Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: I'm going to see The Black Crowes and Taj
Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 23, 2010 07:04

Anybody else from close enough by to see this. I'm going to Hullabalou Sunday to see The Black Crowes, Taj Mahal, The Steve Miller Band, Loretta Lynn, Dave Matthews band (yawn), Dwight Yoakum, What can I expect?

[www.non-filters.com]

Re: OT: I'm going to see The Black Crowes and Taj
Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 23, 2010 12:12

The Black Crowes, Taj Mahal, The Steve Miller Band, Loretta Lynn, Dave Matthews band and Dwight Yoakum, I guess! winking smiley

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 23, 2010 12:56

I'd say you should expect alot of music. Really though, you know these bands so you should probably know what to expect right? Who knows but maybe Dave won't be that bad either. Loretta is still singing? You'll be seeing a legend there. The Crowes will be great, Taj is a blast from the past while alot of us grew up with Steve Miller songs. Overall I think it will be great.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 23, 2010 14:14

If you've any country blood in your veins, you'll enjoy Dwight Yoakam's set too. Hank with a twist.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 23, 2010 14:27

Expect to take a bottle of Jack.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 23, 2010 14:36

I have listen to The Black Crowes "Before the Frost" so many times and I believe it is one of the best cd of the first decade of our current century. Amazing music on that album of new material but recorded live.The black Crowes are talented musicians and if one loves Rock and Roll from the 70's that record has it all.So NONFILTER enjoy the show especially the Black Crowes.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 23, 2010 17:57

Expect this:

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 23, 2010 18:45

Black Crowes are great and Taj Mahal is a legend.
I wouldn't care for Steve Miller or Dave Matthews, though.

as for wasted guys, well... he was calm and only tried to put on his shoe, can't see anything wrong in that.
wonder if the guy who had so much fun filming it ever drank. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 23, 2010 19:14

open-g
Expect this:

Times about a 100,000 more. Churchill Downs should stick to horse racing and not get in the concert business.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 23, 2010 21:27

Sounds like a great show & line up. I'd like to see the Crowes once just to give them a chance. I just attend any live music shows anymore. Just not intot he hassle of paying too much $ & sitting around waiting for the band to come on. I guess at 51 I'm just an old fart, eh? smileys with beer

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 24, 2010 18:34

dont expect too much from black crowes; saw them last summer and in a word; boring.

i like some of the guitar, buts lets face facts; the singer is lousy; he's just a (very) poor man's late 60's early 70s Jagger/early 70s Rod Stewart.. without the vocal chops or command of movement of either

it was hard to tell who was more bored; the band or the audience.

if I recall correctly I think it was their 'paint-drying live' tour.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 24, 2010 20:44

so???

Posted by: mrgrowl791 ()
Date: July 25, 2010 02:59

teleblaster
If you've any country blood in your veins, you'll enjoy Dwight Yoakam's set too. Hank with a twist.

Dwight really gets into the Bakersfield sound...ala Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1352
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home