Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Ronnie awakes
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 6, 2009 23:29

Re: Ronnie awakes
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 6, 2009 23:33

Oh oh oh, here we go.
Not that I take that newspaper too seriously, but...
Ekaterina is now his EX girlfriend.
And he wants JO BACK.

LOL.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 7, 2009 00:15

Suspected assault... not pressing charges...

PLEASE let it get out that he did not actually hit her...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 7, 2009 00:52

Damage control. Yawn.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 7, 2009 01:00

stonesrule
Damage control. Yawn.

Yeah - i'm surprised it took so long!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: December 7, 2009 01:09

".....after polishing off two bottles of vodka on Friday night."

Nice...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 7, 2009 01:23

......................Sugar Dump

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 7, 2009 01:32

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2009 01:52

jeez..couldnt see THAT coming, could ya?

No fool like an old fool.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 7, 2009 02:04

Hopefully this sorry chapter in the Stones' history is over and Katya can go back to lapdancing and Ronnie can dry out and get back to performing music.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 7, 2009 03:36

jo had better not take him back...as someone else said, he should just enjoy his freedom...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2009 04:01

So should she.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 7, 2009 04:58

She should think long and hard before considering to take him back, and definately get a huge pre-nup signed! He is really in need of help, but like most addicts, he will need to hit rock bottom before he realizes it. Maybe the best thing the Stones could do is tour without him...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 7, 2009 05:46

jamesfdouglas

He didn't. He just choked her and dragged her down the street about a half a block.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: December 7, 2009 05:52

sweetcharmedlife
jamesfdouglas

He didn't. He just choked her and dragged her down the street about a half a block.

Just a half a block? Jeez, what a wimp.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 7, 2009 10:17

whitem8
She should think long and hard before considering to take him back, and definately get a huge pre-nup signed! He is really in need of help, but like most addicts, he will need to hit rock bottom before he realizes it. Maybe the best thing the Stones could do is tour without him...

Or maybe that would kill him. I mean, if he would be dumped from the Stones, he would nothing but a humilated loser. What would be there left of him then? I think being one of The Stones is still his public safe belt. He, after all, is something. But When that title and position is gone, he would be just lost and lonely, miserable old drunk who screwed up everything.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-07 10:18 by Doxa.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 7, 2009 10:54

What a lot of old tosh Doxa.What about the legacy he leaves behind?The great music and performances.Please don't talk bollocks.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 7, 2009 11:20

stargroover
What a lot of old tosh Doxa.What about the legacy he leaves behind?The great music and performances.Please don't talk bollocks.

Bollocks or not, but I would see that scenario as the last nail in the coffin. The media is already having a field day with him - with his behavior he is just giving them stuff on daily base, and to think seeing him sacked from the band would just be the thing they are waiting now. A'la "it took him 35 years to really to fill the shoes of Brian Jones"... And personally I think it would kill him - he if anyone is after all the only Rolling Stones fan who got a chance to join the band he is a fan of. He might has his little projects here and there, but foremost he sees himself (as the rest of the world, actually) as a Rolling Stone (and not to underestimate his gifts as a painter, but I think quite a lot of his fame in that field is based on his position as a Rolling Stone). He seem to love live that life, maybe too much. And the band even used his fanboy-attitude financially for years. Read from IN ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES book how he decribes how he "earned" by being credited for his songs, etc. He was such a good "boy". And I think quite many fans of his, especially from the Faces days, see that he actually sacrified his own integrity as an artist and a guitar player in his years as a being a beloved Rolling Stone. Just playing the second fiddle to Keith.

But honestly, I don't think Mick and Keith will sack him. They are not so cruel, after-all. He've been so loyal. And they seem to like him.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-07 11:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 7, 2009 11:41

Bliss
Hopefully this sorry chapter in the Stones' history is over and Katya can go back to lapdancing and Ronnie can dry out and get back to performing music.

