Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Ladies & Gentlemen, Release Date: October 19, 2010
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 21, 2010 05:33

Kleermaker, the wife and I are going to Japan for out 10th wedding anniversary so if I want to stay married for another 10, and I do, I will be going.

Stonesseventytwo, many thanks for the play date in Japan. I was wondering when and if it would play there. However, we are leaving Japan on the 19th so it looks I'll miss both the US and Japan showings by a few days. Ah well, it seems it was not to be...

Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: August 21, 2010 09:31

convince your wife to stay for another few days. There are 3 showings at the Budokan, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Here is the link
[stones-ladies-and-gentlemen.info]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 21, 2010 11:22

And, of course, there's nothing here in Finland. The EXILE thing was almost totally ignored here, so nothing new... This is not a Stones country... sad smiley

Do I need to open the family holiday travel count and travel to Japan? In that case, there will be no anniversies for me either...

- Doxa

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 21, 2010 13:36

It's definetely strange that the cinema release is so limited. It's not coming to Norway either. I've been in contact with the lokal cinema in Trondheim, and they've been working hard for some time to put it up here, but so far whithout any luck. It's strange, cause Shine A Light were running for a long time here, and my guess is that L&G would attract just as many people or more. I just don't get it...

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: August 21, 2010 14:23

bluesinc.
would be intersting if you will hear the difference of the songs on steel wheels were Bill isn´t playing.
Daryll Jones is a hell of a bass player but he doesn´t fit the stones

No i wouldn't. Nor do i think that Darryl is playing any better (on the Stones records at least, but he could if only the Stones would give him the freedom to do so). I was more reflecting on the effect a person can have on the whole chemistry of a band when being present with negative unresolved issues, or being happy to be part of it, and what that makes possible or not. As a result of pondering on why (to my taste at least) Voodoo Lounge and Bridges are so absolutely brilliant compared to Steel Wheels whilest the only difference was the absence of Bill and wondered if there was any connection due to band's inner atmospherics. And aired it as a response to someone's comment on Bill's absence of the Ladies and Gents cover, saying; "what is this thing with Bill?" (or something like that) that's all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-21 14:29 by behroez.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2010 14:49

What's the new footage anyway?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2010 14:53

<Daryll Jones is a hell of a bass player but he doesn´t fit the stones><bluesinc.>

You tell Charlie.He chose him in the end.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 21, 2010 15:18

Mack Jigger
Bonus Features:
Tour rehearsal footage from Montreux
1972 Old Grey Whistle Test Interview with Mick Jagger
2010 interview with Mick Jagger

I really hope this is a joke.[/quote]

It's GOTTA be! "Mick Jagger" ??? Where's Will.i.Am ??[/quote]

"Don't lie to me", "Rocks Off" and "Sweet Black Angel" we're filmed during the same shows. Not releasing these extras on the official DVD is a MISSED opportunity! And let's be honest, super duper fan or not, who doesn't want to see these great songs?! Is that too much to ask for after waiting 36 years since the release of the film?![/quote]

Agree Agree Agree! Montreaux is nice, but those three songs would have been awesome to have.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 21, 2010 15:41

ChrisM
Kleermaker, the wife and I are going to Japan for out 10th wedding anniversary so if I want to stay married for another 10, and I do, I will be going.

Stonesseventytwo, many thanks for the play date in Japan. I was wondering when and if it would play there. However, we are leaving Japan on the 19th so it looks I'll miss both the US and Japan showings by a few days. Ah well, it seems it was not to be...

Congrats with your coming 10th wedding anniversary Chris, and have a wonderful time in Japan!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 21, 2010 16:25

The Stones can't release anything without it being called a missed opportunity. I can't think of a single release that they've put out there, in my time as a fan, that didn't get that label slapped on it by fans. It's so stupid to read that every time.

Here's some of the remarks I remember (Be advised that your IQ will start to go down after reading the first 3):
Forty Licks - Should have had 3 or 4 more classic songs instead of the new ones - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Four Flicks - Should have been the Roseland Ballroom instead of Olympia - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Live Licks - Not the, better, original tracklist - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
A Bigger Bang - Not a blues record, too long, lazy songwriting - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
The Biggest Bang - No complete show from The Phoenix - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Shine A Light - Should have been a documentary (That's probably the worst one of all) - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
2009 remaster catalogue - Doesn't sound as well as the Virgins - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Exile On Main Street DeLuxe - Not enough extra songs - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Stones In Exile - Not what was expected - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!

Why on earth would somebody bitch about what they're NOT getting? The perspective should be the actual realease. It would be the same if my son played football, and I bitch about the fact that he's not playing like Ronaldinho. That's so dumb. Also, it's kindda hilarious too.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 21, 2010 20:28

JumpingKentFlash

Why on earth would somebody bitch about what they're NOT getting? The perspective should be the actual realease. It would be the same if my son played football, and I bitch about the fact that he's not playing like Ronaldinho. That's so dumb. Also, it's kindda hilarious too.

