Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Stones To Stop Rolling (with a giant farewell tour) - The Sun
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 26, 2010 20:09

well if they intend to play some new songs on this new tour, those new songs, if they're nice and bluesy, would fit well and be musically within the guitarist's abilities. just sayin.

Date: July 26, 2010 21:01

to be honest is anyone surprised that the stones would hang it up after their 50th anniversary?i saw this coming years ago and even if ron wood says they'll never stop rocking anyone with a brain can see the end coming.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 26, 2010 21:14

keefriffhard4life
to be honest is anyone surprised that the stones would hang it up after their 50th anniversary?i saw this coming years ago and even if ron wood says they'll never stop rocking anyone with a brain can see the end coming.

Completely agree, if you have half a brain in your head you'd have worked out that even assuming any of them were likely to be in half way decent health in the years 2011 and 2012, they'd more than likely tour. And whilst the other half your brain was pre-occupied with working THAT out, the spare half might just have noticed that 2012 - 1962 = 50 !!

Bingo !! There, that wasn't SO difficult now, was it ???????????

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 26, 2010 21:31

HANG IT UP???? Tell'em to tell that to Pinetop Perkins and Willie "Big Eyes" Smith (97 and 74 ) who just released a new album and touring to promote it!!!!

Date: July 26, 2010 21:58

the stones are a band though, not 1 person. charlie doesn't seem to want to do it anymore and who knows how long keith can really continue

Date: July 26, 2010 22:05

The Rolling Stones are not retiring. The Web was abuzz this weekend with rumors that the rock legends are about to pack it in, all based on an anonymously sourced story in The Sun claiming that their next world tour will be their last. “Stones to stop Rolling,” the U.K. tabloid observed. “Time no longer on their side.”

Only one problem: Despite those witty captions, the report is bogus. “Not true,” said the Stones’ rep when asked by EW if the band is planning to retire.

Stones fans can rest easy for now. Still, this rumor got the traction it did for a reason. These guys have been performing for decades. Personally, I think they should keep rocking until it becomes a physical impossibility. As long as there are people out there who want to see them in concert, why shouldn’t they? But perhaps you’ll disagree. Are you glad the Stones aren’t retiring yet? If they don’t call it a day now, when should they?

(Follow the Music Mix on Twitter: @EWMusicMix.)

Date: July 26, 2010 22:07

whats the point of them to keep going though? they are starting to have health issues, they barely record or perform new material. it just seems pointless to continue after this tour. every one deserves to rest in their old age

Posted by: mmarek1969 ()
Date: July 26, 2010 22:13

this is off subject but, when i download dvd on this site and try to unzip the files is says i need a password. does anyone know what that password is

thanks

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 26, 2010 22:19

Today, these plans were also mentioned in the very well respected newspaper "Het belang van Limburg"

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: July 26, 2010 22:22

representatives for artists and even artists themselves are trained to lie to the media when it comes to stories. of course the stones' rep is going to say "not true". do you really think they're going to say "yeah, it's over. this will be the last one" or you really think ronnie will say that? no, he HAS to say that the stones will rock 'till they drop. it's the classic "i did not have sex with that woman" way of dealing with the press.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 26, 2010 22:30

bernardanderson
representatives for artists and even artists themselves are trained to lie to the media when it comes to stories. of course the stones' rep is going to say "not true". do you really think they're going to say "yeah, it's over. this will be the last one" or you really think ronnie will say that? no, he HAS to say that the stones will rock 'till they drop. it's the classic "i did not have sex with that woman" way of dealing with the press.

bingo.

the unnamed rep will continue in his capacity with the stones as long as he continues his fine job of saying nothing of note, substance or consequence.

ronnie? well he just wants to play, of course.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2010 22:30

keefriffhard4life
whats the point of them to keep going though? they are starting to have health issues, they barely record or perform new material. it just seems pointless to continue after this tour. every one deserves to rest in their old age

what does one 'rest' for? death? that shouldn't take that much energy...

I'm for letting people do what they want. If they want to continue, let them. If we hated what they were doing enough, we'd stop buying. That clearly hasn't happened yet.

It is somewhat inspiring that a bunch of geriatrics with arthritis and a myriad of other diseases (published and not published) can go on a world tour and people actually will pay big money to see them.

good for them.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 26, 2010 22:44

Health issues? Charlie is fine now..............Keith may need a brain transplant after the coconut incident,but they are all fine.I agree that this would be the ideal time for the ''Farewell Tour'' and look back to the archive film from the 1960's to the 2000's as a monument to the greatest band in the world. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Date: July 26, 2010 22:51

keith has bad arthritis, jagger and charlie have knee issues, ron is a drunk. they should be with their families and loved ones. thats why people retire

Date: July 26, 2010 23:52

also, they should retire as a band right now and relax and prepare themselves for the super mega-extravaganza rolling stones reunion tour in about 10-15 years from now.

