Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

JAGGER LIVE at Webster Hall (Pro Shot/Great Sound) - THINK/MOTHER OF A MAN/HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER BABY...
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: September 4, 2010 05:28

The Jag's in tip top performing shape at Webster Hall in NYC in this one off concert for his WANDERING SPIRIT CD. Unfortunately, the Band Pales in comparison (IMHO) to Keith, Charlie, Bill, and Ronnie/Mick T. but still great songs....

BTW, If I recall, MOTHER OF A MAN was written about the LA riots of April/May 1992 ("Rodney King's police brutality trial" - police found not guilty, riot starts up a few hours later - town burns for days - "These kids are poor/I know it's hard/but why do they have to do it/in there own backyard" ) I believe Jagger was in town during the riots and not TOO far away.....

On the other hand, I still don't have a clue to what HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER, BABY, STANDING IN THE SHADOW is about. Fill me in if you know.... Thanks, CCM

THINK/MOTHER OF A MAN (LIVE in New York City, Webster Hall, 1993)

HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER, BABY, STANDING IN THE
SHADOW (Live - 1993, Webster Hall, New York City)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-05 07:12 by CrissCrossMind.

Re: JAGGER LIVE at Webster Hall - THINK/MOTHER OF A MAN/HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER BABY...
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 4, 2010 06:12

i was at this show! it was amazing - Mick w/ Jimmy Rip kicked serious ass!

Re: JAGGER LIVE at Webster Hall - THINK/MOTHER OF A MAN/HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER BABY...
Date: September 4, 2010 06:22

btw, Mother Of A Man is a fantastic tune, imo.

Date: September 4, 2010 13:39

I agree LeonidP, it would be nice to hear the Stones do a few of the better solo Mick and Keith songs (like "Mother Of A Man" for example). I have a boot with a STONES work-in-progress version of LONELY AT THE TOP, which Mick opened his LIVE AID show with in 1985. It was left off of the LIVE AID DVD Box Set unfortunately. Instead, having that historical performance start with what was the second song, JUST ANOTHER NIGHT. You're lucky you got to see this show live. I've seen most of the footage of the Webster Hall concert and it looked great, super high energy. CCM

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 4, 2010 13:59

I've read in the Chuck Leavell's book, that Mick planned short US tour in 1993 to
promote WS. And in the last minute changed his mind, so Wester Hall was one and only date in this "tour".
Why?

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 4, 2010 22:21

Good album
Good band
Good concert !!!

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: September 4, 2010 22:44

CrissCrossMind

On the other hand, I still don't have a clue to what HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER, BABY, STANDING IN THE SHADOW is about. Fill me in if you know.... Thanks, CCM

It's about taking opportunities, I think. The singer offers someone the chance to leave the shadows to live the sort of life he leads, with a touch of decadence in the final line (since the new life would apparently involve a 'slide to the depths of decline'). Of course, they were probably wazzed off their tits when they wrote it.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 4, 2010 23:11

LeonidP

Lucky ! It is a great show and Mick was in great shape.
I remember having recorded the special MTV report (and I still have it) and bought the japanese boot cd (for quite a sum). Fortunately the show exists in excellent mono sdb now.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: September 5, 2010 01:33

toomuchforme
LeonidP

Lucky ! It is a great show and Mick was in great shape.
I remember having recorded the special MTV report (and I still have it) and bought the japanese boot cd (for quite a sum). Fortunately the show exists in excellent mono sdb now.

Yes, I have the dvd too. I am actually in it (for a brief second), as I was right near the stage during most of the show. My friend also made a cassette recording of it - which doesn't sound too good (he was hiding it in his coat pocket). This is what I had to listen to for a couple years, as for some reason it took a couple years before the bootlegs of this show started to regularly appear.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 5, 2010 01:37

l can't see Charlie doing the drums for "Mother of a man".

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: September 5, 2010 07:14

ROPENI
l can't see Charlie doing the drums for "Mother of a man".

Yeah, very true ROPENI. It would have to be a different arrangement for sure...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home