Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Child Of The Moon (rmk)
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 22, 2008 05:27

Anyone know what the f u c k 'rmk' means? I've never read anything anywhere about it ever.

Re: Child Of The Moon (rmk)
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:13

It's been asked many times before, but no one seems to really know.

Date: January 22, 2008 08:43

Remake

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 22, 2008 09:54

i belive it means remake as well

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2008 10:16

rmk....rock man kills

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: January 22, 2008 15:58

rmk = ritten by mick and keith

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 22, 2008 16:01

rise, my king

In fact it is not too difficult to figure what it means as the song is from the Satanic Majesties era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-22 16:15 by retired_dog.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 22, 2008 16:13

ride-my-ko--no,wait thats not it!!

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: January 22, 2008 16:18

Ronnie, Mick n Keef!!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 22, 2008 17:27

Didn't it have something to do With Klein's Son involment with this box and song?

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: January 22, 2008 17:28

Not this thread again! If every song they "remade" before releasing had "rmk" after the title there would be hundreds of songs with the initials in the title. I was told by a person who worked on the "25 X 5" project that the reason the initials are there is because Allen Klein's daughter Robin (RMK) was born under the astrological sign of Cancer - or a "child of the moon" around the time of the song's release. Her father had her intials put on the 45 rpm record (it was the b-side of "Jumping Jack Flash" single and released in May, 1968 - even though Brian Jones thought it should be the A-side) as some sort of strange tribute to her...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 22, 2008 17:33

Thanks Sodlumt, I think that was it.

Date: January 22, 2008 18:37

Not this thread again? Never saw the first one. Don't worry, I won't deny your f u c k i n' name whinin' boy. That is the most - if it's correct - information I've ever read about it. I've never read - ANYWHERE - anyone ever asking about it. Not this thread again - goddamn you make it sound like you lost a leg in Iraq.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 22, 2008 18:42

Spodlumt
Not this thread again! If every song they "remade" before releasing had "rmk" after the title there would be hundreds of songs with the initials in the title. I was told by a person who worked on the "25 X 5" project that the reason the initials are there is because Allen Klein's daughter Robin (RMK) was born under the astrological sign of Cancer - or a "child of the moon" around the time of the song's release. Her father had her intials put on the 45 rpm record (it was the b-side of "Jumping Jack Flash" single and released in May, 1968 - even though Brian Jones thought it should be the A-side) as some sort of strange tribute to her...

Why is it whenever someone new asks a question some clever ??????? always says"Not this Thread again" is is really that bad to ask a question that has been disscussed long ago?

Date: January 22, 2008 18:59

Thank you. Yeah, screw me for asking a question. Would you like to King Size that? Oh, so sorry to ask. For all I know they might try to tell me that it was Sympathy being played when Hunter was killed.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 22, 2008 19:07

Spodlumt

Good one. But I heard that this story came up at a time when the Stones' did not want to be reminded of their flirtation with Satanism anymore. Anyway, what do we know?

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: January 22, 2008 19:20

Lighten' up ladies....if I was really so annoyed with the return of this thread I would not have answered it again...it's not always about putting other people down - it was just an acknowledgement that it has been previously discussed! Okay?

Can we all just get along?(RMK)

(RMK) Rodney King....get it?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 22, 2008 20:28

Was this mysterious RMK present on the original single b side?

It ain't on mine.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 22, 2008 20:42

Is it even on the original 70s issue of "More Hot Rocks". I bought it new and then got ripped off and when I replaced it in the 90s i noticed it and couldnt remember seeing it on the original. Anyone know?

Date: January 22, 2008 21:00

It was on More Hot Rocks with the rmk on it, at least the version I had. I think. I have the original CD release somewhere...someday I'll find it. I think it says it on the liner note but not on the actual record.

Ah, you see, I don't and haven't read every thread or post on here. It's taken me MONTHS to be able to post on here (thank you stupid hotmail) so, like I saw someone earlier say they're not going to spend 3 days looking up an old thread if they have a question. Had I known it was previously on here I would have searched.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 22, 2008 21:42

rhesus monkey kidney

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 22, 2008 21:46

Much extra time today, schillid ;O)?

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: January 22, 2008 21:51

rub my kuhluha????

Posted by: Christian ()
Date: January 22, 2008 22:19

no rmk on the originals lp (more hot rocks & no stone unturned)
no rmk on the original more hot rocks cd
rmk appears on the single collection cd (box with three cd)
On the back of the box, you can read:
collection produced by andrew oldham/digitally compiled and prepared under his supervision by p.d. rain & jody Klein.
So why not Rain, Miller (producer) & Klein.
Everything is possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-22 22:47 by Christian.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 22, 2008 22:46

His Majesty
Was this mysterious RMK present on the original single b side?

It ain't on mine.

Not on mine either.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 22, 2008 22:51

Baboon Bro
Much extra time today, schillid ;O)?

¿same here?
smiling smiley

Date: January 23, 2008 00:36

It's on something that I have.

London Years.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 23, 2008 02:34

rmk = raped musically by klein

Date: January 23, 2008 02:41

There's nothing on Google about it. I thought Google had everything.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 23, 2008 03:56

rmk was on my More Hot Rocks which I got when it was released in 12/72. I always wondered what it meant, remake being the obvious explanation, but it's the same version, I think, from my long ago comparison

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home