Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

JAGGER talks of his lack of control at Altamont + THE EXILE DVD/extra songs, Beatles, and Drugs at the Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: August 11, 2010 09:17

Hi Y'all, nice to be on the board. Even If you don't know French (I hardly do) you still get what the Jag is saying (plus he goes into English a few times) so it's basically a stress free interview

MICK INTERVIEW (IN FRENCH and ENGLISH) about ALTAMONT AND CROWD CONTROL, 1971 Paris

MICK interviewed in French by FRANCE 2 TV by Satellite from Cannes, May, 2010

MICK INTERVEWED (in ENGLISH) on NOVA about the "Stones in Exile" DVD/Tax Exile Time Period. Talks about working with Mick Taylor again for this project (expanded EXILE). Could this mean "tour reunion"? Cross your fingers, knock on wood, pray, whatever it takes..... (in English - 2010)

MICK (with Exile DVD creators/gang) interviewed from the stage at the 2010 CANNES Film Festival (South of France of course) - in ENGLISH - good stuff!!! - a lot of Beatles Vs Stones talk + Jake the 8 year old drug smuggler....Note to Mick, EXILE came out in 1972, APOCALYPSE NOW (The Film) came out in 1979 - close enough I suppose)

SHERYL CROW talks greater than GREAT about the STONES. She's wonderful (new CD is also very nice). so loyal, didn't forget who was there to help her in her early days

Too Finish off - The Best Unreleased FINISHED '70's Stones song IMHO (kept off of GHS due to either Silver Train or Heartbreaker I suppose..... but WHY?!?!)
CRISS CROSS MIND

SORRY IF ANY OF THIS IS A REPEAT - Please leave valid comments, thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-11 23:45 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: JAGGER talks of his lack of control at Altamont, Paris '71 + a Million ??'s about THE EXILE DVD at 2010 Cannes Film Festival
Date: August 11, 2010 15:45

Come on my peeps, how about just 1 little comment (this was a lot of research and work - HAVE SOME MERCY POR FAVOR !!) What do you think? Mick handled it all very well I think, NO?

Re: JAGGER talks of his lack of control at Altamont, Paris '71 + a Million ??'s about THE EXILE DVD at 2010 Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: August 11, 2010 15:51

Re: JAGGER talks of his lack of control at Altamont + THE EXILE DVD/extra songs, Beatles, and Drugs at the Cannes Film Festival
Date: August 11, 2010 23:46

Re: JAGGER talks of his lack of control at Altamont + THE EXILE DVD/extra songs, Beatles, and Drugs at the Cannes Film Festival
Posted by: DD ()
Date: August 12, 2010 01:46

That 2010 interview in French is very enjoyable (and not too difficult to understand with a moderate knowledge of French; great thing about listening to an Englishman speak it!).

I'd never heard Criss-Cross Mind before. It's fairly generic and could do with a few more ideas (as you say, it's unfinished), but here and there it features those unmistakeable early 70s Stones elements (momentum, swing, groove and riffing combined) which are totally exhilarating. Marvellous.

Thanking you, CrissCrossMind.

Declan

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 12, 2010 02:17

this is a very Helter-ific post...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 12, 2010 02:57

mick just loves those platform sneakers huh

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 12, 2010 12:53

I know these interview almost by heart -lol- but it's always nice to remind them .smiling smiley
So Mr CrissCrossMind ,as you can see ,I understand perfectly French winking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 12, 2010 15:53

SwayStones
So Mr CrissCrossMind ,as you can see ,I understand perfectly French winking smiley

Do you really, SwayStones?
But how about your Dutch? Almost everybody (even Mick) understands French when they don't talk too fast and walk too slow.

Do you know that a part of your compatriots in the North have Dutch (Flemish) as their mother tongue?

Date: August 12, 2010 17:11

kleermaker, that's pretty interesting, I knew that about Belgium (the Flemish/French language split) but I do believe SwayStone is from France so does this also apply to North East France as well? That's pretty interesting info, I like to learn about these kind of things since my school wasn't so hot on world wide details like this. I've Learned more since I left school..... Let me know if possible, thanks, CCM

PS. Yes SwayStone, I bet you know your French perfectly. You know, I love that cheese the French have called Brie, really, really fantastic stuff (I especially like "baby Brie" ) EXCELLENT - it's just pure magic melting in your mouth - tres bien !!! smiling smiley

Date: August 12, 2010 18:16

kleermaker
Do you really, SwayStones?
But how about your Dutch? Almost everybody (even Mick) understands French when they don't talk too fast and walk too slow.

Do you know that a part of your compatriots in the North have Dutch (Flemish) as their mother tongue?

