Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick jagger will tour with his own band
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 23, 2010 22:11

Seriously though, if Mick did decide to tour with a tasteful good setlist and maybe a decent album... I go. Seems this stirred up a lot of Mick hate though. What's with that? I also agree that The Stones' window of opportunity is closing fast as a present-day truly functioning band. I mean, Keith not picking up his guitar in 3 years??? That says more about the future of the Stones than any fake stories of Jagger touring solo (which he has every right to do, of course).

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 23, 2010 22:23

jamesfdouglas
Seriously though, if Mick did decide to tour with a tasteful good setlist and maybe a decent album... I go. Seems this stirred up a lot of Mick hate though. What's with that? I also agree that The Stones' window of opportunity is closing fast as a present-day truly functioning band. I mean, Keith not picking up his guitar in 3 years??? That says more about the future of the Stones than any fake stories of Jagger touring solo (which he has every right to do, of course).
I think it's more fake thread hate than Mick hate.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 24, 2010 00:42

The Stones will record and tour in 2011-2012. Bet on it.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 24, 2010 01:09

Rockman
. ... ...hey that is good news .... Do the Plaster Caster's know about this????

the Brothers of Sodom you mean

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: July 24, 2010 01:36

jamesfdouglas

But we now know why Keith hasn't been that active - Patti was ill. Hard to be creative when your spouse is ill.

Speaking for myself, I don't see a Jagger solo tour being successful right now for the very reason you said - the window for a Stones tour is closing. Just looking around the various Stones boards, that is what the fans really want - one last Stones tour. Yes, I know there are those who want no tour at all. 50 years is something no other band has pulled off at the level of success the Stones have maintained. One more time, one big blast would be grand.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 24, 2010 02:51

corriecas
he's working on a new solo album and will tour in 2011 with his own band, according to sources near the Stones management.
Sorry
jeroen

Sorry, but i just can say you are an idiot. I think you need a work.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 24, 2010 03:35

It's all about the money with Mick Jagger, and he would never tour on his own . .there are not enough people who would want to hear him sing Satisfaction for the 1000th time, especially without the Stones behind him.

This is complete b.s. which I confirmed with my contacts in London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-24 03:37 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 24, 2010 03:44

So after all this - " what the hell is going on?"

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 24, 2010 03:44

mitchflorida
It's all about the money with Mick Jagger, and he would never tour on his own . .there are not enough people who would want to hear him sing Satisfaction for the 1000th time, especially without the Stones behind him.

You have to edit your bullshit. You can't screw it up the first time?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 24, 2010 06:03

Rocky Dijon
Super Heavy, if it happens, would not be Mick Jagger's new band or even a real group. Just a one-time project for Nokia. The talents involved and the effort taken is to manufacture a project with broad commercial appeal that would reach consumers in different demographics.

So the songs probably would undergo some sort of market research before release - and the released version would lack rawness of music and lyrical content. As Nokia is a phone company, it seems likely that this one would be a phone-only download - and no CD version would be available. Considering all these different kind of elements somehow makes the following thought come up: what a waste of time and effort.

Yet, I hope it's not true and something good will come from it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 24, 2010 09:24

the Brothers of Sodom you mean

No no ... The Plaster Casters.........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2010 15:21

corriecas
he's working on a new solo album and will tour in 2011 with his own band, according to sources near the Stones management.
Sorry
jeroen

I don't blame him... btw, not much of a choice left.
Besides,Charlie ,Bill and Mick T do the same.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 24, 2010 17:39

mitchflorida

we'd be lost without you, mitch....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2010 18:06

klrkcr
So after all this - " what the hell is going on?"

what is going on is that the stones will tour next year and this jagger tour is a bunch of yada yada, how silly would it be for mick to do a solo tour now and put off the stones tour for another year, utterly ridiculous

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 24, 2010 19:54

I can't think of anything less interesting than a new Mick Jagger solo tour...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 24, 2010 19:59

This rumour is still being debated despite the fact that the guy who started it has since admitted that he made the whole thing up?

WTF?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 24, 2010 20:28

Gazza
This rumour is still being debated despite the fact that the guy who started it has since admitted that he made the whole thing up?

WTF?

The voice of sanity.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 24, 2010 20:30

Gazza

WTF?

I don't think anyone was fooled. People are just considering if it is even an opton for Jagger. Maybe 20 years ago . . IF he had put out a really great album, which he didn't.

I would almost rather see Mick Jagger play a few weeks in Las Vegas . . just to prove he can work a room like Elvis could. . anything novel would be welcome.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2010 20:42

I think even mick has come to realize his solo career is nothing more than a hobby at this point, and always was IMO

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 24, 2010 22:45

Gazza

WTF?

Welcome to trollville.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 24, 2010 23:10

My toilet has now confirmed that not only will Mick Jagger be doing a new solo album and tour next year but he'll have MICK TAYLOR with him on tour! Matt Clifford will be musical director and Blondie Chaplin is filling Jimmy Webb's slot.

"I'd love to hear Mick's fluid playing over the songs we did after he quit," Jagger said. "So it will be fun to do 'Beast Of Burden' and 'Streets Of Love' and 'Rock And A Hard Place' and 'Winning Ugly' and 'Back To Zero' with his playing."

However, my toilet could not give confirmation on when the album will come out or when the tour will start or even where it will start.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 24, 2010 23:43

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza

WTF?

Welcome to trollville.eye rolling smiley
sweetcharmedlife..What I want to know is.. so who controls the Trolls..when they get out of control

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 24, 2010 23:46

hahahaha

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: July 25, 2010 00:24

No, no, please don't change your style smoking smiley

Rockman
Tour anncouncement will be in October, mid week

Geeeeeez that's the time I'm havin' me hair done......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 25, 2010 00:30

Don't panic stargroves ....
Only a lil' trim ...I'll still be combing it with an egg-beater ......

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1336
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home