Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
There'll be a new studio album?!?
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 1, 2010 16:00

There are many news about a new tour in 2011/12, but no news about a new studio album...I think that they'll can make a very good album with a diverse attitude and a diverse producer(Rick Rubin or Jack White...)What do you think about this question, there'll be a new studio album in 2011?!?

Re: There'll be a new studio album?!?
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 1, 2010 16:02

Keith said they were going to talk about a new studio album

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 1, 2010 16:05

Yeah of course... like the seasons it is inevitable.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 1, 2010 18:42

marchbaby
Keith said they were going to talk about a new studio album

he also said talk is cheap

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 1, 2010 18:44

whitem8
Yeah of course... like the seasons it is inevitable.

As inevitable as it was in 2002? grinning smiley

Date: August 1, 2010 19:54

Fifty licks with one studio album in almost ten years?!?

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: August 1, 2010 20:17

Is it evenpossible there will be a 50 Licks type of compilation with a few new songs?

That would suck.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: August 1, 2010 20:51

The music business has changed a lot. At one time, a group would go on tour just to sell their new record album. Now a group simply records an album in order to go on tour and make some real money. I would put the Stones in the latter category. Is the new album going to be a "game-changer"? Let's hope so, but I would doubt it . . I need to see new people in the recording studio with Mick and Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-01 21:00 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 1, 2010 21:23

What they should do in my opinion

[*] Put their egos aside (especially Mick)
    [*] Get Jack White as a producer
    [*] Use Social Media, Torrents, Blogs, Forums and give away some goodies for free
    [*] These goodies could include early takes, video snippets, etc.
    [*] Offer the CD for free with a magazine or via PirateBay or via RS.com and you can donate as much as you think is OK via paypal
    [*] Offer a premium CD with extensive high quality booklet, guitar pics, etc. for a good price
    [*] Make the tracks freely available for remixes and have competition for the best remix
    [*] --> show that you are not just some greedy old bastards, but get real and save your legacy and your image

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-01 21:24 by Lorenz.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: August 1, 2010 21:37

Maybe they are working on it now. They don't always tell people what they are doing.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 1, 2010 22:29

Hopefully not.

That is, unless they are able and willing to do something challenging (for them and for us). My fear is that those days are over.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 2, 2010 14:06

I sure do hope that there will be a new studio album. Let's hope that they'll record it on a real console in a really good sounding professional studio and really work on the songs until they sound the best they can - unlike the demo-ish ABB album.

Listening to B2B and Wingless Angels, I think Rob Fraboni would be the best guy to produce a great new Stones album.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 2, 2010 14:12

"Hopefully not."

That reaction baffles me. You wouldn't accept a new album unless its 'challenging'?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 2, 2010 15:18

The Stones don't need a new album to tour on. They could just tour without anything new at all. After all, the set list will just reflect that anyway...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: August 2, 2010 15:48

Current negotiations are for an album and following tour! It's what I learned THAT deal as touring is risky business at the moment so they want to tour on the back of an album and it gives them some extra time for the economy to strenghten! So negotitaions are for a new album Fall 2011 and tour to follow for Fall 2011/2012!

Date: August 2, 2010 16:30

Great!The Band hasn't never touring without new stuff except in 2002...It should be like a "Vegas-Vegas Tour", a band still in activity that is not able to make new stuff...It should be a shame to Mick!I want a new album with a new producer!!!

Date: August 2, 2010 18:25

ablett
"Hopefully not."

That reaction baffles me. You wouldn't accept a new album unless its 'challenging'?

Yes, another album of uninspired retreads would not be exciting to me. Why is this baffling? Same as another stadium tour with declining musicianship.

Date: August 2, 2010 18:29

"Same as another stadium tour with declining musicianship."

There all nearly touching 70 for christ sake. What do you expect???

It's not like they've behaved like good Catholic boys for nearly 50 years eh???

