Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

did they get paid for playing on each others' solo records?
Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 10, 2010 05:12

just as an example, charlie playing drums on ron's Gimme Some Neck and 1234--would ron compensate him? would the label? Would they not do it without cash upfront, or would they be too embarrassed to ask for a fee?

Re: did they get paid for playing on each others' solo records?
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 10, 2010 05:15

"did they get paid for playing on each others' solo records?"

Yes

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 10, 2010 06:16

BluzDude
"did they get paid for playing on each others' solo records?"

Yes

are you guessing?...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 10, 2010 07:07

In the case of GIMME SOME NECK, the basic tracks were cut during the SOME GIRLS sessions at Pathe-Marconi. I suspect the Stones paid for the sessions and Woody had to then pay for the mixing and overdubbing in LA out of his own pocket. He would have been reimbursed when he sold the tapes outright to Columbia Records and signed a deal for a further album and tour support. Mick, Keith, and Charlie were likely not compensated as session men.

IN the case of 1,2,3,4 - many of the guests were paid in coke. Charlie was likely not one. If it is true that Charlie showing up to play was at Mick's behest to gauge Ronnie's condition (Charlie allegedy declared Ronnie was "completely mad" during his LA years), then it was probably a freebie and Charlie's time and expenses were compensated by Promotone.

There would be fees paid to Atlantic and EMI in both cases to allow their appearances to be credited.

I am only surmising or repeating what I've heard elsewhere so take it for what it's worth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home