Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sam Cutler
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 14, 2010 22:22

I was watching a documentary called Festival Express (I think that was the name) recently about a travelling rock festival in Canada in the Summer of 1970. Some of the bands that travelled by train were The Band, Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Buddy Guy. In the movie, Sam Cutler is on and he's working with the Dead. Did they hire him after meeting him at Altamont or was he already with them?

Re: Sam Cutler
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: September 14, 2010 23:29

After (but shortly after).

If you read his book YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, Sam Cutler discusses how he ended up as road manager for the Grateful Dead and also about the Festival Express trip. It's a pretty good read.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: September 15, 2010 01:27

sorry, this book bored me to tears.

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: September 15, 2010 10:24

bored to tears ?....hhhmmm...wonder what Stones books you loved ?....just have to disagree with 'marchbaby'....Cutler's book just may be the best book I've read about the Stones...excellent......peter

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 15, 2010 11:51

Never mind reading about it.......the music on the Festival Express tour was great... I'm mainly referring to Janis Joplin & the Full Tilt Boogie band. Much of this is available on the Joplin Live and Pearl Deluxe cds. Well worth checking out...great musicians in the FTB band and Joplin sings her most raw and moving vocals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home