Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pirates 4 - with Keith content
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 23, 2009 20:17

Pirates producers are currently working on the screenplay of number 4. It's called "The Fountain of Youth", and have a look at what's his favourite iten from one of his movies... The Keith doll from Pirates 3. Here's a little clip of what Jerry Burckheimer said:

What's the latest with the next 'Pirates' film?
We're working on it. We hope to start the next one in June, if everything goes well. It's got an excellent script.

Who all is coming back?
We're just going through the process of writing the screenplay, so we'll see.

So no one is signed right now?
We have a deal with Johnny Depp, of course.

What can you tell me about the plot?
It's called 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' and it's about finding the fountain of youth.

Where will it be set?
We don't know yet. We're scouting locations as we speak. It'll be someplace warm, I promise you that. Sometimes too warm. We'll be there this summer.

What would you say your filmmaking legacy is, so far?
You tell me! We just do what we do and have fun doing it. Hopefully we'll be remembered as story tellers and people who made a difference in a couple hours of the audience's time and made them feel better. That would be nice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-23 20:19 by Addicted.

Re: Pirates 4 - with Keith content
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 23, 2009 20:32

an unwatchable series of horrible movies, keef or no keef....

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 23, 2009 20:35

I love them. funny and bright smiling smiley

Date: December 23, 2009 20:44

Keith was brilliant in Pirates 3.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 23, 2009 21:13

I think they are really well done movies
Keith or no Keith.

I hope they not beating the rug too much with a 4th though.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 23, 2009 21:50

Pirates was just about tolerable & OK, Pirates II gave the impression the scriptwriters had lost the plot, Pirates III not only this - but that they were obviously on acid as well, and Pirates IV doesn't bear thinking about. In short, with the exception of a few memorable scenes from the original, they're a load of tat and eminently forgettable, KR or no KR.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 23, 2009 21:58

paulywaul
Pirates was just about tolerable & OK, Pirates II gave the impression the scriptwriters had lost the plot, Pirates III not only this - but that they were obviously on acid as well, and Pirates IV doesn't bear thinking about. In short, with the exception of a few memorable scenes from the original, they're a load of tat and eminently forgettable, KR or no KR.
I'm afraid I have to agree, Keith's Oscar worthy performance not withstanding, the genre keeps getting worse with each successive release...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 23, 2009 22:09

I'm not sure I'd watch them on my own, but my 8 year old loves them, and I find them more enjoyable to sit through than the average Disney movie.

Supposedly they want to get back to basics and back to the focus being on Jack Sparrow. No Will or Elizabeth. That sounds like a step in the right direction.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 23, 2009 22:23

I just saw the Captain Teague doll at TJ Maxx for $20.

I like the first movie a lot. The second one had some great stunts, but mostly I just couldn't get over the terrible hair extensions they had on Keira Knightly.

The third was was just too all over the place, but Keith was FANTASTIC! I didn't have high hopes because I read before it came out the he was drunk/couldn't remember his lines/find his marks... but he did GREAT! I loved it.

My son is just starting to get into these movies so i'll be rewatching them quite a bit i'm sure.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 24, 2009 15:48

These are the only roles in which I can stomach Johnny Depp, and Keira Knightly looks amazing in these movies, IMO

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 24, 2009 17:42

In the first one - she is indeed very beautiful!

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: December 24, 2009 19:09

Thought they were pretty entertaining. Johnny Depp should have won Best Actor for the first one.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 25, 2009 16:09

I felt the sequels paled in comparison to the first one. They just were not as fun! And the plot was far more obtuse and took itself too serious. And Dep just wasn't as fun this time around as well! But, of course, Keif was elegant! The best part of the third one!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 25, 2009 16:20

I love how keith just walks on to the set of a blockbuster movie and mick has been trying for years to be an actor and cant pull it off LOL

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 25, 2009 17:53

number 1 was really cool. 2 ok. 3 was rubbish but worth looking because of keith appearance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home