Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

September 18th - Jimi's gone 40 years
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 16, 2010 21:11

40 years ago this Saturday my mom called me into the front room to see ABC news report the death of Jimi Hendrix. It was shattering. We partied that night on chemicals they don't even make anymore. I scoured the newspapers the next few weeks trying to get details. It definitely put a pall on things, and Janis dying a few weeks later didn't help. (And Morrison's myterious death the following July was the capper. It took a long time to realize he died exactly two years to the day after Brian Jones.)

The absolute top crust of American 60s rock and rollers was wiped out in that short period. As an Atlanta resident at the time, it seemed even the future of American rock and roll got wiped out when Duane Allman died in October of '71.

Anyone else remember what they were doing when they heard Jimi died?

Re: September 18th - Jimi's gone 40 years
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 16, 2010 21:57

yes I do, strangely enough

I was in the 9th grade. I was getting ready to go to an out of town high school football game.

I was not too into the game that night. there wasn't much on the news, I wanted to know more about Hendrix' death

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home