Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I just saw "Ladies & Gentlemen" in Nashville
Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:51

Wow, I was surprised what a crowd was there - it was almost a full house. Anyway, short review - I have never seen the film all the way through, and what I have seen was a terrible looking VHS bootleg. This looked and sounded glorious. The film itself is either the worst shot, most interestingly shot - or both - concert film ever. Virtually no audience shots, constant close ups on Jaggers head with only a black background, and terrible inconsistency with outfits, guitars, what have you.

But it was a good time and I look forward to owning the dvd. I am 32 and never got to see the Stones "larger than life" in this period, so this is the closest I will ever come. Great performances by all, though I am still surprised that Mick Taylor got way more screen time than Keith (his guitar playing was superb though).

Oh and the new edition - Mick's preface interview - quite enjoyable. Anybody else here in Nashville go tonight?

Re: I just saw "Ladies & Gentlemen" in Nashville
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 17, 2010 06:02

Thats the way concert films were shot back then..Dark,up close also camera does not follow musicians around..REmember its 1972...

Charlie

Re: I just saw "Ladies & Gentlemen" in Nashville
Posted by: Slick ()
Date: September 17, 2010 06:34

virtually no audience shots is a damn good thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home