Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Bobby Keyes with Joe Ely July 3rd
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 1, 2010 02:31

A good source tells me Bobby will not be playing with Joe Ely after all.

Joe Ely is still great live and the rest of the day's line-up makes it well, well worth going.

Re: No Bobby Keyes with Joe Ely July 3rd
Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: July 3, 2010 03:29

Is there any update on Bobby playing at Fitzgerald's..... we were planning on heading over there, but not if Bobby isn't in the lineup.

Thanks!

Date: July 3, 2010 16:17

Wineaux,

Trust me on this - go regardless. This is the best one-day line-up they've had and they've had a lot of other good ones. Also, don't miss Dave Alvin with the Blasters...

Date: July 3, 2010 17:54

OK - twisted my arm!! We're heading over there about 1smiling bouncing smiley

Date: July 3, 2010 19:47

Say hello...I wear dark glasses with a light green accent...

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 3, 2010 21:05

I am there around 3:30. Shreyer Malting Company t shirt, black shorts, with wife and daughters.

Date: July 4, 2010 09:11

Apologies for being wrong about Bobby not playing. Not only did he play, but he played more and better than last year.

Also, for what it's worth, the person who told me he would not be playing had good reason to think this was the case...they just assumed a little too much based on the information they had and so did I.

Filstan, I honestly thought we would finally meet. I looked for you but that crowd was just too much...where were you for the Joe Ely show?

Date: July 4, 2010 17:10

inopeng... no apologies necessary!! You were right on about the lineup. We were there from 1:30 until 12:30 - long day, but couldn't drag ourselves away!!

And there were A LOT of people wearing dark glasses with a light green accent, including myself!! cool smiley. I did look around, but gave up as the crowd got increasing large. We were sitting in the tent most of the time.... from about 6:00 on I was wearing a 'KEITH, MICK, BILL, CHARLIE & BRIAN' tshirt. Prior to that a brown & pink floral tank.

Fitzgerald's sure does know how to put on a great fest... love that place! If we weren't so tired, I'd head back over there today; wanted to see CJ Chenier again (saw him about 1 1/2 years ago @ Fitzgeralds).

Enjoy your 4th!!

Date: July 4, 2010 18:10

wineaux...it was really fun. For what it's worth, I was the guy in the obnoxiously bright yellow cyclist shirt...I figured (correctly) it was a good way to stay comfortable.

Did you watch any of Willie Nile? When he said he lived in Greenwich Village I wanted to say, "No, really?!" Just looking at him it seemed pretty obvious (in a cool way).

One of these days we need to meet along with Filstan...

Date: July 5, 2010 00:02

Were you standing in the tent with the bleachers (but closer to the stage). I think we were right behind you (next to the sound board).

Date: July 5, 2010 00:14

I was for the Nighthawks but went upfront for the Blasters and Joe Ely...I tend to bop around a lot!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 5, 2010 07:00

inopeng
Apologies for being wrong about Bobby not playing. Not only did he play, but he played more and better than last year.

Also, for what it's worth, the person who told me he would not be playing had good reason to think this was the case...they just assumed a little too much based on the information they had and so did I.

Filstan, I honestly thought we would finally meet. I looked for you but that crowd was just too much...where were you for the Joe Ely show?

No, we left after The Blasters. I was out of gas from the heat, and my remaining daughter was tired as well. We stood in the tent center by the middle entrance about 20 feet forward from the mixing board. Webb Wilder, The Nighthawks with Sumlin, and then The Blasters with Dave Alvin was enough. The Blasters were smokin hot. What a set!! Great day out there, and some day we will meet up. I wanted to see Ely, but I was cooked. Happy to hear it was worth sticking around.
We'll get it one of these days.

Date: July 6, 2010 19:42

Filstan, it sounds like you were right in front of me for the Nighthawks, who I thought sounded great.

A Bobby musical hghlight was the instrumental part of Can't You Hear Me Knocking played with Joe Ely's band. They really did it really well and kudos go to Ely's Flatlander's drummer and bassist Jimmy Pettit for their part in it. I hope someone puts it up on YouTube.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 6, 2010 23:09

man i wish i coulda seen this show. one of my favorite rockin' writers and one of the best boogie rockin' piano guys in rock history. man... this was probably THE show of the year down there...and that's sayin' something.... more reviews you guys!!! and thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home