Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rehearsals in Dallas 1972
Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: July 12, 2010 15:57

Hi,
Anybody know where I can purchase the Rehearsals in Dallas 1972 2 CD Set?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Rehearsals in Dallas 1972
Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:28

Purchase or "purchase" as going onto our HotStuff forum and download/burn/print them yourselfwinking smiley ?

RB

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:35

this set should've been the Holy Grail of the Stones unreleased work yet somehow it doesn't click... sound is very good, setlist is awesome, but to say they are not tight is an understatement. they literally break loose on these sessions winking smiley

it's not a bad thing, but when I first put this bootleg on I was a little bored - and I know what rehearsals mean, I don't blame the Stones... I just... just... ya know.

Date: July 12, 2010 16:37

and when it comes to burning for yourself - yeah, it's the best option.
be sure to download FLACs so the quality is the highest possible and if you choose to record them on fine (usually more expensive) CDs it will be still cheaper and what's more important - even more safe. some of those CDs burned and kept properly can last really, really long.

Date: July 12, 2010 17:15

Thanks
What is the link to download ?

Date: July 12, 2010 17:51

Date: July 12, 2010 18:05

Amused: thank you

One more question

what are FLACs to download before downloading the music?

I'm new to this stuff.

thanks.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:21

@marchbaby; as Amused pointed out....you better prepare yourself for a disappointment - as these rehearsals are.....quite forgettable; if considering what the band was capable of in 1972. Most of this rehearsal is just "jams"....some guitar...some drums ....some tuning
There's only a couple of moments where it sounds great; the most famous one being "32-20 Blues"....which often is passed off as an "outtake" on bootlegs.
"Let It Loose" is also quite interesting, even if Jagger isn't singing all of the time.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:59

Erik_Snow
There's only a couple of moments where it sounds great; the most famous one being "32-20 Blues"....which often is passed off as an "outtake" on bootlegs.
"Let It Loose" is also quite interesting, even if Jagger isn't singing all of the time.

There is also "Ventilator Blues", "Key To The Highway", the "Torn And Frayed" rehearsals.
Quite instructive...

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 12, 2010 22:07

FLAC is the fileformat - Free Lossless Audio Codec. Several bootlegs are available in mp3 which is a lossy fileformat - its been compressed. FLAC ensures you get a better filequality, and for instance in the Hotstuff forum you can choose which format you want to download the bootleg/music in. If you are gonna listen to it on a portable device, eg Ipod, you must convert it to mp3 anyhow, so that might not be for you (but for your archive?). If your gonna burn a cd you should download the bootleg as FLAC, lossless.

Rb

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 12, 2010 22:10

marchbaby
Amused: thank you

One more question

what are FLACs to download before downloading the music?

I'm new to this stuff.

thanks.

The flacs are the actual sound files. Flac is a file format, which unlike mp3 is lossless -- it retains 100 % of the source quality. Actually, they are a bit like zip files, because you can unpack them and you will get wav files that you can burn an audio CD from if you want. To do this you will need the Flac application found at [flac.sourceforge.net]

You can also use a music player that supports flac and play them directly, just like mp3s.

Flacs are about 5 times as big as mp3s (or half as big as the original wav files), so the download will be a bit bigger than your average iTunes album.

Date: July 13, 2010 00:24

LieB=
thanks you!!!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 13, 2010 00:27

RobberBride
FLAC is the fileformat - Free Lossless Audio Codec. Several bootlegs are available in mp3 which is a lossy fileformat - its been compressed. FLAC ensures you get a better filequality, and for instance in the Hotstuff forum you can choose which format you want to download the bootleg/music in. If you are gonna listen to it on a portable device, eg Ipod, you must convert it to mp3 anyhow, so that might not be for you (but for your archive?). If your gonna burn a cd you should download the bootleg as FLAC, lossless.

Rb

Robber
thanks i appreciate the advise and help
I'm a newbie to this stuff.I could just buy it from this other site
but it's almost $40 and I'm tight on money like the rest of us smiling smiley
have a great evening!

Date: July 13, 2010 00:37

Amused
[www.hungercity.org]

AMUSED,

I tried to go to the above site, my verizon fios virus program gave me the following:

Why This Page Could Not Be Displayed:

The website was denied because of the banned sites categories your administrator has selected.

You will not be able to reach websites which fall under banned categories unless your administrator removes the ban on those categories.

