Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wood: 'Stones Will Roll On'
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 26, 2010 04:54

Wood: 'Stones Will Roll On'

RONNIE WOOD has dismissed reports the ROLLING STONES are planning to retire, insisting the veteran musicians are determined to "rock till we drop".

British tabloids reported that the Brown Sugar hitmakers had agreed to conclude the band's 50-year career with a farewell tour next year (11).

But guitarist Wood insists he and his bandmates have no intention of quitting.

He says, "We have all agreed this won't be the last time. Everyone's rocking."

[www.contactmusic.com]

Re: Wood: 'Stones Will Roll On'
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 26, 2010 04:58

I believe it was Def Leppard, and not the Stones, who said rock rock till you drop.

Date: July 26, 2010 21:53

http://www.people.co.uk/news/uk

Ron also revealed that the Stones are keen to headline at the Glastonbury festival and thrilled their 1970s album, Exile On Main Street, recently went to No1 in the charts.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2010 00:09

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:23

guess this pretty much debunks ronnie getting sacked huh? sorry taylor hopefuls

duck geese!!!!!!!!! duck geese??????????

Date: July 27, 2010 01:34

You've got to love the polar opposite that's going on with this "article":

'RONNIE WOOD has dismissed reports the ROLLING STONES are planning to retire, insisting the veteran musicians are determined to "rock till we drop".'

That's how it starts. He said it, right there, that they aren't going to retire. Yet...

"British tabloids reported that" they "had agreed to conclude the band's 50-year career with a farewell tour next year."

Did they just not quote Ronnie saying that they aren't going to stop after the tour next year even though 'they' are saying they are going to "conclude" their "career"? Then they say...

"But guitarist Wood insists he and his bandmates have no intention of quitting."

So that right there says they are indeed NOT concluding their career.

'He says, "We have all agreed this won't be the last time. Everyone's rocking."'

Yeahhh. I did not have sex with THAT woman.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:41

Its not the same tabloid, skip.

'The Sun' reported an unnamed source (not the Stones themselves) who said they'd retire after a world tour.

Ronnie then responded to the rumours in 'The People' by saying they're planning a tour, but theyve no intentions of stopping.

IMO the Stones wont formally quit until one of them dies. Their career might peter out over time due to inactivity (you could justifiably argue that the last 2-3 years have been liks this), but they'll still formally exist as a band as long as they're above ground .

Date: July 27, 2010 01:43

Ahhh. Duh. Damn. I wondered why that was so odd.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 27, 2010 02:33

melillo,

We Taylor fans are not saying: dump Ronnie!!! keep him around
All we are saying is: include Taylor!! aty least for the next tour..

MLC

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 04:00

Ronnie was in great shape as of about 4-5 days ago as friends talked to him while he was in England doing an interview. He sounded great on the phone and ask if we were ready to get our touring shoes on. Well I guess I am ready one more time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home