Yes .I think he had wasted his talent these last months.
I know some will tell he's untalented....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 7, 2009 12:10

And his first thought was.....

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: December 7, 2009 12:12

If he makes a complete and dedicated lifestyle change I wouldn't say it is impossible. But he must start on his own and earn his way into a relationship with Joe again. It could take some years, but sobering up once and for all is his only chance anyway.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 7, 2009 13:01

Doxa,
I agree with all you have said. And believe they wont sack him neither on moral ground (it`s fantastic to my mind) nor as a weaker player than he was before. I see him as important part of the whole picture they compose of themselves(that is - and was - only partly musical) - of "other life", with their own,not usual, rules and boundaries(concerning music,ages,style,money etc). To my mind, all their business mashine just supports this. The dream of this life, I think,attracts peple to them no less than music.
Ronnie, joyful mischievous boy, (now - old boy, why not?) and drunkard,as Keith,wise drunkard - like personages of some novel about the victory over usual life,that many people want to stop as late as possible.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: December 7, 2009 13:14

The other reason I'm sure they would not 'sack' Ronnie is that they do actually need him.

From the gigs and footage I saw from the last tour (inc Shine a light) Ronnie was covering Keith's arse all over the place. I don't believe there is another guitarist alive who could do the job of covering Keith as well as Ronnie.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: December 7, 2009 13:45

Roll73
The other reason I'm sure they would not 'sack' Ronnie is that they do actually need him.

From the gigs and footage I saw from the last tour (inc Shine a light) Ronnie was covering Keith's arse all over the place. I don't believe there is another guitarist alive who could do the job of covering Keith as well as Ronnie.

Oh yes, there is/are. Maybe not with raven black hair and stick-skinny - but I can think of someone that could not only cover Keith's back but even challenge him musically...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 7, 2009 13:46

I don't agree Doxa. Often that is just the shock that addicts need to begin to climb the later up! He has his art, and he could devote more time and energy to actually playing music... But yes, I doubt very highly they will sack him, however, their environment is toxic and full of enablers. Hangers on, the party atmosphere, groupies, and hero worship. All those things do not bode well for an addict. And his guitar dueling buddy is also a big drinker....

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: December 7, 2009 14:27

Lightnin'
Roll73

Oh yes, there is/are. Maybe not with raven black hair and stick-skinny - but I can think of someone that could not only cover Keith's back but even challenge him musically...

Go on then, pray tell....

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: December 7, 2009 15:00

i am with doxa! if he looses his "job" in the rolling stones he looses everything. which reason does one have to be a sober nobody. that is not motivating it is depressing.

it is anyway silly to think he will ever be clean. he has to live with it and control it as good as possible. he has no chance to get off the dope with or without the rolling stones. but without the band he probably won´t see any reason to live or control his addiction anymore and in actual fact there wouldn´t be a reason.

"Hangers on, the party atmosphere, groupies, and hero worship. All those things do not bode well for an addict. And his guitar dueling buddy is also a big drinker...."

being clean would mean to be able to be with those people and still don´t take anything. impossible for mr. ron wood if you ask me.
and also there are addicts everywhere, you don´t have to be a guitarist to be exposed to situations where the people around you do drugs.
it happens every day and a clean person has to stand it every day especially in those kind of situations.

And also, who wants to know that he would be happier without smoking, alcohol, drugs. he would probably live longer but also happier. is he a type of guy who would be happy sober? if he actually had a choice.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 7, 2009 15:40

little queenie
jo had better not take him back...as someone else said, he should just enjoy his freedom...

Don't think she will take him back: [www.dailymail.co.uk] - hey, but you never know...

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 7, 2009 15:57

whitem8

Could happen. If Ronnie is an insurance liability, they'll drop him. I think he's a very sad old twat.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: December 7, 2009 16:25

why shouldn´t she take him back. she already got a lot of money that actually is not hers. now she can get some more.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home