Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-New Jerry Lee Lewis Album due 31th August
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: July 11, 2010 21:21

Re: OT-New Jerry Lee Lewis Album due 31th August
Date: July 11, 2010 22:02

cool, i liked his last album

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 12, 2010 00:21

Wonder if Sweet Viginia that Jagger mentioned made the cut ?.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 12, 2010 00:25

This is listed as a Verve release. The session with Jagger was produced by Jimmy Rip for Shangri La Entertainment. Unless Verve took over distribution of Shangri La, I suspect this might be a different release. Either way its always good to hear something new from The Killer.

Date: July 12, 2010 10:40

Rocky Dijon
This is listed as a Verve release. The session with Jagger was produced by Jimmy Rip for Shangri La Entertainment. Unless Verve took over distribution of Shangri La, I suspect this might be a different release. Either way its always good to hear something new from The Killer.
No, it´s the real one. Shangri La is distributed through Universal and Universal releases the album on Verve, That´s all. Sweet Virginia will also be on it, believe me... Jerry also recorded Dead Flowers but I don´t know if it will be on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-12 10:42 by bluesinc..

Date: July 12, 2010 10:49

Whooooooo Dead Flowers also .... Go KILLER ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 12, 2010 16:58

funny, I was listening to his Last Man Standing album today and the performance at the Star Club '64 yesterday. the craziest and fastest rock and roll ever vs. slow country album... I'm crazy about this guy.

his performance with Keith on "That Kind Of Fool" - a masterpiece! ;^)

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:01

Worth to go? Jerry will come.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 12, 2010 19:31

Thanks very much, bluesinc. That's great news!

Date: July 13, 2010 11:29

European tour is cancelled!!!

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:55

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 13, 2010 15:56

I last heard the new Mean Old Man album was delayed 'till October/November??

Date: July 13, 2010 21:13

susannewortmann
I last heard the new Mean Old Man album was delayed 'till October/November??
His last one Last Man Standing was also delayed for, let´s say years. First it was called Old Glory, then Redemption, then there was the idea of The Pilgrim, at least it was LMS in 2006. first heard of the sessions in 2002

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 14, 2010 00:08

bluesinc.

European tour is cancelled!!!

Is this true???
I was prepared to buy tickets to see him in Athenssad smiley

Date: July 14, 2010 18:17

yes, true. i won´t post rumours

Dear Fans,
Last night the management of Jerry Lee Lewis and his daughter Phoebe Lewis has informed us that Jerry is unable to make his European Summertour starting in Belgium Saturday july 17 and finishing in Finland on august 1st.

Jerry is suffering from SHINGLES (acute vesicular inflammation), very painfull and it causes also problems with his heart.
Jerry had a 3 hours surgery yesterday in the Hospital in Memphis and his docters have advised him NOT to do the tour at this moment.They have told him that everything will be fine again in one month.

I also spoke to Jerry personal last night, he was very depressed and sad that he had to cancel his summertour.Please understand that Jerry Lee Lewis has not been ill during the last FIVE years.

I spoke to the Agent Steven Green and to Jerry’s manager Phoebe Lewis and both advised me to postphone the tour to NOVEMBER 2010,just a couple of months later.

Important reason to do it NOVEMBER is also that JERRY LEE LEWIS brandnew CD and DVD MEAN OLD MAN will be released WORLDWIDE in the FIRST week of september.

So to do the concerts in november that will give Jerry Lee Lewis a HUGHES publicity with the new album and the promoters enough time to reschedule the venue.

Diba International Concerts
www.diba.nl

Date: July 14, 2010 20:17

That's very sad!
Hope he will be fine soon!

Date: July 15, 2010 10:53

news for all o f us killer fans....

Tracklisting

[www.soundspike.com]

Chris de B

Jerry Lee Lewis backed by all-star lineup on new album
Story by Rob Evans
SoundSpike Editor
Published July 14, 2010 04:33 PM
Some of the biggest names in rock, blues and country back up legendary rock 'n' roller Jerry Lee Lewis [ tickets ] on his forthcoming album, "Mean Old Man," due in stores Sept. 7.

