Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Angie: Abkco
Posted by: Max Volume!!! ()
Date: June 13, 2010 16:29

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know, or have a theory, as to why Abkco holds the publishing rights to Angie? I thought the band had terminated its legal obligations to Klein by giving him everything prior to Sticky Fingers. Angie -- it goes without saying, but I will anyway -- came out two albums later on Goats Head Soup. I find it curious...

Re: Angie: Abkco
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 13, 2010 17:55

It doesn't. It never did, at least until UMe reissued Goats Head Soup and said it does. Among other screw ups, that's one of them.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 13, 2010 18:04

And they certainly didn't play it.confused smiley

Posted by: Max Volume!!! ()
Date: June 14, 2010 18:18

Ah, thanks Skipstone! I wondered if that might be the case. Made more sense than trying to put together how Klein got his hands on Angie.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 14, 2010 18:41

ABKCO owns the rights on every song recorded - or started being recorded - published or not, before 30 August 1970.
Some of these songs have been published far after that deadline.
One example is 'All Down the Line' the rights of which belonged to ABKCO till the Virgin re-issues, in the 90's. The same goes for 'Shine a Light'.
RSR and Promotone have bought these rights, little by little, as the years passed and this is the reason why 'Good Time Women' and other songs have now surfaced.
To tell the truth, I doubt that the Rolling Stones started working on 'Angie' before August 1970: a mistake, nothing else.
It's a long time I do not spend too much time after the Rolling Stones discography, but I dare to compile a list of songs that's been in Klein's hands

Sister Morphine
Sway
You Gotta Move
Wild Horses
Brown Sugar
Good Time Women
Shine a Light
All Down the Line

Wild Horses and Brown Sugar are in Hot Rocks track-list, indeed.
Bye, Luca

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 14, 2010 20:08

[www.iorr.org]

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction ... cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home