Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: How many of us will go and see the stones on their next tour?
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:03

I'll go.

Would love a arena tour with a 25-30 gig residency at the O2 at the end.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:04

Count me in.

Cant miss.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:26

I will go, 200 %.
Better if with a new album, but i will go

Posted by: RiverStone ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:36

Of course we should be there ¡¡¡

They gave us too much, to we leave them alone right nowwinking smiley

Date: July 12, 2010 16:36

When the Stones tour U.S.A.(2011? 2012?) I will be there.

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:37

I would go, yes.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:38

I am going

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 12, 2010 17:46

Does a bear shit in the woods ?
Is the pope a catholic ?
Yes, Yes, of course I will be there.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 12, 2010 17:49

If they play in Sweden I'd probably go, but no more trips for me overseas to the see the band due to the fact that the guys are pushing 70 and consequently shows might be postponed or cancelled.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: July 12, 2010 17:51

Pgarof - I am with you all the way on this one... can't wait!!!!

"...till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 12, 2010 17:56

I'm there.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 17:58

I will be there!

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:04

I would love to see them again.

"This could be the last time. Maybe the last time. I don't know..."

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:09

Of course I will be there. In a wild stadium.

Posted by: Italystonesfan ()
Date: July 12, 2010 21:16

I will certainly go to 1 or 2 shows in southern Europe , say Italy ( if any ) , France , Spain , Swiss.
AS an option I would also consider one of the tour final shows ( In UK I suppose )

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 12, 2010 22:36

leteyer
I'll go.

Would love a arena tour with a 25-30 gig residency at the O2 at the end.

The same 02 where they barely managed to sell out 3 nights in 2007?

Nice idea, but when Prince can fill the place for 21 nights for £31.21 a ticket and the Stones can only manage three at £150 a ticket, then the ball is in the Stones' court to change their modus operandi to enable them to pull off a residency anywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-12 22:46 by Gazza.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 12, 2010 22:38

Depends what kind of show it will be.
Will there be a new record?
Will it be a show where Keith barely plays?
Will it be a show where the backing musicians do more and more?

If it will be more or like a circus, I would say no.

Date: July 12, 2010 22:39

pgarof
bv
I will. If nobody cares then they will scale down to club shows so that would be great, less pressure for tickets...

If they did a theatre tour or club tour thay would be sold out in seconds with hundreds of people queing on the streets just like in the sixties

Why would hundreds of people queue for a show thats going to be sold out in a few seconds? Pretty much no one but the first two or three people would have a chance.

Date: July 12, 2010 22:44

pgarof
I think an arena tour would be a good move, they would sell out for sure, i saw them at wembley in 2003, it was a very basic stage but it was the best i have seen them for years, great sound!

Agree 100%. Wembley 29/8/03 was probably the best Stones gig I've ever seen. The other arena shows I saw on that tour were superb too. But 2003 is a long time ago when you're pushing 70 and in questionable health.

pgarof
but as i said, don't care if they play stadiums, if it was half empty I would still be there.

Thats where we differ. Its gonna take something special to get me anywhere near a Stones stadium gig again.

And if its half empty, the chances of it being 'mysteriously' cancelled for tenuous reasons are quite high.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 12, 2010 22:47

Gazza
pgarof
bv
I will. If nobody cares then they will scale down to club shows so that would be great, less pressure for tickets...

If they did a theatre tour or club tour thay would be sold out in seconds with hundreds of people queing on the streets just like in the sixties

Why would hundreds of people queue for a show thats going to be sold out in a few seconds? Pretty much no one but the first two or three people would have a chance.
Well, Gazza... In Stockholm, before the Cirkus show, they sold around 100 tickets to people who had lined up outside. At about £ 50. I know several people who got their tickets that way - and some of them are even on this board.
And I guess it doesn't come as a surprise when I say: Yes, I'll go! I'll see the Stones as many times as possible. Because it gives me great pleasure. I LOVE seing them. Stadium, arena, club - oil platform (Katie Melua had a gig 500 feet beneath the ocean in a platform leg...) I'll be there.

Date: July 12, 2010 22:47

Gazza
pgarof
I think an arena tour would be a good move, they would sell out for sure, i saw them at wembley in 2003, it was a very basic stage but it was the best i have seen them for years, great sound!

Agree 100%. Wembley 29/8/03 was probably the best Stones gig I've ever seen. The other arena shows I saw on that tour were superb too. But 2003 is a long time ago when you're pushing 70 and in questionable health.

pgarof
but as i said, don't care if they play stadiums, if it was half empty I would still be there.

Thats where we differ. Its gonna take something special to get me anywhere near a Stones stadium gig again.

And if its half empty, the chances of it being 'mysteriously' cancelled for tenuous reasons are quite high.
Worse than being cancelled. It will leave a sad Stones memory - being a band ending up with little audience.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 12, 2010 22:50

Gazza
pgarof

pgarof

You old synic you

Date: July 12, 2010 22:59

pgarof
Gazza
pgarof

pgarof

You old synic you

LOL...well it happened a few times on the last tour. Ask the Hawaiians!

Even as far back as 1990, poor selling shows in Dublin and Italy were pulled for quite ludicrous 'scheduling reasons' (they'll never admit to 'poor sales' as a factor).

Date: July 12, 2010 23:01

"You old synic you"

Business is "being synical" - else you don't survive.

Date: July 12, 2010 23:03

Addicted
Gazza
pgarof
bv

Well, Gazza... In Stockholm, before the Cirkus show, they sold around 100 tickets to people who had lined up outside. At about £ 50. I know several people who got their tickets that way - and some of them are even on this board.

If they announce they'd release EXTRA tickets on the day of the show - thats a different matter. It happened on most theatre shows on the Licks tour (I think New York and London were exceptions)

Queueing for a show thats weeks or months away on the day that tickets go on sale, if theyre also available online, is a different matter though. I've been to shows by major artists where literally only the first 3 or 4 people in the queue managed to get tickets.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:09

As long as they're able and I'm able ......

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:19

I know there are people on here saying they will not go to another stadium gig, lets just wait and see, I can remember being on this board during their last tour and there were people giving a song by song rundown as they were watching with comments like 'Keiths on fire' . How can anyone not go when we're all wrapped up in the hystiria of it all?

Date: July 12, 2010 23:20

..because when a tour starts we suspend all logic!thumbs up

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 23:21

I will

Date: July 12, 2010 23:41

I will so be going!! Never seen them before! grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home