Produced by Jim Keltner and Steve Bing in Memphis and Los Angeles, the album features a list of side musicians, writers and back-up singers that includes Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Sheryl Crow, John Fogerty, Merle Haggard, Tim McGraw, Willie Nelson, Keith Richards, Robbie Robertson, Slash, Mavis Staples, John Mayer, Solomon Burke, Kid Rock, Ringo Starr, Nils Lofgren, Kris Kristofferson and Shelby Lynne.
The title track, penned by Kristofferson and featuring Ronnie Wood, is streaming at Lewis' website.

The album will be released as a 10-track standard CD and an 18-track deluxe set. The track listing and guests on each are listed below.

Lewis is currently touring Europe; his full itinerary is at right.

18-track deluxe
1. "Mean Old Man" w. Ronnie Wood (written by Kris Kristofferson)
2. "You Can Have Her" w. Eric Clapton/James Burton
3. "Dead Flowers" w. Mick Jagger
4. "Middle Age Crazy" w. Tim McGraw/Jon Brion
5. "Rockin' My Life Away" w. Kid Rock/Slash
6. "You Are My Sunshine" w. Sheryl Crow/Jon Brion
7. "Swinging Doors" w. Merle Haggard/James Burton
8. "Hold You In My Heart" w. Shelby Lynne
9. "I Really Don't Want To Know" w. Gillian Welch
10. "Railroad to Heaven" w. Solomon Burke
11. "Sweet Virginia" w. Keith Richards
12. "Roll Over Beethoven" w. Ringo Starr/John Mayer/Jon Brion
13. "Bad Moon Rising" w. John Fogerty
14. "Please Release Me" w. Gillian Welch
15. "Whiskey River" w. Willie Nelson
16. "Sunday Morning Coming Down"
17. "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" w. Mavis Staples/Robbie Robertson/Nils Lofgren
18. "Miss The Mississippi and You"

10-track standard
1. "Mean Old Man" w. Ronnie Wood (written by Kris Kristofferson)
2. "You Can Have Her" w. Eric Clapton/James Burton
3. "Sweet Virginia" w. Keith Richards
4. "Rockin' My Life Away" w. Kid Rock/Slash
5. "Roll Over Beethoven" w. Ringo Starr/John Mayer/Jon Brion
6. "Bad Moon Rising" w. John Fogerty
7. "Dead Flowers" w. Mick Jagger
8. "You Are My Sunshine" w. Sheryl Crow/Jon Brion
9. "Whiskey River" w. Willie Nelson
10. "Middle Age Crazy" w. Tim McGraw/Jon Brion

iTunes Bonus track:
11. Here Comes That Rainbow w. Shelby Lynne

Date: July 15, 2010 11:06

Wow there's some good lookin' stuff on there...

Dead Flowers with Micko
Sweet Virginia with Keef
Swingin' Doors with Merle...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 15, 2010 11:23

Oh Yes!

Lookin' forward to this one. I'm generally not keen on heaps of famous guest artistes - usually results in a bland outcome. The Killer is the exception, though. Regardless of who he's collaborating with, it'll be HIS album!

Date: July 15, 2010 13:34

Rockman
Wow there's some good lookin' stuff on there...

Dead Flowers with Micko
Sweet Virginia with Keef
Swingin' Doors with Merle...........

Hi!
Swingin doors is already released on the Mean Old Man EP!!

Date: July 16, 2010 01:10

In 1968, Jerry Lee Lewis rebounded from a decade of bad press when he scored his first country hit, "Another Place Another Time." The success kicked off a string of 30 Top 10 country successes, including the Number One single "To Make Love Sweeter For You." The 74-year-old legend will return to the genre for the first time in decades this fall with his new album Mean Old Man. Like 2006's Last Man Standing, Mean Old Man finds Lewis teaming up with an iconic lineup that this time includes three Rolling Stones, Merle Haggard, Eric Clapton and Ringo Starr.

Keep up with Rolling Stone's news in photos in Random Notes.

