Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
everywhere i see nowadays the famous "Stones"-Logo. What happened? ?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: April 19, 2010 20:40

Well, living in a small city in Germany, I realized in the last months how many People ( esp. "Teens" and "Twens") are wearing sweaters, -t-Shirts etc. with the famous "Stones-tongue. never saw so many before..Dont think that 10% of them knows, who the "stones"are. Why could this happen?

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Re: everywhere i see nowadays the famous "Stones"-Logo. What happened? ?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 19, 2010 20:44

it's just become a very fashionable logo in recent years with the kids. the logo promises to outlive the music....decades from now the stones will only be known for their logo. what? you say they played music too? coool...never knew that!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-19 21:47 by StonesTod.

Date: April 19, 2010 20:56

think, the stones earn a lot of money with that merchandize!!??

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 20, 2010 08:16

Last year I brought a pair of jeans with JAGGER written on them in big letters on the inside waist area should of brought a few pairs because they are well worn out now.They had others with Hendrix..etc.they are quite cool.Also got a green army jacket with JAGGER on the top left pocket.Had a few people wanting to buy it..but the answers always no.smoking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 20, 2010 17:51

colonial
Last year I brought a pair of jeans with JAGGER written on them in big letters on the inside waist area should of brought a few pairs because they are well worn out now.They had others with Hendrix..etc.they are quite cool.Also got a green army jacket with JAGGER on the top left pocket.Had a few people wanting to buy it..but the answers always no.smoking smiley

That brand ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:39

Not to be confused with Jaeger...

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:55

StonesTod
it's just become a very fashionable logo in recent years with the kids.
i don't think that's true. i live in a big city and i rarely see kids with stones logos on their clothes. the image of Che Guevara is somewhat popular in fashion, but not the stones logo. to say it's "everywhere" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Date: April 20, 2010 18:58

WeLoveYou
Not to be confused with Jaeger...

Yes, & surely not with

grinning smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:02

it depends on where you live. here in germany it's really all over the place...

Date: April 20, 2010 19:04

hockenheim95
it depends on where you live. here in germany it's really all over the place...
The brand is from Serbia,isn't it ?
Don't know where to find it in my hometown ,hopefully there are web sites !

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:42

bernardanderson
StonesTod
it's just become a very fashionable logo in recent years with the kids.
i don't think that's true. i live in a big city and i rarely see kids with stones logos on their clothes. the image of Che Guevara is somewhat popular in fashion, but not the stones logo. to say it's "everywhere" is a bit of an exaggeration.

it's almost everywhere, then - everywhere except your big city....

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: April 20, 2010 20:29

I see it very often over here too on the streets. Mostly teenage girls.. It kinda pisses me off that people abuses the logo.. I would not want meself to be mixed up with some fashion idiot because of my stones-worship winking smiley

Date: April 20, 2010 21:07

i asked a little girl today, why she wear this t-Shirt.---The answer--believe it or not--"Rolling stones are the greatest Rockn Roll Band--LIVE!!..She was just 15-19

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 21:18

kids are slowy waking up from the synthetic decade of music (2000-2010) i think those rockband and guitar hero games have helped alot

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 21:22

Me and my wife were invited to a dinner party in a home with 3 respectable couples. I was afraid this could be a rather quiet evening, so i decided to wear my toungue t - shirt to maybe lighten things a little bit up..
I am not sure what the others thought about me, they did not comment about it, but i certainly felt relaxed.
A week later I hard that the children in the home had talked about my shirt and how cool I was wearing it..

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 20, 2010 21:24

Havo
i asked a little girl today, why she wear this t-Shirt.---The answer--believe it or not--"Rolling stones are the greatest Rockn Roll Band--LIVE!!..She was just 15-19

Thanks Havo for sharing that. I think a lot more young people are aware of the Rolling Stones then are given credit for.

Posted by: StrawberryFields ()
Date: April 20, 2010 22:23

Hey buddy:

Are you kidding? How in the whole world could the teenies and twens know who the heck the Stones are?!? What they are buying is not the logo of some ancient band they never ever heard of - but a very proper substitute for the stretched middle finger,bottom-licking, bitchiness, all those things if you know what I mean.

