Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bruce Springsteen...London Callin´....
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 7, 2010 12:22

Well...that´s a SHOW...What a man...what a band!!! So much spirit...joy and surprises!!!

Re: Bruce Springsteen...London Callin´....
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 7, 2010 13:14

I also watched it yesterday and what a brilliant DVD!

I mean first of all it is a great concert obviously, but I also love the way the DVD is made - pretty much the other way round than what is usual today:

Most of the concert is in the daylight, so there is not much of light effects, there is no big LED screen except of the 2 screens on the sides of the stage. Bruce had a big LED screen behind the stage on this tour, but he dropped it for some reason on this concert and it really did no harm to the show. I love the way it is edited - no neurotic editing with 3 cuts each second as it is usually done. No, one actually has time to focus on what is on the screen. The director doesn't treat it as his personal show off and doesn't overload it with crappy camera effects as is also usual today. No, he captures the concert and that's it. Most of the focus is clearly on the Bruce, but the rest of the band gets decent coverage too. The shots are chosen logicaly - when there is a guitar solo, you see Little Steven or Nils, when there is sax solo, you see the big man and so on. There is a reasonable amount of the crowd shots to show the great spirit in the audiance, but thank God there is not too much of the audiance - like if you watch Macca DVD and more than half of the time you are forced to watch people wipping their tears and what is on the stage is left to your imagination. No, there are no let downs like that on this DVD (2 DVDs actually), the picture is very good for a live footage, the sound is great. I wish other bands would treat their DVDs that way.

Most importantly of course - the concert is great - great setlist, Bruce is in a great shape, his interaction with the crowd is amazing, he sings his a.. off and the rest of the band if on fire as is ususall for the E-street band.

I have only watched it once, but I think it is Bruce's best DVD so far and one of the best concertd DVDs ever. Highly recommended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-07 15:12 by Happy24.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: July 7, 2010 13:37

Can't wait to get it soon. It's my birthday in two weeks and this DVD is on the top of my wish list.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 7, 2010 14:10

Happy24
I have only watched it once, but I think it is Bruce's best DVD so far and one of the best concertd DVDs ever. Highly recommended.

thumbs up

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 7, 2010 14:26

It is an absolutely fantastic DVD!

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 7, 2010 14:37

This is great news, thanks for the helpful review. The Boss is fantastic!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 7, 2010 15:34

Fantastic!
Great songs, great Performance, great energy.
Maybe Jagger can learn something from Bruce's optimistic energy and contact with the audience !!
jeroen

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 7, 2010 15:40

I bought it on Blu Ray at mediamarkt in Essen the other day and was amazed! This is what a concert blu ray should be. It's true to the original experience. unlike U2's recent effort on Blu ray which is great but very surrealistic and here on London Calling it is like you are actually there!

I only wished they had chosen for the Giants Stadium show(s) of which tehre's one song on it and is shot amazingly and is a true Bruce concert , this was a festival in hyde Park. The HD quality of Giants Stadium also appears to be better, crisper and more dimensional!

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: July 7, 2010 16:07

Bjorn
So much spirit...joy and surprises!!!

you have almost perfectly described the experience of seeing BS and the ESB in concert. only word missing is "fun" - what rock n'roll should be!

can't wait to see it on Blueray

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 7, 2010 16:46

It's worth the 20 euros!!

Just like Stones at the mAx, really enjoyed that one on Blu ray and can't wait for Ladies & gentlemen! Was a bit dissapointed by Biggest Bang though!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 7, 2010 17:43

Thanks for the reviews. Been thinking about picking it up. Looksl ike I'm going to have to now.>grinning smiley<

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 8, 2010 02:38

I found a copy here in china,Im not much of a fan.but this dvd blew me away.what a fantastic show

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 8, 2010 03:13

I echo what everyone has said. Bought it on a whim, and had a blast watching it. Love the energy of that band.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 8, 2010 09:13

corriecas
Fantastic!
Great songs, great Performance, great energy.
Maybe Jagger can learn something from Bruce's optimistic energy and contact with the audience !!
jeroen

are you phuckin' kidding me? Jagger 'learn' performance from Springsteen?

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: July 8, 2010 10:14

Picked it up yesterday and watched it last night. One word: AMAZING. Utterly brilliant performance, editing, overall DVD.

Will he EVER come back to Australia? sad smiley

Date: July 8, 2010 15:16

Yep the DVD is great. Although I would prefer Bruce`s last shows at Barcelona Camp Nou / 2008, as the crowd there was going totally crazy. Hyde Park crowd partly seemed to be a bit boaring to me on this DVD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home