Date: August 2, 2010 18:38

I expect a decent rock'n'roll album with a "back to the roots" attitude with some blues inserts...Not a masterpiece, only an old, good and solid Rock'n'blues album of new stuff!!

Date: August 2, 2010 18:56

ablett
"Same as another stadium tour with declining musicianship."

There all nearly touching 70 for christ sake. What do you expect???

It's not like they've behaved like good Catholic boys for nearly 50 years eh???

I don't see what "behaving" has to do with decent quality standard of a recording or musicianship. two different things and I am "baffled" as to why you would confuse them.

Date: August 2, 2010 19:02

"behaving"? forty years of various addictions et all take there toll eventually.

I just don't think you should expect that much after all this time and simply enjoy what you get.

A good example is the critism of EOMS....

What more do people expect at this late stage in their career??

Its either that or you get Pink Floyd..,.. ie: nothing!

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 2, 2010 19:03

susannewortmann
Current negotiations are for an album and following tour! It's what I learned THAT deal as touring is risky business at the moment so they want to tour on the back of an album and it gives them some extra time for the economy to strenghten! So negotitaions are for a new album Fall 2011 and tour to follow for Fall 2011/2012!

How do you have this info?

Posted by: saulsurvivor ()
Date: August 2, 2010 19:44

I expect some "fans' will always pine for something ridiculous like a "pure" blues/Rock and Roll release. These people are spoiled morons who can't appreciate the band for what it has been for decades. They are unable to enjoy anything that isn't exactly as they say it should be.

Which is sad for them. I mean, what exactly are the odds that Jagger is dying to write and record an album of pure blues? I'd say closer to zero than ten percent. And, for good reason; ABB was a damn good album.

Are people who question and rip on the Stones each and every move even fans? What kind of messed up people think they're opinions should be listened to by Jagger/Richards/Watts/Wood? You people are delusional. This incredible band owes you less than nothing.

Pathetic whiners, one and all.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 2, 2010 19:48

71Tele
I don't see what "behaving" has to do with decent quality standard of a recording or musicianship. two different things and I am "baffled" as to why you would confuse them.

the answer is that ablett's hobby is whining about whining. It's all he ever posts about.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 2, 2010 19:56

saulsurvivor
I expect some "fans' will always pine for something ridiculous like a "pure" blues/Rock and Roll release. These people are spoiled morons who can't appreciate the band for what it has been for decades. They are unable to enjoy anything that isn't exactly as they say it should be.

Which is sad for them. I mean, what exactly are the odds that Jagger is dying to write and record an album of pure blues? I'd say closer to zero than ten percent. And, for good reason; ABB was a damn good album.

Are people who question and rip on the Stones each and every move even fans? What kind of messed up people think they're opinions should be listened to by Jagger/Richards/Watts/Wood? You people are delusional. This incredible band owes you less than nothing.

Pathetic whiners, one and all.

that's saul you have to say about us?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 2, 2010 21:00

susannewortmann

So, a band who already have a record contract are 'negotiating' to make an album? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 2, 2010 22:49

Perhaps they're negotiating with one another. You have to admit it does seem sadly akin to Middle East peace talks to enable the band to actually work together these days short of walking a red carpet at a premiere or sitting down for interviews.

Posted by: RiverStone ()
Date: August 2, 2010 23:12

tipps
Maybe they are working on it now. They don't always tell people what they are doing.
Right ¡¡ In fact, they never say what are they on...

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 2, 2010 23:20

susannewortmann

As i have written in another thread, a new album is in the contract, and also in the main Universal budget. However, what this new album will contain i s another matter.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-02 23:22 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 3, 2010 00:12

If The Stones, do indeed, insist on farting out one last CD of newly recorded material I strongly suggest they mix in an ample amount of "cover" tunes and songs written by others as their song-writing mojo has, obviously, left them a LONG time ago.

( Oh yeah, and Keith told me the other day it will be better than Exile On Main Street. )

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home