Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

passing it on
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 27, 2010 16:09

My 14 year old son has been reading some of the online comments/promotion for Exile in the past 2 or 3 weeks . I noticed my "car copy" of the virgin reissue had disappeared and sounds as if it's on a permanent loop on his laptop. I purposely didn't pass any comment until this morning. I asked what he thought of it and his answer took me back 30 years - " I thought it sounded a complete mess at first and didn't get all the fuss, but now it's growing on me "

I bought Exile when I was 15 back in 1980 . It was a big expense as a dbl. EMI back catalogue LP when I only had a Saturday job and I remember putting it back in the rack,disappointed and getting Let it Bleed back on the turntable ,but it kept pulling me back and still is today.
I'm a very happy Stones fan and Dad today.

sc uk

Re: passing it on
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 27, 2010 16:13

Shine a light, soundtrack led my son into Stones this year...Of course I played some at home also but he find it on the net...

Re: passing it on
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 27, 2010 17:17

That's great! I'm hoping for the same when my son is a teenager - but I'm hopeful, yesterday I heard him singing "whose potatoes are you peeling". :-)

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1201
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home