Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith interview on absoluteradio (UK)
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 16, 2010 14:35

Nice interview on absoluteradio.

Here's the link : [www.absoluteradio.co.uk]

Re: Keith interview on absoluteradio (UK)
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:15

This is great, barbabang - thanks so much for posting. Most questions are the same as ever (can't imagine what a drag that must be).

Highlights:

1. Trivia: Keith expected they'd be able to find a good recording studio in Canne, Nice, Marseilles, or Monte Carlo. They did not

KEITH: --which sort of shocked us y'know, because they're big cities y'know, but recording is not their business down there.

2. Trivia: It was actually quite cool--not hot--down in the basement, albeit "a bit stuffy."

3. This took my breath away for a moment--but Keith firmly does the right thing.

INTERVIEWER: In hindsight, with the hangers on, people like Gram Parson, were they more a help, or were they a hindrance, like recording an album in front of a studio audien--"

KEITH (interrupting rapidly): I, I, I, no no--I certainly wouldn't want to call Gram Parsons a hanger on. That's silly--he was a guest.

4. Trivia: while the Stones sometimes play "Rip This Joint" when they're rehearsing, Keith hadn't listened to Exile in its entirety for a really long time (and was surprised at "how well it held up" )

5. On Ron Wood

INTERVIEWER: I don't know whether you know--Ronnie Wood is a DJ here

KEITH: --he's in JAIL? (har har har har) I thought you said he was in jail again!

INTERVEIWER: No! (not this week)

(both laugh)

INTERVIEW: He has a really fantastic show here Saturday nights...He really loves being in the band, I can tell you that.

(no response from Keith)

- swiss

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-17 03:20 by swiss.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:21

poor Ronnie ...............

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:24

**Trivia: It was actually quite cool--not hot--down in the basement, albeit "a bit stuffy."***

So the stories about it being so overheated that Jagger sang/recorded in the nude are bollocks? ...

Date: May 17, 2010 03:25

redsock
**Trivia: It was actually quite cool--not hot--down in the basement, albeit "a bit stuffy."***

So the stories about it being so overheated that Jagger sang/recorded in the nude are bollocks? ...

Unless we see the photos... winking smiley

Date: May 17, 2010 03:32

Deathgod
poor Ronnie ...............

I know...made me cringe a teeny bit. Almost like Ronnie asked the interviewer to put in a word for him with Keith.

The last line of the interview is the interviewer saying something like "Keith, don't be a stranger--hey: Ronnie has a show! maybe you can some in and to do a show, like Ronnie!" and Keith's like "harr haarrr - ohhh my dear...arright then guys, cheers!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home