Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
What Annoys You at Stones Concerts?
Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 26, 2009 15:30

I find fans somehow disturbing who want to look and behave like Keith Richards. Those wanna be clones who end up looking like a joke instead of cool. They often wear an embarrassing leopard coat or jacket, a scarf, have unkempt hair (if there is any left) and smoke too much in order to archive some coolness.

Another thing are men in their late 40's or 50's with a big beer belly wearing loud colorful Stones Tees tucked into their dad jeans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-26 16:24 by Bimmelzerbott.

Re: What Annoys You at Stones Concerts?
Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:13

grinning smiley whahahaha

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:18

Little annoys me more than hearing the Rolling Stones perform a shite version of a shite song, but then by contrast, little in life puts a bigger smile on my face than hearing them perform a blistering version of a shitkicking song ... and fortunately there's generally more of the latter. May they continue to roll for a while yet.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:29

People saying things like "They really need to get a new drummer. The guy they got now is SO OLD".

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:31

What annoys me the most is people ( and its usually women.sorry!) that has to sing-a long at the top of their lungs to EVERY song off key and typically drunk!

Posted by: Whyapee ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:42

Chuck Leavell

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:49

People that say they met The Stones or know everything about The Stones. One guy insisted That GHS came out in the 80's. What do you do?

People that drink drink and drink and don't remember the show.

People at The ABB tour that didn't know they had a new CD out.

People that where huge hats blocking the view of everbody 3 rows behind them.

People that have the greatest time at their show then come on this board and say they sucked.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:50

tatters
People saying things like "They really need to get a new drummer. The guy they got now is SO OLD".

Don't you just want to pound them?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 26, 2009 16:54

people who dont really know the band that are sitting front row and the rest of us diehard poor slobs up in nose bleed country, but its all good though i have had some really good seats once in awhile myself

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-26 16:58 by melillo.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 26, 2009 17:06

That every show has to end.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 26, 2009 17:20

melillo
people who dont really know the band that are sitting front row and the rest of us diehard poor slobs up in nose bleed country, but its all good though i have had some really good seats once in awhile myself

Well yes, agree. And as an extension of this general theme, I'm getting more and more annoyed at the sheer difficulty of getting GOOD seats for not only Stones shows, but ANY bloody live act ...... without having to resort to legitimized scalping organizations, like SEATWAVE, VIAGOGO, GETMEIN etc etc. Whatever the f**k happened to first come first serve and actually ATTENDING the show you've bought the ticket for ? Nope, that's all out the window now. Nowadays, a ticket to a music event is merely a commodity to be traded like any other. I was at the O2 on 22nd December to see McCartney. I had great seats in block row G block 112. There were half a dozen adjacent EMPTY seats in row G immediately to my left, and if I looked up above me in block 112, many many more empty seats. Other than those reserved by McCartney himself for friends & family, it is a fact that a significant proportion of those seats had been taken up by speculators who simply couldn't find buyers for the absurd markup prices they were asking, and hence lo and behold the seats remained empty thoruoghout the entire show. It's an injustice, and it disgusts me totally. Unfortunately, it's part of the world we now live in - but I AIN'T gonna stop ranting and raving about it, cos' it's simply wrong.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 26, 2009 17:25

Keef taking the night off, occasionally hitting a cord or two, mugging for the crowd, stopping in the middle of a song to get a drink etc....I am paying big money to come to the show so stop slacking and play your damn instrument!!!!!

Date: December 26, 2009 17:45

paulywaul
melillo

Well yes, agree. And as an extension of this general theme, I'm getting more and more annoyed at the sheer difficulty of getting GOOD seats for not only Stones shows, but ANY bloody live act ...... without having to resort to legitimized scalping organizations, like SEATWAVE, VIAGOGO, GETMEIN etc etc. Whatever the f**k happened to first come first serve and actually ATTENDING the show you've bought the ticket for ? Nope, that's all out the window now. Nowadays, a ticket to a music event is merely a commodity to be traded like any other. I was at the O2 on 22nd December to see McCartney. I had great seats in block row G block 112. There were half a dozen adjacent EMPTY seats in row G immediately to my left, and if I looked up above me in block 112, many many more empty seats. Other than those reserved by McCartney himself for friends & family, it is a fact that a significant proportion of those seats had been taken up by speculators who simply couldn't find buyers for the absurd markup prices they were asking, and hence lo and behold the seats remained empty thoruoghout the entire show. It's an injustice, and it disgusts me totally. Unfortunately, it's part of the world we now live in - but I AIN'T gonna stop ranting and raving about it, cos' it's simply wrong.