If the sound quality of the movie L&G in the cinema isn't really very good, it's not only a missed opportunity but also and in the first place A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT to me, which is much worse. Then the comparison will of course be Ronaldinho playing like your son, with all due respect for the football qualities of your son.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 21, 2010 22:59

stonesseventytwo
convince your wife to stay for another few days. There are 3 showings at the Budokan, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Here is the link
[stones-ladies-and-gentlemen.info]
Ah, honto ni sugei desu ne! Mitain desu demo... Stonesseventy two, Nihonjin ha desu ka?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-24 00:01 by ChrisM.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: August 21, 2010 23:23

kleermaker
If the sound quality of the movie L&G in the cinema isn't really very good, it's not only a missed opportunity but also and in the first place A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT to me.

What i heard from the trailor sounded quite good. I've got the movie on an old video tape and that quality isn't really that good. I read somewhere that at the time of it's first release it was made with the up to date special sound effect for cinema at that time. But that this particulair system doesn't exist anymore and also only works on that speecific system, meaning that on video or TV the sound quality is just bad. I reckon from the introduction to it's re-release that the sound has been cleaned up and updated to today's system. And really it can't be worst than the original recording can it? Or can it?

Date: August 21, 2010 23:52

skipstone
Slick
blu-ray blows dvd away. true stones fans will be getting the blu-ray.

Like Stones ticket prices from the past few tours and all future ones, I can not afford a Blu-Ray player right now.

I guess I'm not a "true Stones fan" then. That's fine - you can beat your chest harder if you want to.

$ 79.99 grand total for a basic Blu-ray player refurbished : [www.tigerdirect.com] .

Mid-range players are in the $200 's (new). Sure,you'd need some additional equipment to take advantage of blu-ray's benefit ( HDTV ),but if you can't swing that,maybe it's a good idea to spend less time on this board and more time for business.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 22, 2010 00:34

can't wait for the showing in l.a. i was there at THE premiere theatre for new york debut. i've talked a little about it before. i'll post most about that soon as i'm on the run but did want to say how totally excited i am to see it wherever they show it in l.a.!!! i mean it's like Christmas to me. this is the holy grail. i'm so so so very excited and happy. i didn't think i'd ever see this properly again. i've one night to really let it happen....big screen in the theatre...i remember very very distinctly and well the new york show when released. more later. so happy about the live showings in the big theaters chiefly for some reason. tho it will be such a gift for so many lucky enuf to buy this thing and have a great sound system to enjoy it on. what a super lucky wonderful holy thing to have. almost never saw the officially properly released light of day... with respect to the late great Michael Jackson, when it comes to rock and roll: THIS IS IT
period.
id never got better. (well certain shows and song sure, but u know what i mean, as a period, as a time, as a touring band as the greatest rock and roll band in the world. and proving it. it never got better than this. as the months years decades and centuries pass, it may never get better than this again.

the right amount of everything. passion, cheekiness from jags. REAL fall down sweat EFFOR from everyone standing close together, only having each other, no eye candy, no bullshit dragons or macy day floats or mini cities and costume changes...no special lighting. no light 'show' per se...guys standing very close together depending on each other. the very forefront of rock and roll history. and proving it.

this didn't feel like an 'act' to me. tho mick is dressed as a tart in expensive fashions modeled off of the big E's jumpsuits...and was totally totally effective and also gorgeously androgynous. it's hard to believe that these skinny dudes ARE that huge locomotive of rolling thunder... this is it. this is what i'm talkin' bout y'all. this is my band. right here.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 22, 2010 00:36

j

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-23 22:20 by misterfrias.

Date: August 22, 2010 03:51

anyone know where in los angeles it is showing? i haven't seen an advert for it anywhere here yet. thnx

beelyboy...Think About it

Date: August 23, 2010 10:18

Beelyboy
anyone know where in los angeles it is showing? i haven't seen an advert for it anywhere here yet. thnx

Bridge De Lux with IMAX

or L.A. Live ( non-IMAX )

[www.ncm.com] -

[www.fathomevents.com]

Date: August 23, 2010 10:42

mitchflorida
You don't need Blu-ray to get great sound. Blu-ray is great for the wide-screen extravaganza from Hollywood. . .

Now that I realize my tv is a Plasma 720P resolution model, I realize buying a blue-ray player would be a waste of money. You have to have a 1080P set and you really have to care about the minute difference in quality.

Just because your HDTV has a " 720p " max resolution,does not mean that Blu-ray would be a waste of money. In that case just set the Blu-ray player to output a 720p signal as opposed to 480i or 480p for standard DVD quality. If you have a decent size screen,you should not have much trouble noticing the upgrade. Sure,it wouldn't be the full 1080p but,there is a more noticable difference between 480i and 720p than there is between 720p and 1080i or 1080p. In fact,to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p at a normal viewing distance,you would need an HDTV or an HD projector in the 55 inch to 75 inch plus range.

Also,you do need Blu-ray to get lossless DTS HD-MA and / or Dolby True HD uncompressed sound. I suppose that it depends on what your definition of "great sound" is. The regular Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks on DVD's are compressed to fit on the DVD.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 23, 2010 12:31

JumpingKentFlash
The Stones can't release anything without it being called a missed opportunity. I can't think of a single release that they've put out there, in my time as a fan, that didn't get that label slapped on it by fans. It's so stupid to read that every time.

