Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wanna buy a house in Chelsea ?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 21, 2010 03:14

From The Sunday Times
February 21, 2010
Ronnie Wood: Can’t get no satisfaction
After a costly divorce, the Rolling Stone is set to lose £1m on his Chelsea home
Anna Mikhailova

The age of his girlfriends may be fast diminishing, but so is the value of Ronnie Wood’s property portfolio. The Rolling Stones guitarist has put his Queen Anne townhouse in Chelsea, west London, on the market for £5.875m — and faces a seven-figure loss.

The ageing rocker is set to lose £1.375m in the sale of a home he bought before splitting up with his wife. This comes less than two years after Wood, 62, paid £7.25m for the property, on the same road where Keith Richards and Mick Jagger once lived.

The 4,228 sq ft house has five bedrooms, four bathrooms and three receptions. There is planning permission to dig down and create a two-storey basement with an underground swimming pool, which would almost double the size of the house.

Wood had intended to carry out the work, and gutted the house, but the project never got under way. The price has been reduced since the property went on the market in October at £6.5m.

The house stands in one of upmarket Chelsea’s oldest terraces, built between the mid-17th and early 18th centuries. Famous former occupants of the row include Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Hilaire Belloc, the writer best known for his Cautionary Tales for Children. The painter Walter Greaves, who was taught by James McNeill Whistler, lived at Wood’s house until his death in 1930.

“It’s a big project, aimed at a property-savvy owner,” says Simon Rose, partner at the Chelsea office of Strutt & Parker, the selling agent for the house. “This is a fantastic opportunity, but probably more for someone who has done a project before.” He estimates that the work, which would cost millions, could boost the resale price to more than £10m.

A source close to the sale said Wood originally bought the house as an investment for his children. The transaction was made in March 2008 in the name of Sanctum Properties, a company in the name of both Wood and his son Tyrone, 26.

Last year, Wood’s personal fortune was estimated at £35m, down by £5m from 2008. As well as the Chelsea townhouse and the £10m marital home in Surrey, it includes a £3m estate in Co Kildare, Ireland, which Wood has reportedly been trying to sell on the quiet since last year. He also owns music and painting companies, and co-owns a London art gallery, Scream, with Tyrone and his stepson Jamie.

Wood has already paid out £6.5m in a costly divorce following the breakdown of his marriage last year to his wife of 24 years, Jo, 54, who is still living in the family home in Kingston, southwest London, and is reportedly planning to sell it. Last November, the couple, who met at the height of the Rolling Stones’ fame in the 1970s, were granted a decree nisi separation by the High Court after the musician admitted adultery.

A stormy two-year relationship with Ekaterina Ivanova, a Russian waitress 40 years his junior, whom he met in a London club, culminated in Wood being taken into custody for allegedly throttling her in the street during an argument. He spent several hours behind bars, but was not charged. He has since been romantically linked with a Brazilian polo coach, Ana Araujo, 30, and again with Ivanova. (He was recently snapped leaving her house.)

Last month, Wood, known for his rock’n’roll lifestyle, reportedly checked in at the Priory clinic, the rehabilitation centre favoured by celebrities. A spokesperson for Wood declined to comment on the sale, saying that this was a private matter.

Strutt & Parker; 020 7225 3866, struttandparker.com

[property.timesonline.co.uk]

Re: Wanna buy a house in Chelsea ?
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 21, 2010 03:17

This is so sad .

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 21, 2010 03:19

Lost $5 the other day and had live on love for a week ...
But WOW!! can't even imagine how Ronnie must feel .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 21, 2010 06:04

Rockman
Lost $5 the other day and had live on love for a week ...
But WOW!! can't even imagine how Ronnie must feel .........

I imagine he feels pretty good, at least HE knows how to play Stay With Me properly ... and there's little more important in life than that ! Property ? Pah, t'ain't all it's cut out to be ! It's just a friggin' roof over yer head, and like everything else in this thang called life - you won't be takin' it with ya when ya depart.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 21, 2010 07:52

An underground swimming pool?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 21, 2010 08:47

so anna is a polo coach! i didn't catch that last time around...i thought she was a model...

