Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones and Washing Dishes
Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: June 17, 2010 07:04

So, last night I washed dishes and I always find myself putting on Undercover. The first three songs really get ya going. When I hear SWH and IWHY I can't help but turn it up. I really do like this album. What is your fav???

Re: Stones and Washing Dishes
Posted by: crackedglauzer ()
Date: June 17, 2010 07:16

All The Way Down!!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2010 07:47

......Awwwww well keep at it .... Little Richard started out washin' dishes ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2010 08:39

For washing dishes, I think it's more appropriate to use Mick's solo efforts, songs like "Let's Work".

That gets my dander up!

And if any of the dishes get broke, when I'm washing, I put on "Throwaway".

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: crackedglauzer ()
Date: June 17, 2010 09:04

treaclefingers
For washing dishes, I think it's more appropriate to use Mick's solo efforts, songs like "Let's Work".

That gets my dander up!

And if any of the dishes get broke, when I'm washing, I put on "Throwaway".

>grinning smiley<

I do agree.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 17, 2010 12:37

Stones should be required listening for professional dishwashers:

Restaurant dishwasher

Called “dish pigs” because they have their hands in human leftovers all day, restaurant dishwashers have a horrible job. They scrub burnt saucepans, dip their fingers into corrosive cleaning solutions, inhale chemical solvents and, worst of all, empty fryer grease into a “grease pit” that smells somewhere between vomit and rotten meat. Dishwashers also work in high-stress conditions with wait staff and cooks putting constant demands on them for everything from cutlery to pans. They can also be easily injured, cutting or nicking themselves with knives, and scalding themselves on hot pans. But Band-Aids and gauze don’t help because they have to plunge their hands right back into dish muck. Of course, this guarantees their infection. So, what do they get for their toil at this horrible job? They don’t clean up at all, making around 17K a year.

[www.askmen.com]

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 17, 2010 12:51

I thought this was a thread about whether the Stones themselves wash dishes at home! Does anyone know?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-17 12:52 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2010 14:21

Never fun washin' plates after Spaghetti Bolognese .....esp if ya leave 'em till the next day....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 17, 2010 14:47

clapton71
So, last night I washed dishes and I always find myself putting on Undercover. The first three songs really get ya going. When I hear SWH and IWHY I can't help but turn it up. I really do like this album. What is your fav???

Try Dirty Work next time - should work quite good until you get to "Dirty Work" (the song) when you start looking around to find some loser, find some jerk, find some dumbass doin' it all for free.

you'll be done when ya get to "Had It With You" winking smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 17, 2010 16:57

>> I thought this was a thread about whether the Stones themselves wash dishes at home! Does anyone know? <<

you should read James Phelge's book Nankering with the Stones -
the preferred technique at Edith Grove was to throw the dirty dishes out the window :E

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 17, 2010 17:24

with sssoul
>> I thought this was a thread about whether the Stones themselves wash dishes at home! Does anyone know? <<

you should read James Phelge's book Nankering with the Stones -
the preferred technique at Edith Grove was to throw the dirty dishes out the window :E

I believe Beethoven used to let masses of dirty dishes pile up in the kicthen...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2010 17:41

open-g
clapton71

Try Dirty Work next time - should work quite good until you get to "Dirty Work" (the song) when you start looking around to find some loser, find some jerk, find some dumbass doin' it all for free.

you'll be done when ya get to "Had It With You" winking smiley

Nice work! although I still prefer the solo Mick previously identified.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home