Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rory Gallagher!! RockPalast
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 22, 2010 17:16

Any Gallagher fans here?

Was watching Rory last night, the 2nd of 5 full concerts on the "Rockpalast" DVD collection. Awesome stuff indeed

A brilliant Live document of the legend. Wonderful altogether, Rory and the band on fiery form, one hell of a performance. Thrilling stuff, his showmanship, and peerless guitar playing - raging rock'n'roll!

Check out some reviews on Amazon for the 'Rockpalast' DVD set:

Received the dvd yesterday ...Jeez! out(bloody)standing!!!
The energy on display would put the duracell bunny to shame. Rory is often the forgotten man when people compile the lists of guitar greats.. yet most of those listed were never fit to lace Rory's boots. He always avoided the limelight but sold over 30 million records in his time; no mean feat ...
The dvd's here are a shining example of Rory's,at times, breathtaking talents. There are times within some of the concerts I would have sold my soul to have been there live and witnessed the sheer genius and passion.

this collection of elctrifying performances once again sets the standard that others should aspire to, although many of them clearly do not even try.

Re: Rory Gallagher!! RockPalast
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 22, 2010 17:24

love rory. listen to him often still. real bluesrock guitar fans haven't forgotten him.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 22, 2010 17:27

check out Live at Montreux!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 22, 2010 17:50

In 1978 Rory did the first Rockpalast Night in the Grugahalle (Essen, Ruhr Area; Germany), if I remember right, and he was the absolute highlight. Many years later he did a gig on the Loreley above the Rhine, which was one of the greatest concerts in the Rockpalast open air series. One of the best guitarists of all time.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 22, 2010 18:12

Saw him in summer 74 at the Imperial College in London. Great gig and same set as Irish Tour 74. Too Much Alcohol - what a number.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-22 22:58 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 22, 2010 18:18

Died much too early and definately would have shone out as much as Clapton,Beck,Page and the rest if he had lived.Probably like Mick Taylor would have shunned the limelight and publicity etc.but guitar fans everywhere realise what a talent he was. smileys with beer

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 22, 2010 19:18

IrelandCalling4
Any Gallagher fans here?

Yes !!!!I am in ...Saw him playing in my hometown -which isn't Montreux -

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: July 22, 2010 19:33

I'm a lucky guy, I saw him 3 times.
I loooooove Rory!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 22, 2010 20:05

Here's my favorite Rory number

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: July 22, 2010 20:08

also mine

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2010 20:38

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 22, 2010 20:53

Saw Rory as quite a regular at the reading Festival, must have seen him theier at least 5 times then at De-montford hall in leicester in about 78.

The first time i saw him was at a very small club in Wellingborough with 1 or 2 hundred people in 71,after the show he came and sat at the bar with all his fans, what a cool guy.

People have never really understood why I love him and if you speak to people now its hard to find anyone who new him. I have always loved his music, he is in my top 5 musicians and bands.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 22, 2010 21:30

Date: July 22, 2010 22:21

pgarof

After this and Jeff Beck's story I can imagine Wayne Perkins would have left the Stones very soon..Wood was the perfect match.

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: July 22, 2010 22:57

Silver Dagger
Saw him in summer 74 at the Imperial College in London. Great gig and same set as Irish Tour 74. Topo Much Alcohol - what a number.

Great song indeed!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 22, 2010 23:01

Does anyone know if he actually jammed with the Stones? Wasn't he supposed to have auditioned in Munich? Or did he not make the final list? I'd loved to have heard the outcome if they did ever get together. Not sure if he ever played with a rhythm guitarist.

Date: July 22, 2010 23:36

Posted by: tumbling phil ()
Date: July 23, 2010 00:30

Been a fan since the 70s,a guitar god !!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 23, 2010 00:40

JordiStones

Amazing,Jordi...when have you been in my living room ?
Wanted to do exactly the same shot,of course with my set ( 6071 ).

Saw Rory live in Düsseldorf 1982 and always enjoyed his records and live performances,still do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home