Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards on new Lee Perry Album
Posted by: wetland10 ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:17

Although I find Lee "Scratch" Perry to be quite odd, I just listened to a new tune on his album featuring Keith Richards. Take a listen, it has a nice groove.

Wayne

Re: Keith Richards on new Lee Perry Album
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:25

This track is not so great, but it seems they had a nice smoke.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:26

oh well, it's really weird, but if Keith's on it, it's gotta be good ;^)

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 11, 2010 17:43

Sounds almost like Root Boy Slim lol. Good groove though smoking smiley

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: August 11, 2010 18:00

Full Article
I like Phyllis Pollack, she seems to have been around. And this dude don't look bad for 74. Who said ganja is bad for you?

Perry is intensely modest, as he expresses gratitude to his upcoming album’s two special guests. He emphasizes, “I want to give thanks to Keith Richards, and George Clinton. To them both. They did not want money from me or anything like that (for playing on the album). I want to give special thanks to Keith Richards and to George Clinton. It was a gift, a present to me, playing free, these songs for me, singing for me.”

Perry says he wants to repay them for their generosity. “It will come back to them from me, Lee “Scratch” Perry, like a servant. They are like how people really should be. Great flavor with great savor. I have great love for them.”

“I want to work with both of them in the future on their records,” he adds. “They gave me their service free, and I’m going to give them my service in return to Keith and to George.”

I asked Lee if he wants contribute to one of their songs or albums. “That is coming in the future,” says Perry, who wants to offer some Upsetter stylings in return. “Sure. For Keith Richards to do what he wants with it, and I want for George Clinton to do what he wants to it. I will work with them as The Upsetter.”

In closing or interview, Perry implores of me, “Remember to send a special thanks to George Clinton, personal thanks to Keith Richards, and I am hoping to do also a reggae funk album with George Clinton, and a reggae rock album with Keith Richards in return of the acceptance.” He then laughs, as if seeing an angel nearby.

Posted by: wetland10 ()
Date: August 11, 2010 18:11

From what I read Keith Richards, and George Clinton, recorded separate from Lee Perry at different times.

Wayne

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 11, 2010 21:26

Keith was also on one of the three albums he released last year - Scratch Came, Scratch Saw, Scratch Conquered.

Thanks for posting this Wetland. It's not one of LSP's best tracks, that's for sure. Repentance (with Andrew WK) was a cracking album. Although you'd probably hate it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-11 21:27 by Nikolai.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home