Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DIME USERS How Do I Download From DIME ?
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 1, 2010 03:31

Just signed to Dime, and want to download some music, How do I grab the music from the torrent posts to my hard drive? any help appreciated.

Tonstone

Re: DIME USERS How Do I Download From DIME ?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 1, 2010 03:45

download uTorrent: [www.utorrent.com]
just download little .torrent files and open them with uTorrent, click okay, wait and listen. smiling smiley

there are much more detailed posts, search for bittorrent guide.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: August 1, 2010 06:36

After you download the torrent file into Utorrent and it is 100% complete, you can download media monkey to convert the flac file into a wav file for burning onto a cd

[www.mediamonkey.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-01 06:39 by marchbaby.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 1, 2010 08:56

Yes utorrent is the way to go. I use Nero for burning flac or shn to cd.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 1, 2010 12:01

"After you download the torrent file into Utorrent and it is 100% complete, you can download media monkey to convert the flac file into a wav file for burning onto a cd"

But please leave the files where they are until you have seeded back to other Dime members (can take hours days or weeks)

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 2, 2010 03:22

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: August 2, 2010 12:41

Dime Sucks!

Date: August 2, 2010 13:01

well, they are too strict sometimes, but they are doing great job for free, so why is that, Susan?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 2, 2010 16:19

I gave up on Dime and other torrent sites after finding that I could DL a load of great stuff much, much quicker and easier off other non-torrent sites on the internet that use Rapidshare, Mediafire or any of the zip file methods.

I was always worried that by staying online and re-seeding that I could get caught. If you stay online too long it must be obvious to internet service providers what you're up to.

Date: August 2, 2010 16:21

it's legal...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 2, 2010 16:28

"other non-torrent sites on the internet that use Rapidshare, Mediafire"

Yeah but in this case you become once again a cog in the big capitalist machine. You feed RS MF or MU that feed on ads pop-ups and sh!t, and "naked ladies dying to meet you". smoking smiley
Dime like others is based on a no money involved trade (you can make donations though).

"I gave up on Dime and other torrent sites after finding that I could DL a load of great stuff much, much quicker and easier off other non-torrent sites"
And I doubt the old-timers (= tapers of 60-70's shows) will ever digitalize their tapes then post them as RS links. So you get your music from ppl who get it from torrent sites mainly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-02 16:30 by dcba.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 2, 2010 18:15

dcba
"other non-torrent sites on the internet that use Rapidshare, Mediafire"

Yeah but in this case you become once again a cog in the big capitalist machine. You feed RS MF or MU that feed on ads pop-ups and sh!t, and "naked ladies dying to meet you". smoking smiley
Dime like others is based on a no money involved trade (you can make donations though).

"I gave up on Dime and other torrent sites after finding that I could DL a load of great stuff much, much quicker and easier off other non-torrent sites"
And I doubt the old-timers (= tapers of 60-70's shows) will ever digitalize their tapes then post them as RS links. So you get your music from ppl who get it from torrent sites mainly.

Hey, everytime I see a Stones show or buy one of their albums I become a cog in the big capitalist machine so nothing new there! I'm not worried about the ethics of where the recordings come from or who puts them up on the net first as long as I can access them.
And BTW - I'm one of those old time tapers of 70s shows who hasn't got round to digitalizing all my shows. You may know one of them though which was the Wembley 73 1st show on Sept 8 which has made the rounds now. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home