Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: The Prince Incident in 1981 - Any pictures or recording?
Date: May 2, 2016 04:38

I just don't know; not a blushing flower, but this thing about the girls...4,500! Is that something to brag about? I mean what was # 2237 like? I want to know. That picture - I can just hear what gross-out Telly Savalas is sexy-mumbling to that girl.
I had to delete a bunch more of what I wrote because this is not the place.

Sorry - I realize that I did not make it clear that this post was in response to the info re. the Carmine Appice book that was introduced a few posts back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-02 13:05 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 2, 2016 12:12

I'm sure it's unfair to mention racism. In Germany, we had something similar in 1982.
Peter Maffay was ...
(and still is; his Musical Director is Carl Carlton of Hermann Brood fame and a friend of Ronnie's, using Ronnie's Drummer Wayne Sheehy)
... very big then and the German promoter Fritz Rau had recommended him to Mick.
But Maffay's music then (due to Carlton he is a bit more rocking today) was what we call Schlager and no Rock'n'Roll. That's why he was booed and had things thrown at him. I saw him on both Cologne concerts and he changed the set for the second day, including playing Stones known Chuck Berry numbers, sung by his American guitarrists instead!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 15:15

HonkeyTonkFlash
This topic reminds me of a couple Stones openers that didn't go over well. In 1981 I saw Journey nearly get booed offstage in Philly after declaring themselves the Number one band in America. Maybe the most controversial opener was Kanye West at Giants Stadium in 2006. Though I didn't see any downright violent behavior, it was clear that most of the crowd certainly didn't care for him very much.
KANYE opened for the Stones?? How did I miss that?

Talk about an awkward combination. I actually think Kanye is very talented, which makes his loathsome public persona all the more tragic.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home