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 21, 2010 14:42

The address must be No. 104, Cheyne Walk; Keith lived in # 3 and Mick in # 48. A taxi driver claimed to me that Charlie has an apartment in the Carlysle Mansions, also on Cheyne Walk but I still don't know if he just wanted to fool me (only numbers and no names on the doorbell, of course, house number something about 60).

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: February 21, 2010 14:43

Cheyne Walk is apparently the place to be.

Date: February 21, 2010 14:46

JJHMick
A taxi driver claimed to me that Charlie has an apartment in the Carlysle Mansions, also on Cheyne Walk but I still don't know if he just wanted to fool me (only numbers and no names on the doorbell, of course, house number something about 60).

Seems like I remember hearing this as well.
Wasn't he staying here when he was getting his cancer treatments?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 21, 2010 15:16

Look at the author´s name...

Date: February 21, 2010 15:28

Edith Grove
JJHMick
A taxi driver claimed to me that Charlie has an apartment in the Carlysle Mansions, also on Cheyne Walk but I still don't know if he just wanted to fool me (only numbers and no names on the doorbell, of course, house number something about 60).

Seems like I remember hearing this as well.
Wasn't he staying here when he was getting his cancer treatments?

Yes maybe, though I was there in the early 80s.
I was walking around Mick's house
(suddenly the door was opened, a girl/young woman - Jade? - came out, saw me and my puzzled looks and immediately turned back into the house)
when that taxi driver dropped somebody next to me. He helped the passenger and then he turned to me and said something like: "Looking for Mick? It's Bianca's now. But Charlie lives over there." Does that sound credible?
So, Charlie's place is around the corner, around the next corner is/was (?) the Stones office (Munro Terrace) and around that corner ... Edith Grove!

Date: February 21, 2010 15:46

Another edition, Edith Grove: In No. 102 once lived the author Katherine Mansfield in "bad conditions", "suffering from pneumonia" (sounds like 1962...). (Female) Author George Eliot spend the last three weeks of her life in Cheyne Walk #4 (the house next to Keith's (there is only one road side, River Thames on the other side). T.S. Eliot and Henry James lived in the Carlysle Mansions (James praising the house and the view over the Thames.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-22 12:07 by JJHMick.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 21, 2010 18:52

Photographs of fancy tricks to get your kicks at sixty-six
He thinks of all the lips that he licks
And all the girls that he's going to fix
She gave a little flirt, gave herself a little cuddle
But there's no place here for the mini-skirt waddle
Capital punishment, she's last year's model
They call her natasha when she looks like elsie
I don't want to go to chelsea

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 21, 2010 22:23

What is that worth in dollars? Never understood that "£" symbol before the amount but I just figured out how to insert it.

While holding the "Alt" key down and type "0163" and the symbol will appear.

Date: February 21, 2010 22:26

The Sicilian
What is that worth in dollars?

As of today: $2,127,730

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 21, 2010 23:59

If I'm not mistaken I believe Anita still lives on Cheyne Walk - when she aint tending to Redlands for Keith!

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: February 22, 2010 03:51

Edith Grove
The Sicilian

This conversion must have been done backwards. 5,875,000 Sterling pounds to US Dollars = $8,011,022.

Not an insignificant amount of cash...

Date: February 22, 2010 12:34

OpenGspot
Edith Grove
The Sicilian

This conversion must have been done backwards. 5,875,000 Sterling pounds to US Dollars = $8,011,022.

Not an insignificant amount of cash...

Yeah, you're right.

I used the 1.375m figure, which is the figure he is losing, not the asking price on the property.
Also, I used 1.54 dollars to the pound. I remember not long ago it was nearly 2.00 dollars to the pound.
I wonder if the site I used for the conversion is current.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home