it didnt happen IMO, they are human remember that, i think some of them lurk here without a doubt what so ever
All sounds pretty logical & sound to me too.......although I would mind betting ther's a fair bit of....eye rolling smiley too....esp. from Mick, I've heard him talking recently with disdain about so called 'Stones experts'.................

Date: January 23, 2011 17:24

its like the athlete that says i dont listen to or read what people say about me, uh oh yes you do

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: January 23, 2011 17:29

Personally I don't believe Mick would even spend five minutes looking at this board or any other rolling stones forum, for that matter - I always get the impression he finds talking about the band and the minutiae of it's history intensely boring...

Having said that, I could well believe he gets a lawyer to give it a once-over now and then!

Date: January 23, 2011 18:00

kingkirby
Personally I don't believe Mick would even spend five minutes looking at this board or any other rolling stones forum, for that matter - I always get the impression he finds talking about the band and the minutiae of it's history intensely boring...
I get that impression too but personally I don't think his attitude would be honed by just the negative aspect on things either, ie. the other thing you say >>> I could well believe he gets a lawyer to give it a once-over now and then <<<, I know from watching 'Being Mick' that he does his market research and probaly IMO would take a look at Stones boards to check out what's currently popular.....ie. If you check out the polls on Reno's Stones site you'll see why possibly there are so many warhorses played at shows..(And also Martin Elliott's book which also has polls albeit now 8 years old)..the warhorses are always top of the polls with Gimme shelter being voted the best Stones song ever (A few weeks ago at least)......If he ever did come on here I could imagine him as Edith Grove said being somewhat amused at some of the discussions but IMO maybe midly exasperated also................

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2011 18:24

Edith Grove

They do. I can vouch for that!

Date: January 23, 2011 18:37

Gazza
Edith Grove

If that's the case I take it then that all the boots over on Hotstuff are simply given a bye by the band...(Tacitly, on the understanding that official stuff is 'Verboten'...........

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 23, 2011 18:52

EddieByword
Has anyone noticed anything that has led them to believe that any of the band use or have used this site...?

Actually I didn't want to tell but ....I am Jagger's voice of conscience ....cool smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: January 23, 2011 19:03

SwayStones
EddieByword

Actually I didn't want to tell but ....I am Jagger's voice of conscience ....cool smiley
Oh....so that explains his collection of ....ahem...'ladies garments' on stage.....winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2011 19:04

EddieByword
Gazza
Edith Grove

If that's the case I take it then that all the boots over on Hotstuff are simply given a bye by the band...(Tacitly, on the understanding that official stuff is 'Verboten'...........

Its not illegal to fileshare or trade bootleg recordings. Selling them is a different matter.

Their lawyers tend to be more interested in things like copyright infringement (eg uploading officially released material, infringement of band logos etc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-23 19:05 by Gazza.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 23, 2011 19:42

Gazza
Edith Grove

whatever happened to my rock'n'roll?

Date: January 23, 2011 20:56

Gazza
EddieByword
Gazza
Edith Grove

Its not illegal to fileshare or trade bootleg recordings. Selling them is a different matter.

Their lawyers tend to be more interested in things like copyright infringement (eg uploading officially released material, infringement of band logos etc)
>>>>>Its not illegal to fileshare or trade bootleg recordings.....<<<<<< I didn't know that...amazing...

>>>>>>>>Their lawyers tend to be more interested in things like copyright infringement (eg uploading officially released material,...<<<<<<< ....
Yes I did figure that they would be more interested in catching uploaders of official stuff & counterfeiters of official stuff rather than even bootleggers who sell despite the illegality of it.. (For the simple reason that if the Stones are trying to sell Exile in HMV for instance and one is involved in either of these activites then 'you' really are treading on their toes then by taking a potential sale whereas that conflict doesn't occur if someone is trying to sell for example Cardiff 1990 because the Stones are not trying to sell a recording of that show themselves)....but as I say I didn't know it wasn't illegal to share stuff, I thought it was a 'blind eye' job as often happens at record fairs (not always I know) where people do sell shows and outtake albums. (I was told by a trading standards officer once that often the councils don't always have the resources to chase down bootleg sellers at record fairs when they're trying to deal with brazen counterfeitng on open-air markets etc...and not only CDS +Dvds of course)ie Bootleg selling is not a priority in the face of counterfeiting of bonafide goods.....hmmm...interesting that...thanks, Eddie

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-24 04:50 by EddieByword.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 23, 2011 21:22

If it isn't illegal to upload and trade bootlegs, is it illegal to make the recordings of live shows or not?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 23, 2011 21:28

I am actually Mick Jagger and read every thread instensely each day.

Date: January 23, 2011 21:30

georgeV
I am actually Mick Jagger and read every thread instensely each day.
When's the next album Mick...when's the tour start ???....Tell us !!!!!

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: January 23, 2011 21:40

I think their assistants come here. I can imagine Jane Rose reading the book-reviews-thread. I wonder if she tells Keith that many fans are very disappointed by this book and by him.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: January 23, 2011 22:15

You can rest assured, if they aren't directly monitoring their children or proxies are watching the site in stealth mode. Never responding or with member ID's. From my observation, this site is only second to the official Rolling Stones web site in regards to members / visitors.

It's an easy way to get a pulse of the fan base. Too bad they aren't making direct contributions, would make the site that more interesting.

CBII

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 23, 2011 23:12

elunsi
I think their assistants come here. I can imagine Jane Rose reading the book-reviews-thread. I wonder if she tells Keith that many fans are very disappointed by this book and by him.

How come I have the impression that that is something Mrs. Rose or other "his people" will not do, even if they lurk here. Namely, why to tell that when everything is formally/businesswise fine, the book is number one on the charts, Keith's name everywhere, etc.? Plus: there is nothing in Keith's behavior that would indicate that some kind of 'naysayers' even exist. I think Keith's 'good mood' is saved and secured by not being disturbed by such negative news. (And who wants to be the poor messanger to tell such bad news, and see the blade?) The way Keith attacked the AFTONBLADET guy during the last tour is a sign that he has not any clue what the hard core fans really think of their shows. And to know the latter would only need some surfing in IORR...

I remember Rick Rubin saying something about Jagger's problem being that he is surrounded by 'yes-men' who seemingly praise any crap Jagger comes up with. I take the same to be with Sir Keith as well - who I take to live even more in his Never Never Land than Sir Mick. Well, Mick supposedly likes surfing in the net, Keith as far as I have heard, surely not. But Mick, as we know, has a thick skin...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-23 23:19 by Doxa.

Date: January 23, 2011 23:26

Wasn´t Chuck checking this site some years ago - round the time they decided to try out Sway?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 23, 2011 23:31

CBII
You can rest assured, if they aren't directly monitoring their children or proxies are watching the site in stealth mode. Never responding or with member ID's. From my observation, this site is only second to the official Rolling Stones web site in regards to members / visitors.

cb - there's all of about 10 of us still posting on the old rs.com website

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 24, 2011 05:01

I think Chuck got upset about some things people were saying on Shidoobee so he must read these sites.

Date: January 24, 2011 05:20

DandelionPowderman
Wasn´t Chuck checking this site some years ago - round the time they decided to try out Sway?[/quote

yes and thats the reason we got sway btw

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 24, 2011 05:25

kingkirby

If you only knew eye popping smiley

Date: January 24, 2011 05:46

why would he not check it?

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: January 24, 2011 08:56

Mick - wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Keith says he doesn't use a computer.

Now that Ronnie says emails he might more often - and that good actually be a very good thing.

The lawyers - well of course they do.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home