Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

passing it on
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 27, 2010 16:09

My 14 year old son has been reading some of the online comments/promotion for Exile in the past 2 or 3 weeks . I noticed my "car copy" of the virgin reissue had disappeared and sounds as if it's on a permanent loop on his laptop. I purposely didn't pass any comment until this morning. I asked what he thought of it and his answer took me back 30 years - " I thought it sounded a complete mess at first and didn't get all the fuss, but now it's growing on me "

I bought Exile when I was 15 back in 1980 . It was a big expense as a dbl. EMI back catalogue LP when I only had a Saturday job and I remember putting it back in the rack,disappointed and getting Let it Bleed back on the turntable ,but it kept pulling me back and still is today.
I'm a very happy Stones fan and Dad today.

sc uk

Re: passing it on
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 27, 2010 16:13

Shine a light, soundtrack led my son into Stones this year...Of course I played some at home also but he find it on the net...

Re: passing it on
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 27, 2010 17:17

That's great! I'm hoping for the same when my son is a teenager - but I'm hopeful, yesterday I heard him singing "whose potatoes are you peeling". :-)

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home