Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Princes Trust Rock Gala thingy at the RAH 17th November 2010
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 16, 2010 19:55

Anyone else going to this ?

[www.royalalberthall.com]

See the legends of rock perform alongside some of today's rising stars at the music event of the decade, all in aid of The Prince's Trust.

Tom Chaplin
Eric Clapton
Phil Collins
Jamie Cullum
Paloma Faith
Jools Holland
Tom Jones
Mark King
Brian May
Mike & the Mechanics
Alison Moyet
Paolo Nutini
Status Quo
Roger Taylor
Midge Ure

The evening will be hosted by the best in comedy, multi-award winning actor and comedian Rob Brydon and Barry Humphries as his hilarious alter ego Dame Edna Everage.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: OT: Princes Trust Rock Gala thingy at the RAH 17th November 2010
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 17, 2010 00:57

They expect people to pay to see that?

There isn't an act on the bill I would pay to see. (Though I did see Paolo Nutini as an opener for Elvis Costello once at a festival...I was not there for him!)

People that are either washed up, should be washed up, or in the case of Clapton, just plain boring.

Maybe The Stones will play next year!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 17, 2010 06:38

Awful line up...

I really wouldn't want to see anyone on that list, apart from Clapton.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 17, 2010 07:46

Mike & The Mechanics? That's SO mid-nineties.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2010 09:24

buffalo7478
They expect people to pay to see that?

There isn't an act on the bill I would pay to see. (Though I did see Paolo Nutini as an opener for Elvis Costello once at a festival...I was not there for him!)

People that are either washed up, should be washed up, or in the case of Clapton, just plain boring.

Maybe The Stones will play next year!

Er yes, it's not a cheap night out, I'd fully agree. I actually bought the ticket for the other half, but she can't make it, so I'm going instead. I'm quite looking forward to it though, got a lot of time for Tom Jones, the Quo, Paolo Nutini, and as for the other acts, I can take 'em or leave 'em in varying degrees. I'll be interested to see Clapton, albeit for the 10-15 minutes that he'll have ... can't take much more of him these days. Mark King might be my cue for a toilet break, could never stand Level 42. We'll see. But I agree about the price, staggering.

BTW, seen the prices for Clapton at the RAH next year ?? This industry has gone bloody insane !! Try £240 for a decent seat and an open bar for ONE HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES ... big f***ing deal !!

[www.royalalberthall.com]

Mind you, after Bon Jovi VIP package prices, I don't know why I find this surprising. They were even more insane ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 17, 2010 09:28

Rob Brydon is one of my fave comedians and Alison Moyet one of my fave female singers.Most of those acts will appeal to a lot of music fans but not that many who love The Stones,The Who etc. I guess you could call it a very ''middle of the road'' list of performers.I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy the evenings entertainment for a very worthy cause.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 17, 2010 10:20

not for me, thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home