Posted by: bjarke_nl ()
Date: July 26, 2010 23:59

This is really simple, if the guys still enjoy it and there are people who enjoy seing them they should continue. (And hopefully somebody turns Keith on the the alternative stuff that in most cases can heal that type of athritis).

Whether or not some old fans bitch and whine about the fact that it's not 1969, 72 or whatever anymore, and are depressed about getting old themselves and makes Sigmund Freud proud of inventing the term projection by projecting their own frustrations by getting old to the stones.

Those of us who loves the stones, their music, their legacy and their presence, we'll continue for as long as possbile to appriciate any new tour, record, release... and having a blast. Good luck to the bitches... :-)

Date: July 27, 2010 00:27

bjarke_nl, if the stones get up on stage, fart, then leave, will you think that you just witnessed an awesome concert and you appreciate what they do for you, the true hardcore fan?

Date: July 27, 2010 01:00

bernardanderson
bjarke_nl, if the stones get up on stage, fart, then leave, will you think that you just witnessed an awesome concert and you appreciate what they do for you, the true hardcore fan?

uncalled for...you are only making yourself look bad.

Date: July 27, 2010 01:03

keefriffhard4life
keith has bad arthritis, jagger and charlie have knee issues, ron is a drunk. they should be with their families and loved ones. thats why people retire

So, when you're too old and tired to work, you should spend your time with your loved ones?

"DAD, great having you 'round the house and all, haven't seen you in so long...but, TAKE US ON THE ROAD WITH YOU THIS IS BORING"

Date: July 27, 2010 01:03

i thought my question was quite apt.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:15

Why are so many people (Fans ??) so negative here.Looking for excuses all the time.There are a lot of us who can't wait to see the boys on stage together again but others say why? what for?they are too old ?etc.They wan't to get up there one more time for a ''Grande Finale'' and they and us deserve it.World Tour 2011-2012 roll on. thumbs upsmoking smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:29

maybe we will will finally get that small club tour we have been waiting for! only problem is most of us wont be able to get tix or even get close to the club so what good is it?

Date: July 27, 2010 01:30

bernardanderson

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your intent of the question. It sounded a little like you were just 'badgering' without any real intent of receiving an answer to the question.

Perhaps you could clarify how your question is 'apt', and impart upon us your intent?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:35

So come on, nobody's come up with a farewell tour set list that we know they won't stray from. Somebody do it.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:36

thats easy, warhorse times 22 or 19 in some cases

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:43

skipstone
So come on, nobody's come up with a farewell tour set list that we know they won't stray from. Somebody do it.

2007. Rinse and repeat. 100 times.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:44

Really? You think they'll insist on doing Oh No Not You Again directly followed by You Got Me Rocking!!!???? Holy shiot I have GOT to get a ticket for THAT!

Date: July 27, 2010 02:00

treaclefingers
bernardanderson

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your intent of the question. It sounded a little like you were just 'badgering' without any real intent of receiving an answer to the question.

Perhaps you could clarify how your question is 'apt', and impart upon us your intent?
sure, i will impart. essentially, i was merely ascertaining bjarke_nl's level of zealotism in regard to his previously stated remark and henceforth acquiring the knowledge in an elucidating way as to how one's pragmatistic viewpoint is considered "bitching" and "whining" and whether or not one's zeolot psyche has the ability to distort or fictionalize their ideological sense of reality.
or something along those lines. drinking smiley

Date: July 27, 2010 02:08

bernardanderson
treaclefingers
bernardanderson

sure, i will impart. essentially, i was merely ascertaining bjarke_nl's level of zealotism in regard to his previously stated remark and henceforth acquiring the knowledge in an elucidating way as to how one's pragmatistic viewpoint is considered "bitching" and "whining" and whether or not one's zeolot psyche has the ability to distort or fictionalize their ideological sense of reality.
or something along those lines. drinking smiley

Ah...well that makes total sense then. It was simply your rather emotional and tasteless statement; the inability to articulate that intent, without resorting to vulgarities, that led me to believe that you were merely baiting.

I will watch that for next time.

Date: July 27, 2010 02:10

thanks, officer.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home