Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BOOTLEGS
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: July 13, 2010 04:09

Hi
What are some really excellent bootlegs avaialble for download that you would recommend? Anything Stones...

Re: BOOTLEGS
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 05:37

Liver than you´ll ever be 1969
Woodstock Reharlsals 1978
Voodoo Brew and Voodoo Stew 1994
The Babylon Reharsals 1997
Handsome Girls - 1978
Made in the Shade - 1978
Unsurpassed Masters - all collection
Ultra Rare Trax - All collection

etc, etc

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 13, 2010 06:27

Brussells - 73

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 13, 2010 06:54

All of these listed are great, especially the Brussells. I'm fond of the Hyde Park show for some of the rare songs, although Mick's voice was shot. Welcome Back to New York City is great for 1975 with a couple of songs from LA also. And if you can find Sparks Will Fly, this is a great soundboard of NJ show in 1994 which is basically the soundtrack to the video the Stones sold at the shows during that tour. Philidelphia 1972 is good as well.....so many Enjoy your search.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 06:55 by tumblingdice.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 13, 2010 07:57

L.A. Friday Night 7/13/75 (recorded on a Sunday)
Mick Taylor, We Miss You 7/21/72 Philly
Hampton 12/18/81
Leeds 3/13/71

Find them on bittorrent trackers. There are very few reasons to pay for bootlegs anymore.

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: July 13, 2010 08:05

There are NO reasons to pay for bootlegs anymore.

You can find everything you could ever be curious about if you look enough.
If it circulates, you can find it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2010 10:35

Essen 1970. Poor sound quality but one of their best live concerts ever. Stones playing like their life depends on it.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 13, 2010 10:43

carlostones10
Ultra Rare Trax - All collection

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 13, 2010 11:46

redsock

You can find everything you could ever be curious about if you look enough.
If it circulates, you can find it.

This is an interesting point. I used to purchase silver CDs because they were the only Stones bootlegs you could find in Melbourne... they would turn up at markets and such... But since the internet boom I have acquired a great collection of Stones bootlegs on FLAC. Anyway, I am a vinyl fan (nothing beats the warm sound of vinyl on a turntable) and I have always wondered how a vinyl Stones boot compares to a great FLAC? My suspicion is that the nature of vinyl bootlegs, and their means of production, means that a FLAC recording will sound better. I hope this doesn't sound contradictory to my love of vinyl records... its just that so many bootlegs are made from inferior sources, and I'm thinking digital technology allows them to be improved in quality. Would I be right in this assumption? Can anybody here please give their opinion on a vinyl vs.FLAC comparison, for a SPECIFIC bootleg?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 11:50 by bolexman.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 13, 2010 13:24

Philadelphia '89 Stadium Rehearsals, no audience, great sound, band quite good.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 14:03

Liver than you´ll ever be 2cd version
Altamont 1969
Leeds 1971
Charlotte NC 1972
Unsurpassed Masters all 7 volumes
Keep Your Motor Running 1972 tour
You Can't Do That Baby 1972 Tour
Perth, Australia 1973
Brussels Affair 1973
Whores, Cocaine, & A Bottle of Jack 1975
Earls Court 1976
Handsome Girls 1978
midnrambler's Lexington Kentucky 1978
Hampton VA 1981-12-18 1981
Jersey Devil 1981
Philadelphia Sept. 25 & 26 1981

Date: July 13, 2010 19:00

thanks for all of the great selections posted!
I still have to try and download the Dallas Rehearsals (from another posting)
from hungercity.org

then I have to figure out how to burn them onto a cd, never did this before

I have only ripped cd's and put on my mp3

Date: July 13, 2010 19:04

baxlap
Hampton 12/18/81
Leeds 3/13/71

Find them on bittorrent trackers. There are very few reasons to pay for bootlegs anymore.

can you please post the link for bittorrent trackers
thank you

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 13, 2010 19:07

marchbaby
baxlap
Hampton 12/18/81
Leeds 3/13/71

can you please post the link for bittorrent trackers
thank you

All those ones are available on "Hungercity".....I'll help you get them, just send me a PM once you are signed in there.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 13, 2010 19:15

It depends for a great deal on what kind of period you like the most and if you're looking for live or studio or audio or video material. I myself have downloaded here all my favourite stuff (the Taylor era but also much Jones era and some Wood era, especially the shows I've seen in 76 and 82). Take a look at the Hot Stuff side of the site (also called Buy/Sell/Trade Section). You'll find there almost everything you can imagine and it's all FOR FREE! After downloading you can burn CD's and DVD's if you want. The uploaders are such kind people, they even upload stuff if you ask them for it. When I surf to IORR I always firstly check the BST-section and many times I find something interesting. It's a wonderful place! One can't praise the uploaders enough. They're imo the beating heart of IORR.

PS: It took me some time to discover it all but you'll find it all out soon enough. Enjoy!

Date: July 13, 2010 19:39

kleermaker
It depends for a great deal on what kind of period you like the most and if you're looking for live or studio or audio or video material. I myself have downloaded here all my favourite stuff (the Taylor era but also much Jones era and some Wood era, especially the shows I've seen in 76 and 82). Take a look at the Hot Stuff side of the site (also called Buy/Sell/Trade Section). You'll find there almost everything you can imagine and it's all FOR FREE! After downloading you can burn CD's and DVD's if you want. The uploaders are such kind people, they even upload stuff if you ask them for it. When I surf to IORR I always firstly check the BST-section and many times I find something interesting. It's a wonderful place! One can't praise the uploaders enough. They're imo the beating heart of IORR.

PS: It took me some time to discover it all but you'll find it all out soon enough. Enjoy!

THANK YOU !!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 13, 2010 19:53

redsock

or newspapers. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 20:28

you mean live bootlegs?

to me that depends on sound quality; even if performances are great I can't listen to boots with cruddy sound;

I like these ones;

* Leeds 71
* Brussels 73
* Thank You Kindly Ahmet Artegun (72 one with Rocks Off and Don't Lie To Me)
* Handsome Girls (78 - Disc 1 and first 3 tracks of Disc 2)
* Hampton 81 (sounds ok I guess but I am not a big fan of that tour or the set list)
* No Smoking In Glasgow (2006)

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 13, 2010 21:34

stones77
you mean live bootlegs?

to me that depends on sound quality; even if performances are great I can't listen to boots with cruddy sound;

I like these ones;

* Leeds 71
* Brussels 73
* Thank You Kindly Ahmet Artegun (72 one with Rocks Off and Don't Lie To Me)
* Handsome Girls (78 - Disc 1 and first 3 tracks of Disc 2)
* Hampton 81 (sounds ok I guess but I am not a big fan of that tour or the set list)
* No Smoking In Glasgow (2006)

hi,

that is exactely my point of view. can´t listen to poor sound quality, no matter what kind of perfomance. i think you have to add "you can´t do that" or/and "keep your motoring running", but i also love the "ahmet artegun"-bootleg, tumbling dice is great on this one, hut mt-solo!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home