Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is there a book about the TOTA '75 tour?
Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: October 9, 2010 06:54

just wondering.

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Re: Is there a book about the TOTA '75 tour?
Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: October 9, 2010 07:22

Yes. There are two. One is a big, green paperback with photos by Annie Leibovitz and Christopher Simon-Sykes. Then Genesis Publications printed their own TOTA '75 book a few years ago. I think it's really expensive, like most of their books. Not sure if any are still available, but you could always check their site.

I lucked out and got the paperback book for $5.00 on ebay from Canada. The photos are amazing!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 9, 2010 07:22

Yes, a great book of photos by Annie Leibovitz and text by Terry Southern. I believe it's difficult to find a copy that's not in need of rebinding though, and I think it was never released in hardback (I may be wrong about that).

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 9, 2010 07:27

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 9, 2010 07:52

Love the book above!!!!

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: October 9, 2010 07:53

Glam Descendant
Yes, a great book of photos by Annie Leibovitz and text by Terry Southern. I believe it's difficult to find a copy that's not in need of rebinding though, and I think it was never released in hardback (I may be wrong about that).

Indeed. Mine fell apart as soon as I opened it to scan a picture. I don't care though.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 9, 2010 12:15

gypsy18
Glam Descendant

Indeed. Mine fell apart as soon as I opened it to scan a picture. I don't care though.

Are you sure it was never released on hard back ? I might be mistaken but when I bought mine,I was disappointed to see the only ones availables had a soft back .

I never scan this one :-))
I try to be careful when I open it in order to make some pictures

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 9, 2010 14:59

georgeV
Love the book above!!!!

Me too. In fact I was thinking I must hunt it down until I saw the cover and realised I have it somewhere!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 9, 2010 15:18

Some great photos in that book...especially Keith in his 'Who the @#$%& is Mick Jagger' t-shirt...my copy is no more than loose pages these days...at least everybody elses fell apart, i thought i had a dud one!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 9, 2010 15:21

There's been a softcover version on sale here for months if anyone's interested: £50 seems a lot, but it's for a good cause....

[www.oxfam.org.uk]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 9, 2010 18:24

Since that was my first Stones tour, part of me really likes the book.

Every time I look at it however, it just seems a little lean in the amount of pictures of the band onstage.

There's all these great build up pics of backstage stuff, the stage being built, the crowds, the elephant..

Bu when you finally get to the point of the whole tour which is the Stones in performance, it doesn't really have that many photos. This book could use at least three many times as shots as it has of the group on stage.

That said, I've got an extra copy still in the original shrink wrap, that I'll probably put on ebay one of these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-09 20:13 by loog droog.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: October 9, 2010 21:49

75 !!! hey don't forgot mine, TOTA75, a press-book, a home made . a compilation of magazinne and daily paperrs reporting every shows of the 75. a few one got it on this forum

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 9, 2010 22:11

>> it just seems a little lean in the amount of pictures of the band onstage <<

the Sykes/Leibowitz book is mainly comprised of the photographic equivalent of outtakes -
shots they didn't sell to the press - and like all collections of outtakes, it's got plenty of charms and shortcomings

and yeah, let's not forget the good jeanmarie's fine books!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-09 22:12 by with sssoul.

Date: October 9, 2010 23:03

The copy I have is falling apart but aside from the pages falling out it's still in really good shape.

Those types of releases probably weren't given much thought back when they were made as far as how long they'd last, the value that they'd have yet alone interest for fans and collectors way far in the future.

Which for a book of this kind it's quite far into the future now.

Who cares if it's outtakes! It gives one a great idea, just as some of the other books that would come out later, of what they were doing. The picture of Keith on the phone is hilarious! And the one of Ronnie making that freak out face...

It's interesting that for what turned out to be such a turd shining tour overall there was such huge interest in the band.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 9, 2010 23:29

... never mind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-09 23:32 by with sssoul.

Date: October 9, 2010 23:35

Never mind what.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 10, 2010 00:27

...the bollocks?

Date: October 10, 2010 01:23

110 pages press clipping relating the TOTA75

Date: October 10, 2010 01:24

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 10, 2010 01:28

The 75 Tour Sucked thread had quite a few shots from the Simon Sykes Genesis book

[www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 10, 2010 05:31

Yeah the Genesis book is beautiful...

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: October 10, 2010 06:02

jeanmarie
110 pages press clipping relating the TOTA75

OMG Jet magazine!!!!

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 10, 2010 14:06

Green Lady
There's been a softcover version on sale here for months if anyone's interested: £50 seems a lot, but it's for a good cause....

[www.oxfam.org.uk]

Blimey! Mine only cost £2.45.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home