Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards Web Site
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 24, 2010 21:15

I hadn't been on Keefs web page for a while so though I'd have a quick peek - very disappointed to see that it hasn't been updated for years...all looks very tired and untended. I really can't understand it why bother to have a site (and it was a good site at one time) but not keep it up to date. Surely someone in the stones machine is being paid to do this. It doesnt need to be news of what Keefs is doing or not doing, they could put general stones stuff on or clips, or, well anything other than just abandon it. Your thoughts please?

Re: Keith Richards Web Site
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 24, 2010 21:26

Spot on my rodential friend! You state a clear case the Stones official web presence is not what it could be!

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 24, 2010 21:36

Yes, why doesn't it say "no one home"? Now people are waisting their time trying to write something to a guy that hasn't bothered to let everyone know, he ain't interrested no more! Is other peoples time and effort (in writting a request to him) of no consequence? That's a lousy attitude, just take the site down or at least take the "ask Keith" section down, so all know what they are at.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: January 24, 2010 21:54

Do you know Keith use internet?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 24, 2010 22:14

The Stones, in their professional personal lives, have no use for their own websites. In fact, their websites, at least Mick, Keith's and The Rolling Stones are:

- moot
- worthless
- unnecessary
- pointless
- abandoned
- barren
- cheap
- despicable
- empty,
- futile
- ineffective
- insignificant
- meaningless
- mediocre
- paltry
- unimportant
- unproductive

and are otherwise outright useless.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: January 24, 2010 22:48

knowing Mick it's surprising Stones sites aren't modern, shiny and up-to-date. a great way to promote the band!
RollingStones.com is the worst band site I've ever seen. nothing interesting.
on Keith's site... it's boring and not updated in years, but anyway not that bad. some videos, good discography and that... "Ask Keith" smiling smiley

Mick's site is newer... I just opened it for the first time: had no interest in Mick's solo stuff... I'm reading it now.

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: January 24, 2010 22:53

Boy, Have I felt the same way for some time ! Can't tell you how excited I was when I found his site. You'd think even though they mostly have no use for more money or fame, That they would once in a while keep in touch with the people, ( ME & YOU ), that made them rich and famous, and they wouldn't be "The Greatest Band in the World".

Date: January 24, 2010 23:01

Amused
knowing Mick it's surprising Stones sites aren't modern, shiny and up-to-date. a great way to promote the band!
RollingStones.com is the worst band site I've ever seen. nothing interesting.
on Keith's site... it's boring and not updated in years, but anyway not that bad. some videos, good discography and that... "Ask Keith" smiling smiley

Mick's site is newer... I just opened it for the first time: had no interest in Mick's solo stuff... I'm reading it now.

Exactly my point....seems weird that the the main stones web site is so poor (and very US biased) as are their individual sites (Ron's is the best IMO) The Stones machine is usually quick to grasp opportunities to make more cash. Considering the last few tours where they have embraced technology it would seem Mick has overlooked or doesnt consider the net a worthy cause

Date: January 24, 2010 23:08

It all ties in with the one word that more and more is foremost in my mind when I think of today's Stones and their relation to us fans:
contempt

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 24, 2010 23:18

Contempt for fans is what drove Jerry Garcia into his fatal spiral.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: January 24, 2010 23:34

jamesfdouglas

How do you make this out? I always thought that Jerry just over did it with junk food, drugs and general unhealthy lifestyle....wasn't aware he had a downer on Dead heads!!! Can you expand on it?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 25, 2010 01:32

I am surprised that Jagger does not keep up with this stuff. he seems to be a perfectionist and leave nothing to detail.

Keith - Well I think that he may want to stop if he does we should let him but he should also come out and say it and kill speculation. For a guy that had so much passion and love of music I'm surprised at his lack of inactivity I thought we would witness him being dragged off the stage dead.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 25, 2010 01:48

I discovered Keiths site a few years ago, and thought it was really good, enjoyed going through the "ask Keith" section, just to SEE him answering the questions from fans.Have not bothered to visit ti for probably 12 months or so, because it never got updated, shame really, because it would be good to find out what he is up to.Hopefully he is spending his time remembering ALL the facts for his book.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 25, 2010 12:25

Amused

I think Jagger's site is the worst .....
I 've posted a couple of time on it when it started ,but It turns very quickly to the mosts stupid board I've ever read !
You should read the comments of the chicks over there ....It so ridicoulous I can't tell .(Name of the threads :"Mick ,please call me "or "Mick I love you " or "Mick you arethe sunshine of my life " )
hahahhhaha !!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-25 12:26 by SwayStones.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2010 20:41

jamesfdouglas
the most absurd thing i have ever heard in relation to Captain Trips .sacrilege !

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 25, 2010 21:46

Well keep in mind the Stones were huge and continued to be huge long before all this technology so I'm quite sure it doesn't matter.

Well, it's rather obvious now innit?

Date: January 26, 2010 00:21

SwayStones
Amused

I 've posted a couple of time on it when it started ,but It turns very quickly to the mosts stupid board I've ever read !
You should read the comments of the chicks over there ....It so ridicoulous I can't tell .(Name of the threads :"Mick ,please call me "or "Mick I love you " or "Mick you arethe sunshine of my life " )
hahahhhaha !!
Don't you think it's Mick himself posting that? haha..

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: January 26, 2010 03:53

Keith did actually post himself on his MySpace for a while. I guess he was bored.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 26, 2010 10:45

DeliveranceStraightwayHoliness
SwayStones
Amused

hahahhhaha !!
Don't you think it's Mick himself posting that? haha..

No,because if it was Mick ,in this case ,he would post "SwayStones please call me !" (joke )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home