Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile documentary
Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: July 16, 2010 09:43

I love the doc. Great interviews for all those involved, some awesome background footage and the pics from tarle are amazing. I dont get the hate over it from some people? What do you want? What is missing? Tell me haters whats missing and is so bad about it?

Re: Exile documentary
Date: July 16, 2010 10:02

come on someone give me something.................

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 16, 2010 10:15

I don't hate it..sorry! ;-) I truely like In Exile! There's always people complaining! Enjoy the fact YOU like it and don't let it spoil by other people who wished MORE this, MORE that, Less this, less that !

Date: July 16, 2010 10:41

couldn't agree more. I was just a bit surprised by all the negative comments but I like your statement, and like you said basking in your own sunlight feels better than a tanning bed any day.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 16, 2010 10:58

If you search the forum there are several threads about the doc. I might be the reason for the lukewarm response to your question. But by all means, feel free to ask smiling smiley
Personally I liked the doc for what it is - a promo item. You get lulled into the feeling of being there even if the material is faked and edited to give the impression its from Nellcote. But then again, most of what you see on TV is just that - manipulated winking smiley

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 16, 2010 11:34

I enjoyed it but i would have added a bit more live stuff(All Down The Line maybe)and used much less of the fake basement footage which is pretty pointless in my opinion.

I do like the way that old Mick and Charlie at Olympic turn in the next shot to young Mick and Charlie and from then on your in 1971/72,it helps to create the right atmosphere for the film

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 16, 2010 17:34

I for one was very disappointed by it, I hated it... sorry... but I was happy to watch it, but thought "oh no they are faking many scenes" and they also tried to create the look of CS Blues with abrupt editing etc. It had some cool things in it but it was also a missed opportunity..... And the celebrity interviews! Not only were they unnessecary, there was way too much it.... Sorry to sound like Statler and Waldorf in the Muppets. It can get tlike that in here sometimes, yes it is true. But usually with good reason!

Date: July 16, 2010 18:16

still ill

I do like the way that old Mick and Charlie at Olympic turn in the next shot to young Mick and Charlie and from then on your in 1971/72,it helps to create the right atmosphere for the film

Yeah, that cut was NICE! I actually made a sound so strange upon seeing that sublime transition for the first time my girlfriend came running... hehe.
I also enjoyed the studio visits a lot (didnĀ“t moan though), including Stargrove. Should be our next common project, a sticky index of the different studioes RS has recorded in. I imagine there is a lot of interresting stuff lying around on our harddrives.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 16, 2010 19:03

I've only seen the cut shown on Jimmy Fallon, but I thought it was great.

Loved seeing the rare footage, and I had no problem with the "faked" stuff. You have to keep in mind that the film that we have was shot on 16mm, so there wasn't the same budget/ability to shoot everything like they do now.

Anyway, that new stuff had a great look/feel to it, and I don't think they were trying to fool anyone, just convey the mood of the sessions.

Celebrity interviews: didn't bother me. A good way to sell the album to a new generation. You can't just preach to the IORR choir and expect to move more than a hundred units.

Yes, and that's what it boils down to. Not a great work of art. But moving a bunch of units of a 38 year old album, and hoping you get enough people excited so you don't have to cut prices of what's left over in a warehouse.

Amazon sent me an email the other day. They have a discount on the "Special Edition." Glad I didn't buy it.

Date: July 16, 2010 20:44

loog droog

Amazon sent me an email the other day. They have a discount on the "Special Edition." Glad I didn't buy it.

What do you mean "special version"? The DVD version?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 16, 2010 21:06

I meant the Exile CD that came packaged with vinyl versions and a book.

The product that the DVD is promoting.

Date: July 16, 2010 22:34

Aha! Thanks for clarifying smiling smiley

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:09

bolexman
I for one was very disappointed by it, I hated it... sorry... but I was happy to watch it, but thought "oh no they are faking many scenes" and they also tried to create the look of CS Blues with abrupt editing etc. It had some cool things in it but it was also a missed opportunity..... And the celebrity interviews! Not only were they unnessecary, there was way too much it.... Sorry to sound like Statler and Waldorf in the Muppets. It can get tlike that in here sometimes, yes it is true. But usually with good reason!

Thanks for the Muppet reference! Love them!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:38

Now $144.58 for the Super Deluxe Edition...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 17, 2010 04:29

Ha ha ha ha - has anyone put it on youtube yet?

Date: July 17, 2010 21:55

dcba
Now $144.58 for the Super Deluxe Edition...

& they b!tched when the tix were $6.50 in 1972...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1328
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home