Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If final tour comes - Last concert -Choir on Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W. - & Other songs..
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 29, 2010 05:30

I've brought this up before but how cool would it be to have a full choir on this song, at the last concert? It would be great!

Also, what other songs could they do in the set list if this is it? And do it up like Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W...

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: If final tour comes - Last concert -Choir on Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W. - & Other songs..
Posted by: moonchild57 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 05:34

my nickname says it all COTM would be great

Re: If final tour comes - Last concert -Choir on Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W. - & Other songs..
Date: July 29, 2010 05:42

Btw... this post got me thinking are there songs they can't or haven't done by the way it was recorded or instruments added?

I know Charlie says that Ventilator Blues never works out in rehearsal.

They have never recording anything as complex as ...Sgt. Pepper's for example, and they have enough musicians on stage.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 29, 2010 07:08

Elvis Costello And The Attractions did a "Spinning Songbook" tour in the 80s. They literally had a big game show wheel with all the song titles on it, and invited audience members to come up and spin it. They would then play that song (and the lucky audience member would dance in a go-go cage or sit at a bar they had onstage - ok, you had to be there). Of course this only works with a really good band who is not afraid to play any of their material.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 29, 2010 17:25

Marhsall
I've brought this up before but how cool would it be to have a full choir on this song, at the last concert? It would be great!

Yuck.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:14

Funny funeral?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:21

71Tele
Elvis Costello And The Attractions did a "Spinning Songbook" tour in the 80s. They literally had a big game show wheel with all the song titles on it, and invited audience members to come up and spin it. They would then play that song (and the lucky audience member would dance in a go-go cage or sit at a bar they had onstage - ok, you had to be there). Of course this only works with a really good band who is not afraid to play any of their material.

part of a rotation of three types of shows he did on that tour. i saw the confederates show...

well, the answer is simple - mick should hire the attractions/imposters...they've already got the right name...

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:29

Marhsall

Also, what other songs could they do in the set list if this is it? And do it up like Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W...

Sure. Why not go all out and get the Morman Tabernacle.

Sheesh.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 30, 2010 01:54

R
Marhsall

Sure. Why not go all out and get the Morman Tabernacle.

Sheesh.

There's only way they could possibly do this that would be enjoyable; if they got all the kids who sang on the record to do it; all those fat, bald, 50-something kids who can't sing anymore. That would be something.

Date: July 30, 2010 02:36

I'm really surprised by the responses ...I thought the majority here would love to hear a choir live with this....

why all the negativity?

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 02:44

I've never liked the introduction with the choir, I always skip that part, Jagger said something like "It was a laugh" but I find it cheesy.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 30, 2010 03:36

Never mind the Mormon Tabernacle - get the originals! The London Bach Choir is still going strong, and you can see from their website that if you've got a good voice you might even be able to join up and get on stage...

[www.thebachchoir.org.uk]

This is the kind of conductor they're used to - but when the Stones decided on the spur of the moment that YCAGWYW needed a choir, they happened to be available - so they found themselves being directed by Maestro Jagger - an experience they found a bit puzzling, by all accounts. I wonder if any of those ladies are still in the choir?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 30, 2010 03:41

Zzzzzzzzzz......um....it's not the last tour

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 30, 2010 03:42

Merry Clayton on Gimme Shelter
Sugar Blue on Miss You

Date: July 30, 2010 04:16

Ive always found the choir so unique for the intro and it's beautiful to boot!

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 07:46

Last concert -Choir on Y.C.A.G.W.Y.W.

..sorry but no thanks

that would completely suck

Date: July 30, 2010 07:48

wow...........o.k....
i guess i'm the only one , that really surprises me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home