Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen, Release Date: October 19, 2010
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: August 25, 2010 00:27

stonesseventytwo
torn and Frayed. Thanks. What is in the deluxe edition ? Any details would be appreciated. Assume they will be selling this in the US as well?

I found this on another German site. I wonder whether the 3 discs are blu-ray, dvd and bonus disc.

Rolling Stones Rolling Stones Ladies & Gentlemen (Deluxe Edition) incl 3DVDs, scarves, posters 3 DVDs 3 DVDs Release Date: 10/29/2010The legendary concert film "Ladies & Gentlemen ... The Rolling Stones" was based on the original film reels and the multi-track audio masters fully restored and remastered and is now published for the first time in fully authorized version on DVD and Blu-Ray. The film was recorded on four nights of "Exile On Main Street 'U.S. tour in Texas in 1972. April 1974 at New York's Ziegfield Theatre "instead, where the strip took his victory by selected cinemas across America. "Ladies And Gentlemen" was known as At 'Rock-powerful movie that was ever made and is considered by many fans of the Rolling Stones as the best in picture and sound documented concert of all time. The bonus material includes recordings from tour rehearsals in Montreux, a test interview with Mick Jagger from the 'Old Grey Whistle' in 1972 and a recent interview with him by 2010. The film will be released simultaneously on DVD and Blu-ray.

Content Deluxe Edition: Bonus DVD featuring content (40 min material): Footage from the Dick Cavett show interviews and backstage footage of the 1972 Madison Square Garden show.
Interview excerpts from a 1972 / 1973 TV show with Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor and Keith Richards. A "home made" video of a song by the Madison Square Garden show with Stevie Wonder. A reproduction of the original movie poster of the premiere of Ladies & Gentlemen. A scarf (black with silver glitter), which distributed the film premiere in 1972 was also on. Two frames from the 35mm film print.

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: August 25, 2010 03:58

damn what great timing to spend $!
already have a 720, 50 inch plasma.
a decent sacd/dvd-audio yamaha home theatre.

*TY "winningvxii" your post made sense to me.
so all i need is a bluray player & all things stones on bluray*

...i want that GAWDDAMMN fancy-schmancy L&G box, and more classic footage...well i guess and some solid info on the contents!?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 25, 2010 04:15

mothra665

...i want that GAWDDAMMN fancy-schmancy L&G box, and more classic footage...well i guess and some solid info on the contents!?

Amazon have just updated their site with some details on the content of the L&G box:
- L&G DVD (same as standalone version)
- bonus DVD (40min Dick Cavett footage, assorted interviews)
- Stones In Exile DVD (!!!)

Yeah, that´s right: In order to get the 40mins worth of uninteresting bonus content (Dick Cavett... stuff that is hardly "rare" and has been available for a long time already) you´ll have to buy Stones In Exile again along with some memorabilia crap for an inflated price.

The Exile Super Deluxe Edition was borderline shameless already but this is just a complete rip-off. I have cancelled my pre-order and will be going for the standard version.

No unreleased outtake footage. Another wasted opportunity.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 25, 2010 04:34

Tornandfrayed
mothra665

Amazon have just updated their site with some details on the content of the L&G box:

Yeah, that´s right: In order to get the 40mins worth of uninteresting bonus content (Dick Cavett... stuff that is hardly "rare" and has been available for a long time already) you´ll have to buy Stones In Exile again along with some memorabilia crap for an inflated price.

The Exile Super Deluxe Edition was borderline shameless already but this is just a complete rip-off. I have cancelled my pre-order and will be going for the standard version.

please tell me this bonus footage is a misprint, this is ridiculous, geez even the 4 reels version has better outtakes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-25 04:38 by melillo.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 25, 2010 05:06

Can you provide a link? I'm not seeing it on Amazon (at least the US version).

Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: August 25, 2010 08:45

Torn and Frayed: Agree with you, sounds like a rip-off. Certainly don't need or want another copy of Stones in Exile. That is such a crappy documentary ( I don't want to use the term documentary) that they probably had to package it with Ladies and Gents just to get rid of all the copies they could not sell. Yeah, I don't know why the Stones do this. So many of us here have been waiting 30-35 years for this movie to come out on first on VHS and then on DVD and you would think that the Stones themselves would want to reward us in some way for our loyalty. And it is just really stupid business as well. Most hardcore Stones fans like you or myself would glady shell out big bucks for a deluxe box set that included unreleased live material or other material of real interest. But we will all pass on a box set that just has the same old material we have seen on bootlegs over the years. Just plain stupid.

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: August 25, 2010 08:55

That is what happens when you watch bootlegs you put yourself in a position where you have allready seen everything so when something new comes out you have allready seen it all. You have to remember bootlegs are stuff that was not meant to be released and people werent meant to see publicly. Bootlegs are like pirated cds and stuff not meant to exist but do exist anyway. There is probably going to be thousands of stones fans who have not seen the bootlegs who will think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Choose to watch bootlegs then choose to accept the fact that you may have allready heard or seen it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-25 11:41 by Mooseman.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 25, 2010 14:01

Mooseman
That is what happens when you watch bootlegs you put yourself in a position where you have allready seen everything so when something new comes out you have allready seen it all. You have to remember bootlegs are stuff that was not meant to be released and people werent meant to see publicly. Bootlegs are like pirated cds and stuff not meant to exist but do exist anyway. There is probably going to be thousands of stones fans who have not seen the bootlegs who will think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Choose to watch bootlegs then choose to accept the fact that you may have allready heard or seen it.

Partly I can agree, but most bootlegs don't have a very good sound(board) quality, so when a concert from the 69-73 period (in this case 1972 of course) would be released which is already on a bootleg I think we all would be glad with it.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 25, 2010 18:13

I particularly love that photo of Mick on the cover - it's so animated.

I'll definitely be going to the theater to check this out - what a blast.

And to throw my two cents in - i don't care if it's 16mm or not - all that means nothing to me - just glad to see this in the theater with other people - love that energy.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: August 25, 2010 21:03

I was going to buy Stones In Exile next week.... now i'm going to wait and see what happens with this release.

I hope they release also an audio CD (or why not? on vinyl: the box set looks like 12" x 12").

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 25, 2010 21:43

Tornandfrayed

-The Exile Super Deluxe Edition was borderline shameless already but this is just a complete rip-off. I have cancelled my pre-order and will be going for the standard version.

Oh my...I don't know wether to laugh or puke. Thanks for helping me saveing a lot of money!

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: August 25, 2010 22:21

kleermaker
Mooseman

Partly I can agree, but most bootlegs don't have a very good sound(board) quality, so when a concert from the 69-73 period (in this case 1972 of course) would be released which is already on a bootleg I think we all would be glad with it.

Exactly which is why I can't understand why people are saying there is no point in seeing it if they have the bootlegs.

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: August 27, 2010 03:38

SwayStones

France – TBC

October 7th (for the cinemas screeenings)

YM

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home