Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick & Keith: tender moment in their later years
Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 2, 2010 05:31

This is from UrbanSteel's post.smoking smiley

Check out the song at 3:10 on . . .

Doesn't it just make you smile, one of the most touching moments I've seen in the so-called vegas era, just two friends having fun and rockin!

Are there other tender moments like these on stage, any video of it . . . ?

Re: Mick & Keith: tender moment in their later years
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 2, 2010 07:45

- 2003, courtesy of the BBC (don't know who took it, sorry!)

"me love the man"
- Keith, April 2006

they seem to take a moment to display fondness fairly regularly during Midnight Rambler
and of course there was the Far Away Eyes Moment in the Scorsese flick

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 2, 2010 08:13

The piece of footage of Mick&Keith when they greet that was on
Rolling Stone mag site about Glimmer/ Jack White cover photo shoot .... So touching!!! ...like lovers meetingXXX

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 2, 2010 10:35

Some nice pics here,NorthShoreBlueswinking smiley

[www.iorr.org]

I liked that moment on Shine A Light movie when Mick & Keith looked at each other with a tender glance

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-02 10:36 by SwayStones.

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: April 2, 2010 10:48

cooool !!!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 2, 2010 12:12

This is from the O2, August 26th 2007 - their last gig so far.
Unfortunately this happened on Ronnie-side, and I was standing on Keith-side and had stashed away my camera, so this is all I got.. But I'm sure those who were there remember this very special moment.
[www.iorr.org]

There was another very touching moment et the Cirkus in Stockholm in July 2003, after "That's How Strong My Love Is", when Keith was so impressed by Mick's vocals that he gave him a big hug - and we all started to cry a little. Unfortunately this was back when the Stones didn't allow cameras inside, and fearing I'd not be allowed in on this club show if I brought one, I left my camera at the Grand Hotel. Perhaps some of the Swedes have a photo of that lovely moment at the Cirkus?

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: April 2, 2010 16:24

Addicted
This is from the O2, August 26th 2007 - their last gig so far.
Unfortunately this happened on Ronnie-side, and I was standing on Keith-side and had stashed away my camera, so this is all I got.. But I'm sure those who were there remember this very special moment.
[www.iorr.org]

There was another very touching moment et the Cirkus in Stockholm in July 2003, after "That's How Strong My Love Is", when Keith was so impressed by Mick's vocals that he gave him a big hug - and we all started to cry a little. Unfortunately this was back when the Stones didn't allow cameras inside, and fearing I'd not be allowed in on this club show if I brought one, I left my camera at the Grand Hotel. Perhaps some of the Swedes have a photo of that lovely moment at the Cirkus?

great pic! is there any video from that 2003 show?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 2, 2010 16:52

I've not managed to get a video from the event at Circus in Stockholm... I have the CDs, of course, and you can hear Keith say to Mick: -That's the MAN! That's my man!
Unfortunately you miss their hug - but you can hear the audience response to it, and I'm starting to cry just thinking about that moment... Softie!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2010 20:12

Addicted
I've not managed to get a video from the event at Circus in Stockholm... I have the CDs, of course, and you can hear Keith say to Mick: -That's the MAN! That's my man!
Unfortunately you miss their hug - but you can hear the audience response to it, and I'm starting to cry just thinking about that moment... Softie!

Every time Mick chats up another girl he's trying to convince himself that he's not in love with Keith. That's why he had so many womenwinking smiley.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 2, 2010 20:20

Tha's cool enough.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 2, 2010 20:25

there's no tenderness in rock'n'roll. please, i beg of you.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 3, 2010 05:12

Northshore and UrbanSteel... I've never seen that clip of 19th NBD, nor have I seen the version from that tour. Awesome arrangement-- and a better performance than what I've seen from more recent efforts. I love the guitar sound and the overall groove.

Date: April 3, 2010 14:59

Thing about that '19th Nervous Breakdown" version it shows that the Stones were still very, very good until late in the game. Looking back I see that through '99 NS tour they were tops; yes they ahd the circus on stage, but this shows how vital the guitars still were. that is solid. Ron, Keith around Charlie's riser; and even DJ's leg is doing that Elvis thing.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 3, 2010 15:04

Palace Revolution 2000
Thing about that '19th Nervous Breakdown" version it shows that the Stones were still very, very good until late in the game. Looking back I see that through '99 NS tour they were tops; yes they ahd the circus on stage, but this shows how vital the guitars still were. that is solid. Ron, Keith around Charlie's riser; and even DJ's leg is doing that Elvis thing.

A very good post, I have wonderful memories from 99, Keith Richards was on fire, I remember how focussed he was during the heavy rain in Cologne 99, the final concert of that tour, I think they were not that good again in the new century.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home