Here's some of the remarks I remember (Be advised that your IQ will start to go down after reading the first 3):
Forty Licks - Should have had 3 or 4 more classic songs instead of the new ones - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Four Flicks - Should have been the Roseland Ballroom instead of Olympia - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Live Licks - Not the, better, original tracklist - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
A Bigger Bang - Not a blues record, too long, lazy songwriting - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
The Biggest Bang - No complete show from The Phoenix - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Shine A Light - Should have been a documentary (That's probably the worst one of all) - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
2009 remaster catalogue - Doesn't sound as well as the Virgins - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Exile On Main Street DeLuxe - Not enough extra songs - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Stones In Exile - Not what was expected - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!

Don't forget the 2009 40 year Anniversary of "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!" - MISSED OPPORTUNITY!!!!

Forget it, The Stones won't do anything right before they will release every tune they've made - plus audio facts of them having lunch in March '66...

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: August 23, 2010 15:03

Thanks all for the info - guess I'll have to switch to Bluray now ...

Just one complaint: Why does amazon.de asks about 50 % more for the disks - this is a ripoff!

Date: August 23, 2010 19:54

thanks so much for info! the stones event the third link on the column on the left wnen this opens. there's a little 30 sec. trailer. quality looks pretty dang good to me...

[www.fathomevents.com]

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: August 23, 2010 20:41

Hi JKF, I would like to know why do you think everything is so bad? I have to discuss your case:

JumpingKentFlash
Forty Licks - Should have had 3 or 4 more classic songs instead of the new ones - MAY BE YOU ARE RIGHT BUT THEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT "NO NEW SONGS".

Four Flicks - Should have been the Roseland Ballroom instead of Olympia - WHY? OLYMPIA IS PERFECT, THE COMPLETE BOX IS VERY GOOD BUT IF I COULD CHANGE SOMETHING I'LL CHANGE THE STADIUM SHOW.

Live Licks - Not the, better, original tracklist - WHAT DID YOU EXACTLY EXPECT?

A Bigger Bang - Not a blues record, too long, lazy songwriting - DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET OF THE STONES NOWADAYS, SOME GOOD SONGS AND OTHERS...

The Biggest Bang - No complete show from The Phoenix - COME ON, I THINK YOU ARE TOO RUDE! hehe

Shine A Light - Should have been a documentary (That's probably the worst one of all) - IT'S TRUE, GOOD SHOW, BAD DOCUMENTARY.

2009 remaster catalogue - Doesn't sound as well as the Virgins - THAT IS NOT COMPLETELY TRUE, SOME SOUNDS A BIT BETTER.

Exile On Main Street DeLuxe - Not enough extra songs - NOT ENOUGH!? WHY?

Stones In Exile - Not what was expected - OK, BUT NOT BAD AT ALL!

Best regards
Alejandro

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 24, 2010 13:23

Deluxe Edition box set incl. 3 discs and 295 minutes playing time at Amazon.de: [www.amazon.de]

Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: August 24, 2010 13:34

torn and Frayed. Thanks. What is in the deluxe edition ? Any details would be appreciated. Assume they will be selling this in the US as well?

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 24, 2010 15:26

Tornandfrayed
Deluxe Edition box set incl. 3 discs and 295 minutes playing time at Amazon.de: [www.amazon.de]

This looks interesting, any word on the content,no sign of this version on Amason.co.uk or Amason .com .

Date: August 24, 2010 19:19

stonesseventytwo
torn and Frayed. Thanks. What is in the deluxe edition ? Any details would be appreciated. Assume they will be selling this in the US as well?

stonesseventytwo crisscrossmind helterskelter micksbrain 69boogie many others. same person, sometimes in coversation w selves...
as a service: beware personal contact w such names at own risk.
one of these projected characters will ingratiate itself slowly, as in this thread... banned several times but its a game w a good number of backup names already in play. sick?
wiki defines internet stalker and troll with alarming specificity. enuff said.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-24 19:36 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: August 24, 2010 20:24

"This is not a Stones country..."

Yeah, and i hear the girls there have beards...

I saw this film when it opened at the Ziegfeld in NYC w/full concert sound...Needless to say, it was awesome!!!

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: August 24, 2010 21:31

Tornandfrayed

Thanks Tornandfrayed! This looks an awful lot like the holy grail to mesmoking smiley
Hoping for more houston and other surprices...

Posted by: Mooseman ()
Date: August 24, 2010 23:49

This is my first post but I am looking forward to this release. Some interesting posts in this thread I am not as die hard a fan as some of you on here but im looking forward to it. Some of you say that if you have allready seen the bootlegs then whats the point in seeing this well thats what happens when you collect bootlegs. Bootlegs usually are of things that were not suppost to be available publicly so when something new comes out there will allways be the chance that because of bootlegs you may have allready seen some of it. I can't wait to get a copy.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home