100% agree, most of the time when i do get a rare good seat its because i got lucky in a contest or paid an amount that i regret when i think about it,and yes the many empty seats at stones shows are because the brokers cant sell those seats which makes the place look not sold out when it really is sold out

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 26, 2009 18:01

melillo
paulywaul
melillo

100% agree, most of the time when i do get a rare good seat its because i got lucky in a contest or paid an amount that i regret when i think about it,and yes the many empty seats at stones shows are because the brokers cant sell those seats which makes the place look not sold out when it really is sold out

I am sure some of the empty seats last tour were due to ticket brokers over pricing the tickets but in some cases here in the U.S. it was Cohl's pricing policy which left them empty....For the Hartford. CT show some of the prime seats were $300+ and were still available on Ticketmaster the day of the show......also the cheap seats were not selling as my friends company was given over 1000 tickets for a stadium show to give away to employees just to fill the stands....So while I agree getting prime seats at face value is becoming near impossible that is not the only reason for the empty seats......

Date: December 26, 2009 18:39

yes thats true , some of the face value seats are even too pricey for sure

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 26, 2009 20:32

Yes, the end.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 26, 2009 21:19

From the audience side of things, 2 items:
1. People who forget the Stones have put out music after 1981 and seem totally bummed when they launch into it
2. People yelling 'sit down!' Sorry their arthritis is flaring up. and/or they think they are at the opera...but this is a f&5king Stones show...get up, stand up...rock out or stay home.

From the band: Keith and/or Ronnie doing more posing than playing. Like teaching someone to play golf...the impact is a result of playing thru the whole swing, every part is important and if you get lazy part of the way thru, the result will not be good. They often seem content to look the part of rock star, instead of playing with any degree of fire. Yes, they are old..but I think they might benefit from hanging out in Chicago, New Orleans or Memphis before this next tour and seeing some cats that are just as old or older, play with passion and fire every night for peanuts. Rehearing in Toronto is comfortable and convenient for the Stones. Maybe they need sweaty and hard and tough instead of comfortable.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 26, 2009 21:31

The cost of the tickets.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 26, 2009 21:32

Bimmelzerbott
I find fans somehow disturbing who want to look and behave like Keith Richards. Those wanna be clones who end up looking like a joke instead of cool. They often wear an embarrassing leopard coat or jacket, a scarf, have unkempt hair (if there is any left) and smoke too much in order to archive some coolness.

Another thing are men in their late 40's or 50's with a big beer belly wearing loud colorful Stones Tees tucked into their dad jeans.

I'M SORRY

SC UK winking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 26, 2009 21:56

The Setlists
The Ticket prices
The guitar playing
The venues
The ...

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 26, 2009 22:41

The crappy seats you get when your budget is only $200 per ticket

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 26, 2009 23:32

People on their Fu**ing cell phones and people that go to the concession stand every other song for more beer!

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 26, 2009 23:44

That the concerts come to an end. With such a vast body of work I'd like to hear more of it. Maybe devote half a show to a release like the Let It Bleed LP then let loose with whatever else they want. Yeah, it's common practice now days but it would still be cool.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 26, 2009 23:50

CBII - I agree that they could play a lot more of their catalog than they do. I think Mick thinks that every show has to include Satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash, Brown SUgar, Tumbling Dice, Honky Tonk Women, Sympathy for the Devil and Start Me Up and they don't I'd be happy to hear the secondary hits and the album cuts.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 26, 2009 23:55

The last show ya know ya gonna see for sometime ...Be it in ya own land or
some foreign place .....That final bow... man that can pull the wire thru ya heart

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: December 27, 2009 00:14

Holding their illuminated cell phones up everywhere and filming; they even film the video screens, test messaging also. Can't people go to a concert and enjoy is their attention span that decreased, probably the MTV generation.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 27, 2009 01:24

Bimmelzerbott

Its even worse when they also happen to be women.....

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 27, 2009 01:28

Gazza
Bimmelzerbott

Its even worse when they also happen to be women.....

LOL, yeah I have seen that one more than a few times. I guess Anita P has a free pass on this one tho.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 27, 2009 02:20

Semi-drunk or really drunk women who are basically someones date who just stands there with a drink in one hand and just shouting a conversation during the show. Actually, that's at EVERY concert I attend. Maybe woman should be banned from events if they cannot name 3 songs from the act. If they cannot, they should be banned and sterilized.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 27, 2009 02:23

what i don't like :

people talking on their cell phones.

what i do like:

being frisked by multiple security officers.i work long hours and have not been dating much lately.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1085
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home