Ah ! Stop teasing me !
ArrĂȘte de me taquiner .smiling smiley

My Dutch is standstill :-)))))))))))
All I can say -without a translator -is "Ik ben Annie-Laure " or "Ik hou van je "
It's not a lot grinning smiley

Are you talking about the "Flandres françaises" "Westhoek"-??

Flemish is,as far as I know, a dialect of the provinces Flanders in Belgium.
Flemish" does not refer to a "unified language" doesn't it ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 12, 2010 18:23

cc
this is a very Helter-ific post...

Beau "jeu de mot" .....comme je les aime ....
Nice "word play" . Liked it .

Date: August 12, 2010 18:37

CrissCrossMind

PS. Yes SwayStone, I bet you know your French perfectly. You know, I love that cheese the French have called Brie, really, really fantastic stuff (I especially like "baby Brie" ) EXCELLENT - it's just pure magic melting in your mouth - tres bien !!! smiling smiley

Not only I know my "French perfectly " but I am very good at it .
But when I am bad,I'm better .smoking smiley

Actually -AND NOW AMSTERDAMNED IS GOING TO SAY I AM A MASTER IN GOING OFF TOPIC -Hey,Amsterdamned,how are you doing ?winking smiley

I am not THAT much on what you call French food (Red wine ,I don't like ,apart of the bottle Carlitosbaez gave me .)
I don't like "Saucisson "
I love French bread
Do you like " Brie aged bloomy quality"?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: August 12, 2010 19:57

"Brie aged bloomy quality?" Je ne sais pas but you know, almost all French cheese is really good so I probably would. Awww, French food is Fantastic !! Oui, oui, the French bread, baguette - tres SUPER !!! Then there's "Steak Bearnaise", can't be beat...... list just goes on and on....

Date: August 13, 2010 15:43

Oh wow, I forgot to mention the crepe stands - sweet (cocoa and coco with sliced banana's) or serious one jambon and chesse for lunch they are alway very taste and fresh.the 2 - serious and sweet - go together very well since its all Paradise food anyway...... in the land of Paradise.....

Date: August 13, 2010 15:52

Hey CCM,check your mail -box please -answer needed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-13 15:59 by SwayStones.

Date: August 13, 2010 16:06

CrissCrossMind
Oh wow, I forgot to mention the crepe stands - sweet (cocoa and coco with sliced banana's) or serious one jambon and chesse for lunch they are alway very taste and fresh.the 2 - serious and sweet - go together very well since its all Paradise food anyway...... in the land of Paradise.....

Now you make me hungry :-)))
No jambon for me but an egg & mushrooms & spinach plus cheese ....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Should I open a thread on the French cuisine ? -JUST KIDDING !

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 24, 2010 19:41

CrissCrossMind
Come on my peeps, how about just 1 little comment (this was a lot of research and work - HAVE SOME MERCY POR FAVOR !!) What do you think? Mick handled it all very well I think, NO?

as a service to this board:
'new' character is micksbrain, helterskelter, 69boogie, stonesseventytwo, crisscrossmind many others. a dozen at least. often in conversation with selve(s)... beware personal contact !!! with such names, especially when agressively solicitious. sick? wiki defines internet stalker and troll with alarming specificity.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: August 24, 2010 23:31

Did anyone notice Jagger's comment that he might want to perform " Exile on Main Street" with the extra songs...

And who would he need in the band to make that happen??? MICK TAYLOR!!!!!!!!

come on MJ - MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLC

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 3, 2010 08:06

hi, tonight I just came across the first video that CCM posted. Glad I searched for it before re-posting.

[CCM you were unhappy about the low response to this thread - perhaps b/c too many videos, too many potential themes and topics - overwhelming?]

Anyway I hadn't seen that first video until stumbling on it on youtube tonight.

I love the part when Mick is talking about John Lennon's album. He says he doesn't like Working Class Hero, and thinks it's the weakest song on the album, and dislikes that John is saying that you should think like him ("If you want to be a hero, then just follow me" - I've never liked that part of the song either).

Also love that Mick sings a little bit of "Mother," in sort of a John tone. And that he almost sings "Love." Interesting Mick says that he and John aren't close. I guess John had made his "fag dancing" comments at that point? smiling smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 4, 2010 19:25

shame I don't understand French

Date: September 4, 2010 19:43

proudmary
shame I don't understand French

Oui,tu ne sais pas ce que tu manques ....Yeah,don't know what you are missing ....
If you don't mind ,check my earlier posts ...INA etc you might find the translaion I gave.smiling smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 4, 2010 20:02

Ilook very carefully - still can't find the translaion you gave, SwayStones
I'm hopeless wreck

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 4, 2010 23:29

Taylor talks about Altamont:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home