Keith Richards plays guitar on the Stones' country-tinged classic "Sweet Virginia" while Mick Jagger sings on "Dead Flowers." Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood contributes on "Mean Old Man," a track Kris Kristofferson penned for the disc. Eric Clapton and James Burton provide backup guitars on "You Can Have Her." Ringo Starr and John Mayer appear on "Roll Over Beethoven," while country legends Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson sing on "Swinging Doors" and "Whiskey River," respectively. Kid Rock and Slash show up on "Rockin' My Life Away." Jim Keltner and Steve Bing produced the disc, recording with Lewis in Memphis and L.A. It will be released two ways: as an 18-track deluxe version and a 10-track standard edition on September 7th via Verve/Universal Music.

Lewis was initially a rock & roller with chart-topping Fifties hits like "Great Balls of Fire," "Whole Lotta Shaking Goin On" and "High School Confidential." DJs and record distributors abandoned him in 1958 after the press discovered he'd married his 13-year-old second cousin. When Rolling Stone profiled the piano-burning legend in 2006, he was grateful country fans gave him a second chance.

Check out Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

"My fans never stopped lovin' me," he said. "They always came to my shows. They didn't always get my records, 'cause [Sam Phillips] dropped all his distributors and wouldn't release anything. When I moved on to Mercury records in 1963 and started recording some country, my style of country, and some rock & roll too, one of them songs ['Another Place and Another Time'] sold a million copies right off the press. That tells you something is wrong."

[www.rollingstone.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 16, 2010 02:53

Thanks for posting the tracklist, bluesinc - that's the closest we've gotten to a new Rolling Stones album without it being one, since the Chieftain's release in 1995....looks very interesting. Hope Jerry Lee himself is able to make it swing as well

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 16, 2010 08:46

I hope they recorded some of the tracks together this time, as in, in the same room. I was excited to hear "Evening Gown," but can't listen to it since it sounds as if JLL and mick are on different continents, which they probably were.

Date: July 16, 2010 11:14

cc
I hope they recorded some of the tracks together this time, as in, in the same room. I was excited to hear "Evening Gown," but can't listen to it since it sounds as if JLL and mick are on different continents, which they probably were.

Right, Last man standing was mostly done this way. They recorded most of the tracks and added later the duet parts (in most cases). That´s also why it was delayed so long.
Mean old man is made, and i say it carefully, the same way but has a lot more interesting tracklist.

Date: July 16, 2010 11:15

if somebody is interested, most of my information i´m getting on this beautiful forum [www.topfreeforum.com]

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: July 16, 2010 11:58

Go Killer go! Show all the little boys what real R'n'R means!

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: July 18, 2010 22:05

Just listened to Live At The Star Club again, WOW!

Date: July 19, 2010 01:21

bluesinc.

Dear Fans,
Last night the management of Jerry Lee Lewis and his daughter Phoebe Lewis has informed us that Jerry is unable to make his European Summertour starting in Belgium Saturday july 17 and finishing in Finland on august 1st.

Jerry is suffering from SHINGLES (acute vesicular inflammation), very painfull and it causes also problems with his heart.
Jerry had a 3 hours surgery yesterday in the Hospital in Memphis and his docters have advised him NOT to do the tour at this moment.They have told him that everything will be fine again in one month.

I also spoke to Jerry personal last night, he was very depressed and sad that he had to cancel his summertour.Please understand that Jerry Lee Lewis has not been ill during the last FIVE years.

I spoke to the Agent Steven Green and to Jerry’s manager Phoebe Lewis and both advised me to postphone the tour to NOVEMBER 2010,just a couple of months later.

Important reason to do it NOVEMBER is also that JERRY LEE LEWIS brandnew CD and DVD MEAN OLD MAN will be released WORLDWIDE in the FIRST week of september.

So to do the concerts in november that will give Jerry Lee Lewis a HUGHES publicity with the new album and the promoters enough time to reschedule the venue.

www.diba.nl

I don't get it!
Jerry's official site and pollstar have the tour still on!!!
[www.pollstar.com]

Date: July 19, 2010 09:47

dimrstone
bluesinc.

Dear Fans,

www.diba.nl

I don't get it!
Jerry's official site and pollstar have the tour still on!!!
[www.pollstar.com]

When you´re common with JLL.com you will know that there are updates late if there any. The tour is cancelled also all concert in the USA until october I think.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home