Site Categorization:
Loophole
Message/Bulletin Boards

Going to ask the hubby to unlock whatever this is.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:20

One of my favorite renditions of tumbling dice comes from this set I believe. Love the laid back, bluesy flow of it and Mick's singing...

Date: July 13, 2010 01:33

tumblingdice
One of my favorite renditions of tumbling dice comes from this set I believe. Love the laid back, bluesy flow of it and Mick's singing...

....you are thinking about the Montreux rehearsals, one month earlier....which is also available on DVD
yes, that's a great and fresh Tumbling Dice - actually both of the takes

Date: July 13, 2010 01:37

they probably ban torrent sites because most of the stuff there is illegal. however you need to contact administrator because everything on HungerCity is legal.

Date: July 13, 2010 01:41

@Amused; no - not everything on Hungercity is legal.....but 98% maybe.
Only DIME has that 100% policy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 01:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:47

Ventilator Blues from the Dallas Rehearsals:

Date: July 13, 2010 01:56

kleermaker

DANG - I always get scared when Jagger's voice comes in; I almost fell of my chair....! So watch out, everybody

Sounds like somebody standing next to me - so much louder than the instruments.

Date: July 13, 2010 02:19

Erik_Snow
kleermaker

DANG - I always get scared when Jagger's voice comes in; I almost fell of my chair....! So watch out, everybody

Sounds like somebody standing next to me - so much louder than the instruments.

Especially when you, like me, listen to it with earphones!

Date: July 13, 2010 02:19

Erik_Snow

yeah, actually I thought about it but wanted to keep it shhhh ;^)
I don't love Dime for their strict policy.

when it comes to HC it's very well thought because there's almost zero chance that anyone will complain about alternate mixes being shared for free and if anyone complains it's immediately removed, simple as that.

that was the case with Mick Taylor's 2nd album sessions (wonderful stuff) that were put down from Dime some time ago. I was mighty lucky to be fast enough to download it in time.

by the way Erik, I know you're moderating HC, do you know about any legal issues the site had? it's very interesting.

Date: July 13, 2010 02:24

Amused
Erik_Snow

yeah, actually I thought about it but wanted to keep it shhhh ;^)
I don't love Dime for their strict policy.

when it comes to HC it's very well thought because there's almost zero chance that anyone will complain about alternate mixes being shared for free and if anyone complains it's immediately removed, simple as that.

that was the case with Mick Taylor's 2nd album sessions (wonderful stuff) that were put down from Dime some time ago. I was mighty lucky to be fast enough to download it in time.

by the way Erik, I know you're moderating HC, do you know about any legal issues the site had? it's very interesting.

So it was you Erik, who has thrown me off of HC! (I wasn't aware of the rules, just a newbie in torrent-country)

Date: July 13, 2010 02:30

@Amused, the Taylor torrent was removed because Mick Taylor himself, or somebody very close to him, didn't want it spread any further

Date: July 13, 2010 02:34

kleermaker
Amused
So it was you Erik, who has thrown me off of HC! (I wasn't aware of the rules, just a newbie in torrent-country)

No, not at all - I have never kicked anybody out, or taken a part of any such discussion.

But there are "rules" at all trackers, you know. You should have been informed about whatever the problem was, before being kicked out though.

Date: July 13, 2010 02:38

Erik_Snow
kleermaker
Amused

No, not at all - I have never kicked anybody out, or taken a part of any such discussion.

But there are "rules" at all trackers, you know. You should have been informed about whatever the problem was, before being kicked out though.

No, I was thrown off just like that, without any warning before. They did it all at the same time. But it was my own fault, so I don't complain. Having made a fault there you don't get a second chance. A direct red card, so to speak.

Date: July 13, 2010 02:43

Kleermaker, I'm not in charge or anything, I just do some things there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 02:53 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 13, 2010 02:54

the gimme shelter instrumental is some fine music on this set IMO

Date: July 13, 2010 03:01

Erik_Snow
Kleermaker, I'm not in charge or anything, I just do some things there.

It's okay Erik, just teasing. No problem of course.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 13, 2010 04:29

melillo
the gimme shelter instrumental is some fine music on this set IMO

yep - very much agree.

The Let It Loose stuff is brilliant also...even though it's made up of many takes. Jagger gets right into the song at times.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home