What a laugh it would be for them if they would ever get to know who the Stones of today really are! grinning smiley

Date: April 21, 2010 00:09

Hi SwayStones..The clothes I brought is from a local jean company im not sure even if they had to get some sort of OK to put someone elses name like JAGGER on their gear I wouldnt be surpised if they didnt they probadly think out of sight out of mind living at the bottom of the planet yea.That 1st label you showed yea I checked that out a while ago thats a Serbian label started in 1906 they make some nice clothes there in E.Europe.Jade Jagger has got her own label in a clothing and a Jewllery line as well.With a surname like JAGGER ya cant go wrong..yea. Cheers mate.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:44

I see the rolling stones logo here in china

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 21, 2010 14:41

hey, everybody! when you say 'over here' can you specify what country/city yoyu mean!

over here (small city, middle of mexico) you see the logo a lot - tees, hoodies, caps, stickers on cars.. mainly teens and 20somethings.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 21, 2010 15:05

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-24 20:34 by UrbanSteel.

Date: April 21, 2010 15:14

I do have have a Stones T-Shirt with their logo but I'm a dedicated fan to them. I see other girls my age wearing the same shirt only for the logo really because the music they only listen to is Lady Gaga and the friggin' Jonas Brothers and I'm tempted to tear their throat out in the middle of the street because of it!! angry smiley

Date: April 21, 2010 16:35

rollingstoneschick92
I do have have a Stones T-Shirt with their logo but I'm a dedicated fan to them. I see other girls my age wearing the same shirt only for the logo really because the music they only listen to is Lady Gaga and the friggin' Jonas Brothers and I'm tempted to tear their throat out in the middle of the street because of it!! angry smiley
lol .

Wanna hear a funny and true story that occured some days ago ?
My ten years old daughter was raised since she was 1 year old with Rock ,classical music and of course the Stones . But for some months now,she really is into Hannah Montana ,Lady Gaga and another one I forgot the name .
So we were in my car and "Long Train Running came on the radio .
I said to her "Listen,my daughter ,this is what I call real music .You should come back to Rock & Roll instead of Lady Gaga ."

You know what she answered me ? " Are the Doobie brothers the fathers of the Jonas Brothers ?"grinning smiley

Date: April 22, 2010 20:59

Hmmm-I just wanna ask if the "STONES" earned a lot of money with Their merchandize?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 22, 2010 21:32

One of the things that I like of the Stones is that they are not only a rock and roll band. So many interesting situations around them. In many projects they involved lots of great artists, photographers, film directors, painters, stylist etc. Lots of interesting collaborations with big names in visual arts. No wonder so many items related to them have a very strong visual force. Be it the tounge logo, be it Andy Warhol's covers, you name it ...

OK, lets cut the crap, no need to be over intellectual here.

I too noticed all these stones tshirts around. Yesterday I understood why: H&M (a chain of clothing store with cheap stuff extremely popular with the teenagers) sells a line of tshirts for babies and babes with the stone logo for 5/10 euro. You bet, I bought them all for my daughter ...

C

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: April 22, 2010 22:23

"I see the rolling stones logo here in china"

Where In China?

Date: April 23, 2010 02:37

I remember once seeing a Staffordshire Bullterrier owned by one of the local Gypsies lazing around a camp fire with a wee pair of Shades on and wearing a wee leather Vest especially made for him with The Stones logo on it.The wee fella looked quite cool and I think he knew it to. He usually sits around the stalls set up to pull in the Punters..and he certainly does that everyone loves him.And ya tell he doesnt like his Vest to be taken off..especially in the cold weather.smoking smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 23, 2010 03:34

theres a jeans comapny called Citezens Of Humanity that makes the Jagger Bootcut Jean. I assume its named after Mick.
Im all for the logo still being popular, latley Ive seen people around wearing some pretty cool hooded sweatshirts that have it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 03:38 by ryanpow.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 03:46

Its all over in Indonesia. Lots of kids and adults wear it. But they really don't know much about the Stones, they like the logo, and know the name Rolling Stones. The stones played here for the Voddoo Lounge tour and started a riot...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2010 08:02

Powderfinger........

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home