Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Last Stones Concert..would you go?..I wouldnt.
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 14, 2010 11:16

If Mick was to announce the date and city The Stones are going to have their last concert in.. Would you go?..I wouldnt.Even if I was given a free ticket.I think I would find it to emotional standing there and watching The Stones knowing it was there last time together.And to see Mick..Keith..Charlie and Ronnie getting visibly upset at times throughtout the concert and especially after the final song.I wouldnt even buy or wear a T-shirt knowing it was from their last tour or watch the DVD for quite a while..until I come to terms with it all.

Re: Last Stones Concert..would you go?..I wouldnt.
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 14, 2010 11:30

Free tickets! Yeah sure, if you're a hot scantly clad young model you might get one.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 14, 2010 12:32

I would defenitly see it. It would be emotional yeah but then you know its going to be the most awsome show ever if they go for 200%, the last time.

I think it would be a great show they would put down alot of time with, the problem though is that they might find it so fun to make it so they come back with another tour a year later, haha!

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: August 14, 2010 12:39

I would go. I will always attend a Stones show, no matter what. But I really do not like the idea of a last show. I hope it will never come, because that music and that band just means so much to me. let them roll forever. thumbs up

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 14, 2010 18:19

colonial
If Mick was to announce the date and city The Stones are going to have their last concert in.. Would you go?..I wouldnt.Even if I was given a free ticket.I think I would find it to emotional standing there and watching The Stones knowing it was there last time together.And to see Mick..Keith..Charlie and Ronnie getting visibly upset at times throughtout the concert and especially after the final song.I wouldnt even buy or wear a T-shirt knowing it was from their last tour or watch the DVD for quite a while..until I come to terms with it all.

All of this sensitivity and emotionality seems highly uncharacteristic of the Stones and their fans. They will never announce a last tour or a last concert. Even if you do happen to attend what turns out to be their last concert, you won't know for sure that it's their last concert until several years later.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 14, 2010 18:23

Well, my plan is to go to the last gig next tour...if there is a tour

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: August 14, 2010 18:27

Like Jimmy Conners, the tennis great who retired quietly with no fanfare, the Stones will never announce a last tour. They will say nothing and then just do their own thing, whatever that might be. That is what I would do if I were they.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 14, 2010 19:06

you know how hard it would be to get a ticket if they announced it as the last show? you make it seem so easy, it would probably be some silly contest or vip only type of thing where the real hardcore fan would not be able to go anyway, micks ego would make it a celeb thing and the true fans would be f**ed again, can anyone say BEACON?

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: August 14, 2010 19:18

melillo
micks ego would make it a celeb thing and the true fans would be f**ed again, can anyone say BEACON?

BEACON.

It would be emotional, I'm sure, but also f*cking brilliant, cos you know they'll be awesome on the night.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 14, 2010 19:21

emotional for who? FAKE STONES FANS. what are you kidding me?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 14, 2010 20:16

I was at the O2 on August 26. Something tells me I might have been at the last one. And it was great, by the way.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 14, 2010 20:22

Definitely go.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: August 14, 2010 20:57

of course, that will be a historical moment!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 14, 2010 21:01

I'll go to the next tour. But the Stones will NEVER announce a "final tour".It ain't their style. They'll keep on playing until they 'slip away'.And I'll keep on going to see them until that time comes.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 14, 2010 21:07

Harm

Me too. That's been the plan for the last three tours. And still it goes on!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 14, 2010 21:11

i don't know. who's on bass?

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: August 14, 2010 21:18

flilflam
Like Jimmy Conners, the tennis great who retired quietly with no fanfare, the Stones will never announce a last tour. They will say nothing and then just do their own thing, whatever that might be. That is what I would do if I were they.

Connors not Conners

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 15, 2010 01:56

I'm sick just thinking of it.....

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: August 17, 2010 15:06

colonial

Colonial I've noticed you like to daydream about the Stones and "emotional showbiz moments" they might have. Just wondering, have you seen Gimme Shelter?

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 17, 2010 17:34

I was thinking about something.. NOT seeing stones on next tour would be stupid as @#$%&... would you say no to see a stones concert? Stones concerts are not just a concert, its a ritual, a memory for life, each concert is uniqe! I mean, I woulndt see Britney Spears if she played here, bbut if Stones would come and play a show and not go there would be the most stupid thing ever to do, execution for that stupidness. You get my point, I mean, if youve seen em the last tours and think its great, why wuoldnt another be great? I know it would be, theres to much talking about this stuff...but ill say it again, I feel sorry for you who dont want to see them live again, youre favourite band.. Even if they would suck doesnt mean that all earlier stuff theyve done would suck too...

Date: August 17, 2010 17:51

bolexman
colonial

Colonial I've noticed you like to daydream about the Stones and "emotional showbiz moments" they might have. Just wondering, have you seen Gimme Shelter?
bolexman..No..I havent seen Gimme Shelter yet ive been meaning to get it out on DVD for a while now..pretty good is it.Yea I day dream about The Stones every now and then.But if im going to a Stones concert it can all Day n' Night...smoking smiley

Date: August 17, 2010 18:30

colonial

Actually the last few days ive thought about it..and ive thought about it again.And ive changed my mind about going to the last Stones concert.Knowing The Stones were in Town and not go to the concert..NO..I just couldnt do it..I Know I would regret it...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 17, 2010 18:37

Harm

me too.cool smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 19, 2010 14:17

perhaps the last gig has been already done :-(
But I was there at the 02

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2010 14:49

With Perks and Taylor only.

Date: August 19, 2010 15:07

colonial
colonial

<Last Stones Concert..would you go?..I wouldnt would>eye rolling smiley
Actually the last few days ive thought about it..and ive thought about it again.And ive changed my mind about going to the last Stones concert.Knowing The Stones were in Town and not go to the concert..NO..I just couldnt do it..I Know I would regret it...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 19, 2010 15:14

Harm

That's it precisely ... and if in due course you discover that it had been the last Rolling Stones concert EVER, well then good for you. But I don't think for one moment you'd be aware of it being the last ever concert at the time, you'd only discover that some way down the road.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 19, 2010 15:56

I would go to the last show,I have only seen them 2 times,it would one hell of a party.I think we should be happy that they went out with a BIGGER BANG,and Rollimg Stones music will live on forever.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home